• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

whos ur contest pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FallenForce

I got my Hipmonchan in a trade, adamant lvl 100.

I thought ' wow, what a great pokemon'.

Then I looked through its summary and saw that it had won 2 Master Contests, Cool and Tough.

Charzard03

I use my Pachirisu named Pako for contests and he currently has 19 ribbons :D

dragon-dark-master

Thanks SPPf. TTYL
My Deoxys, LV. 100, has done smart in Hoenn, and Sinnoh, I haven't done any other contests in Sinnoh, I have an Aggron who's done Tough in Hoenn and Miolotic in Beauty.

SoulSilver99

Milotic Rox!
Jigglypuff!Shes a cute girl.
shes up to the final stage of contests but we always come 2nd

FireSong

~The musical leaf
Cool ~ will be Luxray (Zeon)
Beauty ~ Glaceon (Snowdrop)
Cute ~ Leafeon (Dhalstar)
Smart ~ none at the moment
Tough ~ Lucario (Reico)

And that's just about it. x3
I'm thinking of what Pokemon would do good in all Contests.

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!
Let's see, let's see...

Lucario (Nora) was used in Cool Contests (I know, overused. Frankly, it's not like I know what pokémon's used in what Contest type, of all things)

Ninetales (Foxy Loxy) was used in Beauty Contests (Somewhere... I can hear someone sayin' I mimicked that one kid in that one Pokémon ep when Brock gave away Vulpix.)

Dragonite (Rydia) was used in Cute Contests (... I think it's cute tbh. Shaddup.)

Starmie (Starfy) was used in Smart Contests (Actually, how DO you judge Smartness? Heck, how many nerdy pokémon even exist?)

And finally, I used my Rhyperior (Taizo Hori) in Tough Contests.

And yes, I do suck a LOT when it comes to nicknames. Frankly, I'm no good at originality, but from what I've saw in R/S, nicknamed pokémon appeared to do better than non-nicknamed ones. That, or my Ruby game is wonky as eff. *shrugs*

m!ss p!nk

Puss wuss >3
Beauty - Milotic (molly)
Cool - Raichu (Light)
Smart - none
Tough - none
Cute - maybe my glaceon (glacia)

That what i have :3

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
all six of my teamies happen to be able to become contest pokemon with a few small edits in their movesets.

contests in D/P/pla are more easy then the avarage person thinks it is.

however these are them:
dragonite - cool
charizard - cute
raichu - smart & cool
aggron - tough & cool
absol - cute & cool
gardevoir - cool & beauty

i used to rely on a D/P contest guide i made which some might remember but it is highly possible to do without it, but that is if you are good at it.

LightingKimba

Listenin' t'Dragons!
contests in D/P/pla are more easy then the avarage person thinks it is.

Because of the lack of Jam moves, I find the Super Contests a rather strange change for the game. My whole strategy originally was simply jammin' the opponents down, and finish with my own combo move on the last two turns. Just feels weird that jamming doesn't exist anymore...

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
Because of the lack of Jam moves, I find the Super Contests a rather strange change for the game. My whole strategy originally was simply jammin' the opponents down, and finish with my own combo move on the last two turns. Just feels weird that jamming doesn't exist anymore...

yeah okay the jam moves went gone but there were things added in it's place that required speed and reflexes. let's be honest dressing up within a minute and the dancingrounds can be a disaster if you are new at it.

STICKTOPIA

I use my buneary:D

Calm PokeMaster

I use Infernape for Beauty and Gardevoir for Smart.Only contests I win in......

ElegyCity

Do we get ice cream?
Well for all the R/S/E contests I have a Banette with all the ribbons, and for D/P/Pt I used a Swalot to win all the contests and ribbons. I would have used the Banette if I had remebered I still had her on Emerald :p.

Last edited:
I have a variety of Contest Pokemon, as follows:

Cool: Lopunny
Beauty: Milotic (duh)
Cute: Leafeon
Smart: Vespiquen, Gardevoir
Tough: Lucario, Kabutops

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
Hoenn contest metagame > Sinnoh contest metagame.

Hoenn not only has the vastly superior Pokeblock, but it also has a much more competitive appealing phase. Lack of dancing and dressing up is also win.

Anyway, I used my Sharpedo in Hoenn for beauty (Surf + Waterfall + Dive + Rain Dance = win, also the sheer irony of Sharpedo) and a Cherrim in Diamond beauty contests. Haven't got anybody in Platinum yet, but I think that I'm going to use my final team from mono-normal Ruby when I import it.

Linoone- Cool
Exploud- Tough
Swellow- Beauty
Girafarig- Smart
Delcatty- Cute

or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.