• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's your favorite 5th Gen Pokemon and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have to choose between Genesect and Galvantula. Always had a soft spot for bug types (Larvesta and Leavanny were next in line)

Gotta go with Galvantula right now too with my Carracosta coming in second, I guess. I just got White a few days ago and none of the Pokemon really jumped out at me when I was browsing the Pokedex... If I had known Chandelure was such a beast in the SpAtk department, I wouldn't have gone with Tepig as my starter. Same with Volcarona. I might start a bug team for my second run-through, honestly. This gen seems to be pretty stacked for the bugs. Galvantula, Volcarona, Leavanny... even Durant's stats look pretty good.

PokeAJ

I actually love this gen's pokemon in general. My favorite since Kanto overall. Only area I think is weak this gen is legends. Hoenn and Sinnoh's legends were much better overall. My favs are Braviary (obviously), Litwick, Chandelure, Jellicent (Ghost/Water typing FTW!), Axew (the cutest dragon type ever), Haxorus (shiny is epic), Hydreigon, Snivy, Serperior, Emolga, Oshawott, Dewott, Excadrill (this thing is a beast), Golurk, Cofagrigus, Sandile, Crustle, Bisharp, and Gigalith. I think they really hit a home run with the ghost types this gen. All of them are awesome. Only ones I really dislike from this gen are the trubbish line, scraggy line, and the genies. Also Basculin is just essentially a big waste of a pokemon. Only good thing about it is it comes in handy for speed ev training.

Last edited:

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
I like Genesect because he's this Generation's "evil legendary" and has a cool design and name (how can this guy be good with a name sounding like genocide?). If only Techno Blast had more power...

(And yes, I'm aware that his name isn't based off genocide (it's genesis + insect), but come on, doesn't the fact Plasma made it and the giant cannon kinda make you think that?)

Last edited:

Toxic Nightshade

GET TO DEL TACO
Favorite gen 5 pokemon? chandelure, because fire is my favorite type, and i was hoping for a new dual fire type pokemon. and a chandelure pokemon is a pretty clever idea IMO. ;)

Quils

Strange Creature
Favorite gen 5 pokemon? chandelure, because fire is my favorite type, and i was hoping for a new dual fire type pokemon. and a chandelure pokemon is a pretty clever idea IMO. ;)

Chandelure is not just my favourite gen V Pokémon, it's my favourite Pokémon EVER :'D
I just love its design. Well, I always love Ghost type Pokémon because Ghost is my favourite type 8D

I also like Volcarona a lot. Fire/Bug is an interesting combination. It's my favourite Bug type Pokémon 83
And Cofagrigus... it's cool. And weird. I like weird things.

I like a lot of Pokemon from 5th gen, but the one that comes to mind immediately is Mienshao. It's beautiful AND powerful. What more could you ask for? I love its color scheme and design a lot, plus I really like weasels. It even has a nice name! Not only is it one of my favorite 5th gen Pokemon, but it's one of my favorite Pokemon of all time.

Not only that, it gets some really cool abilities in my opinion. Plus, it gets moves that complement them nicely, like U-Turn+Regenerator and HJK+Reckless. Inner Focus isn't bad either, because it basically just gives Fake Out users the middle finger.

ZombieMeatballs

ポケットモンスター
Scraggy, because he is an awesome fighting pokemon with zen headbutt

Djblindz

Dragon Master
My favourtie 5th gen? Definitely emboar, one of the most powerful starters ever. With the move Heat Stomp and emboars weight it annihilates a lot of pokemon. I like zoroark as well, but is a let down in defense. Jellicent is awesome too. High Hp and really helped out against the elite four. Contending with Emboar would be Dewott, I raised one up and decided to not let it evolve, was basically as strong as a 3rd evo :)

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
My top 3:
1. Rufflet/Braviary (Took the cake on first sight. What's not to love?)
2. Volcarona (Embodiment of the sun and it looks awesome)
3. Carracosta (Underrated as a fossil, it's just cool.)

Flame Mistress

Victini. It's basically a cute little desert fox that has fire/psychic powers and brings luck and victory to its friends and is always so upbeat and cheerful and asgjfsa;afhj >////<

Emolga!

:587: Emolga! :587:

3lmi

pimping aint easy
Snivy and Oshawott are probably my favourite Water and Grass starters ever ~

but Tepig ... we didn't need another Fire/Fighting starter ... please stop making them

nikko.ideator

2022 7801 5735
Up to this point, my favorite to use in battle has been Darmanitan, by far. His design is quirky and interesting to look at, and with the Life Orb, he is a complete monster. Nothing in-game can take him down.

MedicalSledgeHammer

AveragePokemonFan
Hmm, I'd go with Carracosta, who became my favorite the second time I played Black.

Tina

Boy Skylark
Zorua.. :'D

Status
Not open for further replies.