• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's your favorite 5th Gen Pokemon and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
Instead of picking a specific Pokemon, I will pick two types that I found to be excellent in gen 5. These are the Dragon and Bug types most notably Haxorus and Volcarona both of which I had trained and fully evolved by the 7 gym(I will admit that was painful due to the new leveling system but was well worth it even EV trained them like I do to any Pokemon I use(so many basculin, litwick, elygem, heredier, and whatever the evolved form of patratt is called again...).

Indigoodra

REEEEEEEuniclus (despite the stupid English name)

I love the little jello baby, he's cute, psychic, and bulky as hell :D

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
Galvantula and Joltik.
I picked Joltik because it's so cute! I mean, just look at its animation! <3
Galvantula because they're beasts with great type coverage (Thunder, Energy Ball, Bug Buzz and One other move, I think I have Slash) and it was the first level 100 I got in White. I want to breed either a shiny or a flawless Galvantula, or both!

I will agree and Galvantula did make a great team member on my white version though they lose out for my 1 and two slots on my list...(Galvantula is tied for with the dark dragon for third and fourth)

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
I'm going to have to say Braviary. I realize that he is an inferior Staraptor, but his design was just plain cool. Edspecially whenever he was put into pictures along with Stephen Colbert.

Zevn

Lost in Translation
Whimsicott, because it's like Sableye.

Shockking

i dont know anymore
I like so many gen 5 pokemon but my favorites from this gen would have to be... Probably Galvantula, then Hydreigon. There are sooo many others I like including :593::625::571::560::645::570::623::644::612::569::643::579::620::494::577::609::536::598::587::639::618::534::553::637::500:
I am so dang indecisive... That is like all the cool ones, and its not even all... I have so trouble narrowing it down... Oh well, I guess this means gen 5 was good pokemon-wise :)

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
I like Victini, Samurott, Pignite, Rufflet, Braviary, and Scraggy. But if I had to pick one I like the most, it's Victini. It's just a really cool Pokemon. It's move Searing Shot is one my favorite Fire moves too.

Design-wise my favourite is Virizion, and runner-up would probably be Mienshao. I just really like the 'elegant' looking Pokemon (<3 Gardevoir). Overall Gen V is definitely my favourite since Gen II... and it may be my favourite overall if you discount the effects of nostalgia.

ChrishMC

Mienshao is probably my favorite from Unova. She can pack a punch and looks smooth while doing it.

Probably Thundurus. :642:

Snake

Dead Man Illusion
Hey, Sawk is the karate pokemon! Throh is the judoka. Both awesome, I like throh more cuz I am a judoka myself.
Fav 5 Gen for me is Haxorus. Then Sawkthroh, Hydreigon and Samurott.

Darmanitan and Lilligant. Darmanitan for some reason reminds me of my favorite Pokemon, Gengar, and Lilligant is cute. I could list probably 20 more favorites, this gen was full of good Pokemon.

JadeRawrr

My favorite is Amoongus. It is the first ever 'real' shiny I've ever gotten. (I don't include the WiFi event shinies, since anyone can get them) I random encountered it while playing through the main story, and since then it's been my favorite. Shiny version is Purple, I love purple!

On the anime, though, I freakin' LOVE Levanny line. The sewaddle is freakin' ADORABLE. "Se-wa-wa!" =p

Status
Not open for further replies.