• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Whose that Pokémon?! Weekly Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

umbreot

God of Fusions
Who's that Pokémon?! Weekly Contest

Week 3

;197;Welcome to the weekly Who's that Pokémon?! Contest.;018;​
Hosted by yours truly, Umbreot.
~Approved by Sweet May~

Last Week's Contest
secondbatch.png

This weeks contest
option1jun5.png
option2jun5.png

• Option 1 made by Northern Lights
• Entries due by next Sunday.

-----------------------------------------------------------------​

Rules
In this contest, you will be provided with a blank silhouette of an unknown pokemon. You are to use that silhouette to create a custom pokemon. You may either use the small images provided to create a sprite, or the larger one to create a sugimori style drawing.

Example
Here is an example of a submission, where one has chosen to do the Sugimori style artwork.

Challenge + Submission
ex1.png
frillecute.png
For more examples, look at the hall of fame.

Rules/Judging
+ You may only create one submission.
+ Pick whether or not you're doing a sugimori art style drawing using the large image or a sprite using the smaller ones.
+ It is not mandatory to provide additional information, BUT IT HELPS YOUR SCORE
+ Judging will be delivered every Sunday and the next challenge will also be posted Sunday.
+ Judging will be based on: Creativity, Originality, and Skill.
+ Winners will be posted on this hall of fame.
+ If you win, you may send me a silhouette of your own. As long as I get it by Sunday night, I will make it one of the options.
Do I have to follow the outline/silhouette exactly or can I shave 1px off in places as long as I keep the same silhouette?

As long the same general silhouette is maintained, it's fine. A pixel here and there is acceptable.

Can we get colors from other sprites, or do they have to be custom?

Colors can be obtained from other sprites. I would prefer that parts aren't.

One more question - Will both options be judges together, or separately? Meaning there will be a winner from both categories or just one winner per week?

When I post the judgings, the entries for each option will be ordered by rank separately; one list for option one and one for option two. However, the first, second, and third place will be chosen independently of those lists. There is only one winner (first place, ofc).

Good luck, have fun!

Last edited:

Medical Meccanica

give me the booty
This looks REALLY fun!

One question - you have pixel errors in the (small) silhouettes. Do I have to follow the outline/silhouette exactly or can I shave 1px off in places as long as I keep the same silhouette?

umbreot

God of Fusions
Do I have to follow the outline/silhouette exactly or can I shave 1px off in places as long as I keep the same silhouette?

As long the same general silhouette is maintained, it's fine. A pixel here and there is acceptable.

maxxa

~her last bounty~
Okay I'm definitely interested, I'd love to help make silhouettes for you too, reserving a spot for my entry here.

umbreot

God of Fusions
Okay I'm definitely interested, I'd love to help make silhouettes for you too, reserving a spot for my entry here.

Hmm.. your interest in making a silhouette gave me an idea.

From now on, whenever you (anyone) win a contest, you will have a limited amount of time to send me a silhouette of your own. As long as I get it in time, I will make one of the two options for the next contest the silhouette that the winner sent me.

So if I declare the winner Sunday morning, I'd need the silhouette by Sunday night.

Last edited:

Medical Meccanica

give me the booty
silhouettecontest1dodone.gif

Option 2 used

Dodone
The Dodo Pokemon
Rock/Fire

DODONE went extinct long ago because of their inability to fly. Some days, DODONE looks up at the sky and dreams of flight.

Evolves into AVIADO at Level 40

Just a question - has this been approved? It's a great idea, but I don't want to start making my entry if it just gets closed in the end :s

And can the pokemon be an evo/pre-evo of an existing pokemon?

Last edited:

umbreot

God of Fusions
Just a question - has this been approved? It's a great idea, but I don't want to start making my entry if it just gets closed in the end :s

And can the pokemon be an evo/pre-evo of an existing pokemon?

Yes, it has been approved by Sweet May.
And sure, you may make pokemon that are evo/pre-evo's of existing ones. There are no stipulations against that.

On the contrary, I would even encourage it. It would be especially cool if you make an evo/preevo that's based on one of the previously winning entries. (atm that's impossible since it's round 1)

Lucario9

The Power of Aura
This seems fun. How will the voting work, like WSC or will you be the judge?

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
http://i55.*******.com/25i1xch.gif

(option 2)

Llamana, the Omnipotent Pokemon

Fire/Psychic

72/56/64/102/131/89

Ability: Flash Fire

LLAMANA can see anything with the two eyes on its back, even the future. It keeps these visions a fiercely guarded secret.

Does not evolve.

Example moves: Future Sight, Fire Spin, Mind Reader, Mean Look

satsumarax

1st generation girl
Option 1
wisefish-iaza.gif

Sageel
The "Wise Fish" Pokemon
Water
It has been said that an old fisherman once caught a talking SAGEEL, that offered 3 wishes in exchange for its life. That SAGEEL was aparently extremely tasty with a side of lemon.

I like this contest! It seems like heaps of fun, even if my concept was a bit boring. Can't wait to see other entries...

umbreot

God of Fusions
Can we get colors from other sprites, or do they have to be custom?

Colors can be obtained from other sprites. I would prefer that parts aren't.
I like the entries that I see so far, keep them coming!

maxxa

~her last bounty~
i give up reserving my spot, heres my entry, option 1.
Quaquin
quaquin.png

Water
Foolish Duck Pokemon
In the days before electricity and entertainment people would often breed and keep QUAQUIN for the purpose of letting it loose in a house purely to watch its confused waddle around a room. people used to dress up as QUAQUIN and interact with them, creating shows that would entertain even royalty.​

Last edited:

allaboutthecute

When I grow up
Option 2.

xEuVT.gif

When one of Exeggutor's heads falls off, that head finds others and becomes an Exeggute. When all of Exeggutor's heads fall off, it evolves into Blaree. Pronounced Blah-ree, and it comes from blank+tree and blah+tree (blah meaning boring).

I don't really like the sprite, the concept or the name, but I just had to get the idea out, and this was my last day to do so.

Lucario9

The Power of Aura
Option 2

Seedurk:
iaza14983474204700.gif

Type(s): Grass/Poison

The Irking Pokemon
Seedurk bury their bodies in soil with only their flower sticking out. When disturbed, they release a foul smelling gas that causes extreme discomfort for those nearby.

Habitat(s): Gardens, parks.
Diet: Soil

draya the dark master

Sort of Undead atm♥
Option 1

Psyakin (s-eye-a-kin)
dark/psychic
the divious pokemon

this small pokemon is believed to have come apearing from the shadows. it is known to pull pranks on people and other pokemon usining its psychic powers which are concentrated within the sharp blade on its nose.

it is found mostly in cities and old buildings

psyhcin.png

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
Option 1

Emallow
The Takeover Pokemon

http://i52.*******.com/2qdu4yc.png

Types: Fire/Rock

EMALLOW lurks in the night, searching for it's next prey to take over.

Status
Not open for further replies.