• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's your favorite 5th Gen Pokemon and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
Hydreigon:
- ITS A DRAGON!
- VERY STRONG
-COOL LOOK

Samurott:
-Cool look
- the stronger of the other 2 final evo starters

Reshiram:
-FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!
-its a dragon as well!
- immense look
- the sequence when u see it is just so epic
-in the movie its voice is so awesome

Galvantula. It looks amazing and I enjoy the colour scheme. I don't like many of the new pokemon but Galvantula is amazing. Its original not a pre-evolution, or tag on evolution. Im also fairly certain it and Joltik are the only electric/bug pokemon. It just a very refreshing Pokemon.

R'linho

Retro Trainer
Gotta love Samurott. Despite its previous forms not being anything special, the final evolution made my mind up when having to pick a starter. The Snivy line is very cool as well and I like Axew also.

But my favorite one has to be Lillipup: I love Fox Terriers and always wanted to have one. After buying Pokémon Black I've actually started browsing my local kennel and local abandoned animals institutions for one.

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
It has to be Snivy line.

I also like Mienfoo, Archen, Cottonee, Sawk, Victini, Accelgor, Bisharp and Kyurem line(s).

Faytal

Virizion <3
Virizion. Quite elegant looking I say :)

Spacial

procrastination
victini, because its epic, its a fire type, and its really powerful and its signature move is the most powerful move there is that doesnt make you faint.

I really like almost all of the Pokemon from this generation which is weird because I hardly liked any of the Pokemon in gen 4. Since I like 90% of them I'm only going to list ones that I like using in battle.

Serperior - He's probably my toughest grass type pokemon on my roster. A lot of people hate on him, but if you raise him right you end up with an amazing well rounded pokemon.

Excadrill - Extremely strong pokemon. You can pretty much pwn anything with him because of his great stats. He's definitely my favorite ground type pokemon ever.

Zoroark - I haven't fully trained mine yet but she seems pretty strong and I love her ability.

Haxorus - It took me forever to evolve Fraxure, but it was definitely worth it in the end. His shiny form looks really awesome too.

Braviary - Simply the best flying/bird pokemon ever. It takes forever to get him but after you finally do, it's worth the long wait with Rufflet.

Hydregeion - I almost gave up on him because Deino and Zwellious sucked so bad, but I'm glad I didn't. He's probably my favorite 5th gen pokemon and is by far the most rewarding to raise. It's nothing like pwning people via wifi with him.

And lastly, as far as legendaries go I like Zekrom. I don't use any of them, he just looks the coolest.

pokerock4

Puns give me power
Victini why awesome,first fire and psychic type,v-create.Why wouldn't Victini be my favorite

RNG_Reporter

Best gen ever.

rook09

Of science.
Haxorus for sheer awesome looks. I mean, how many other dragons have red tusks? Just look at it.
I also rather like Zekrom, Klinklang, Reuniclus, Zoroark, Gigalith and, even though it needs to be realeased, Genesect.

Hmmm... This is a hard choice between Samurott, Galvantula, and Haxorus. Those three are awesome Pokemon with awesome designs. Haxorus itself is a beast to use. Galvantula has a very abusable typing, while Samurott is the best starter among the three.

I am going for Samurott because Swordsman for the win.

Pokemonpal7

Jungle Ninja
My favourites are Excadrill, an amazing powerhouse, Hydreigon, because it has amazing artwork and is another powerhouse, and Minccino because it is so damn cute! Zorua and Zoroark are also pretty high in my rankings, because they have amazing strategical stuff.

matgonor

Too cool for SSB4
Hydreigon.Just a freakin´ Hydra.And it flies.
We deserve a pokemon to work for him as godzilla.

Oh,and volcarona.Really innovative them fire/bug typing.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Emboar
-Many trainers hate it, so I've decided to give it some recognition
-Looks like Ganondorf with Fire
-Has a rare movepool compared to all of the other Fire-starters

Accelgor
-Impressive Speed
-Man, that thing looks awesome!
-Ninjask, it's about time you've had a rival

Cryogonal
-Just. So. Interesting
-Some decent uses here and there
-Night Slash? Automotize? Such a unique movepool for this Ice-type

Bisharp
-First steel type that that I've wanted in-game
-Above average attack stat and reasonable defense
-Just looks appealing to me

Escavalier
-Once again, great uses and some bulk
-Dangerously High attack stat. But Bug Buzz shouldn't be in it's movepool
-That epic battle cry...

xDWarrior

I guess the legendaries are cool. I really don't remember any names from Gen 5 xD

Status
Not open for further replies.