• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's your favorite Hoenn's starter?

Choose your starter.

• Treecko

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • Torchic

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 16 32.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Treecko hands down. Sceptile looks so awesome but I really wish it was half Grass and half Dragon type in the generation 3 games.

Red and Blue

Torchic is my favorite Hoenn starter and my favorite Fire starter period. Treecko, Mudkip, and their evolutions are also pretty cool as well

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
Purely going off of final evolutions, Sceptile's done the most for me. For nostalgia, Torchic was my first Hoenn starter and dealt with my n00biness back in the day. For the memes, Mudkipz will always be Meme Lord. The Hoenn starters are among a handful of starters, imo, that are well balanced enough to really not impact my playthrough strategy other than removing one teammate here and adding one there, which really isn't that big of a deal. (Also M-Sceptile was probably my most-used mega behind Gardevoir, so there's that.)

beanDude

Reviewer
This is a non-question for me since Sapphire was the first Pokemon cart I ever actually owned. MUDKIP, hands down. No contest. The other two starters are great and all, I adore all three but me and Mudkip, we go way back.

I love you, Mudkip. I remember the times we trained together, the battles we fought when I was just a kid who was still learning which type was weak against the other type. I remember when I found out that you would only learn Hydro Pump if I didn't let you evolve and we agreed that you wouldn't so we stuck it out together as our team grew and so did our bond. Finally deep into our adventure you mastered the move Hydro Pump and we looked at each other for the last time as Trainer and Mudkip, and then you evolved into Marshtomp. And then even later you evolved into Swampert. We surfed Hoenn's seas together, and I will never forget when we challenged the Elite Four many times. I was just a young kid but you were always there and we never gave up and we learned our opponents and made it all the way to the Champion after many failed attempts. We saw Steven Stone, and we looked at each other one last time just as we did when you finally mastered Hydro Pump before we battled Steven alongside the rest of our team. We won, and it was all because you believed in me. Thank you.

Um, so yeah, I think my favorite is Mudkip. Just a hunch.

Pyreon

They all have their merit, but based on their first form, I'll say Torchic. In general I almost always pick Torchic despite liking Mudkip a lot as well.

treatyofversigh

I genuinely do love all of them, but my fave's definitely Torchic. It was my first ever Pokemon starter and that line's always been special to me because of it :) My second choice would be Mudkip, though. Memes aside, I've always loved how that line looks. Sceptile getting a mega made it even cooler than it already was, too!

vondecayle

Mudkip was my boy! I liked so much that I delayed its evolution time.

Trillion

mudkip. ruby was my first game, mudkip was my first ever pokemon

i love the treecko and torchic lines too, but the mudkip line will always be special to me

Status
Not open for further replies.