• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Who's your favourite pseudo legendary Pokémon?

Pick your favourite pseudo legendary Pokémon...

• Total voters

Fushiki

Pseudo legendary Pokémon are those particular ones who have an amount of 600 regarding the totality of their base stats. Every Generation includes one of those, with the exception of the third which happens to have two.

Pseudo legendary Pokémon are the following ones: Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp, Hydreigon, Goodra, Kommo-o.

So... Who's your favourite of the bunch? Pick one (or more than one) and, if you want, explain the reason of your choice(s).

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
My favorite fully evolved pseudo is Tyranitar due to how badass & cool it looks. However my favorite member of any stage of a pseudo line is Goomy!

Lemonski

In my opinion they're all cool and I like them all, though I'll give extra points to Garchomp (since it's my favorite pokemon) and Kommo-o.
Garchomp is delightful in many ways: it's a dragon, a shark and a jet plane all at once, and purple is a pretty color.
Kommo-o is just generally pleasant-looking and the scaly theme is neat. Its tail is also quite ornate and fun to look at, I like that.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I like them all but I’m really partial to Shiny Metagross and its Mega after getting the event Shiny Beldum Mystery Gift In ORAS and Hydriegon for its design. The one I like the least is Goodra only because of the requirements to get it are way too gimmicky and difficult to do if you don’t know where to go to have overworld rain or the time of said rain.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I like most of them. Goodra's line is ok, but not my favorite, same goes with Kommo-o's. The rest of them just stood out to me more.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Garchomp, Kommo-o, and Hydreigon. Garchomp due to how infamously difficult Cynthia’s was, Kommo-o because of its Z Move, and Hydreigon for the color scheme

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Metagross, for a variety of reasons. Its seriously tough, and only took one generation for it to have physical psychic moves. Metagross' design is very unique and looks pretty tough, being some sort of spider tank. Also, while getting it to become Metang is a pain(or catching its legendary-tier capture rate) Metang is probably the best mid-way evolution and you get it Lv 20-45.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
By the three mediums of the games, Adventures manga and anime, it would be...
  • My favorite pseudo legendary of the games would have to be Kommo-o. I like it's Komodo Dragon design, it's moveset, typing, that it's the strongest Fighting-type Special Attacker and I like it's role as acting as the final Totem Boss of SM. My only problem with this Pokemon is that you catch it late in the game.
  • My favorite pseudo legendary of the Pokemon Adventures manga would have to be Garchomp, specifically Cynthia's Garchomp where we get to see a bit of Cynthia and her Garchomp having their own little Pokemon journey on the side and even get to see when Garchomp was but a wee little Gabite. Also I just love how Garchomp partakes in one of the best battles in Pokemon history, Cynthia vs. Cyrus where now that I think about it, this might be the first real time where I saw any incarnation of Cynthia actually find a worthy opponent.
  • My favorite pseudo legendary of the Pokemon anime would have to be Goodra. His relationship with Ash is great, I like it's short but fantastic development from Goomy to Goodra and it's interesting playstyle where it dishes damage it takes back and uses the rain to it's advantage.

Shuriken Throw

Garchomp is my favourite. It has a great mega evolution and was a great member in my team on Pokemon Diamond. And its design is cool too.
Hydraigon and Metagross are also great.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
If we're including Mega Evolutions and shinies? Shiny, it's still Megatross. Mega? Well we don't have much to select, but I'd say Salamence because of its awesome ability and hitting like a truck.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I like most of them, namely Tyranitar, Metagross, Salamence, Garchomp, Hydreigon and Goodra. Indifferent to Dragonite (even if it's pretty great with Multiscale), and not a fan of Kommo-o (looks overdone imo).

However, my no. 1 spot still goes to Garchomp even after all these years. It oozed awesomeness when it was so hard to beat as Cynthia's ace, and it's value hasn't diminsed even after all these years.

catzeye

Writer's Block
Tie for me between Salamence, Metagross and Konmo-o

I love Salamence for the simple yet cool traditional western dragon look. Plus I'm a sucker for heartwarming stories and the story of how Bagon wants to fly so much that it actually evolves into something powerful that can fly was a really interesting touch to the species.

Metagross has a cool typing and I like that it's one of two non-dragon pseudo-legendaries. It beats out Tyranitar for me since it looks absolutely nothing like a dragon/dinosaur. I love the dragon-type, but I wish they would add more pseudo-legends that weren't dragons (or dragon-esque). Also props to Gen 3 for giving us two pseudo-legends instead of one.

Konmo-o's design is super awesome in my opinion and I love the Dragon/Fighting typing. Honestly it's been the first pseudo-legend since Gen 3 that I was honestly super excited to find and catch.

Honorable mentions: the rest of them. I honestly can't say I dislike any of the pseudo-legends thus far.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Mine was a tie between Dragonite, Goodra, and Kommo-o

Dragonite because it holds sentimental value as the OG pseudo legendary. A big dragon with small wings just gave it a fantasy sort of appearance, not to mention that my sister had a Dragonite card that I would try to use as a reference to draw all the time. I really like its color scheme, more so towards the earlier sprites because I felt like they had a lot of character to them, but I still love Dragonite now.

Goodra just has this sense of adorableness both in design and pokedex entry. It loves hugs, its got this smooth design, the colors are solid, and I happened to use one on my X playthrough, so I got attached to that one as well. I just loved going into Pokemon Amie and seeing that sweet smiling face. Seemed like an all around great Pokemon to me.

Kommo-o is interesting because it's the only one here I haven't used on an actual team, but I place that mainly being to how late you get it rather than a testament to how good or bad it is in battle. Kommo-o has an awesome design and learning about the real life inspiration was cool as well. It gets Bulletproof as an ability, which is fantastic, and it has this dinosaur look, which I love.

It's funny, the only pseudo legendary I don't actively like is Garchomp and not for a lack of trying. I tried using it on a Platinum team, but it didn't really do it for me. I absolutely love sharks, so it should've been a slam dunk, but I don't know if it's just been overhyped to me or that I've seen it everywhere since Gen 4 launched, but it's just meh to me. Doesn't mean it's a bad Pokemon, just not for me, I guess.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It's honestly a hard choice.
Garchomp's usually on my team more, but I love pretty much all of them!
The only one I don't really use is Salamence, cause be honest... Flygon's cooler.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I like tyranitar the best of the lot, it's pretty powerful and versatile apart from its x4 fighting weakness.