• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's your favorite box legendary? (Gen 1-4)

Who's the best box legendary in your opinion?

• Lugia

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Ho-oh

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Kyogre

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Groudon

• Rayquaza

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Palkia

• Dialga

• Giratina

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

silv3rsolstic3

Pokemon Manga Lover
This choice can be based on design, type, because of your overall favorite game or anything. I'm just very curious about everyone else's opinions! (My personal fave is Lugia, by the way.)

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Why only gen 1-4?

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
My favorite box legendaries in no particular order

Zekrom
Black Kyurem
Xerneas
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Solgaleo
Zacian
Dialga

Picnicker

I'm a bit biased with Sinnoh. Palkia, the Pearl! I love the type combination, the shape, the metallic colours (even though it's not Steel-type) and the signature move (Spacial Rend) too. I don't use legendaries often, but Palkia is a very nice Pokémon to make use of overall - among the most overpowered ones, I'd say.

silv3rsolstic3

Pokemon Manga Lover
I'm a bit biased with Sinnoh. Palkia, the Pearl! I love the type combination, the shape, the metallic colours (even though it's not Steel-type) and the signature move (Spacial Rend) too. I don't use legendaries often, but Palkia is a very nice Pokémon to make use of overall - among the most overpowered ones, I'd say.
I agree, it's a really cool pokemon overall! It's also why I decided to pick Shining Pearl even though I didn't like the game's other exclusives very much.

Red and Blue

Groudon is my favorite of the options listed. Lugia, Giratina, and Rayquaza are runner ups though

Last edited:

OwensJB

Lugia and if I'm being honest I think its newer art on the SoulSilver box looks way better than its artwork on the original Silver version

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Zacian. I'm a dog person so naturally wolves are appealing to me.

Tsukisha

I'm going with Kyogre because of how fashinating the lore behind it is and, not gonna lie but, back in the day it was quite impressive to see a Pokémon with the ability to summon the rain by just entering the battlefield. Its Hydro Pump literally could one shot everything in Pokémon Sapphire.

Reno

so adorable...
Giratina based on how it looks on the cover. It's cool they made new artwork for it instead of using the stock art like they did with Dialga/Palkia.

Random Man2

HYPER BEAM!
For me, it used to be Rayquaza. But nowadays, I must hand it to Lugia, as it has simply earned an immense amount of my respect thanks to the way it has repeatedly served me in competitive battles, since this Pokémon has consistently found itself on my best Ubers and Anything Goes teams across the generations. It was largely thanks to Lugia that I achieved some of my most legendary feats ever in competitive battling, such as peaking #1 on the USUM Anything Goes ladder with a GXE of 97.8% and a win-loss record of 203-21, and also peaking #1 on the DLC2 National Dex AG ladder with a GXE of 97.2% and a win-loss record of 209-17.

Ho-Oh and Giratina are close seconds for me though, as these two Pokémon have contributed to my incredible competitive success across the generations almost as much as Lugia has.

Ho-Oh because it looked great in HeartGold's box art. I liked how it looked on the original Gold box art from the year 2000 too.