• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Whose that Pokémon?! Weekly Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

umbreot

God of Fusions
Additional Comments

Llamana, Dodone, and Quaqain were all pretty much on the same level. It was tough to order them. I put Lamana first because it looked the most poke-realistic (likely to be a pokemon). Between Dodone and Quaqain, I felt that Dodone had the better sprite job, so that's why it's placed before. Still, all of them were good.

As for option one, Hornell was very well drawn and the idea for it reflected pretty much exactly what I had in mind when I created the outline, which was nice. Torrawl demonstrated the next best level of skill in terms of spriting, but in all honesty, I liked MEME's Flotle quite a bit. I wish MEME had done a better job at spriting Flotle, I quite enjoyed the color choice and concept.

Ottree just blew me away with the concept, color choice, and skill with which it was drawn. It was a very original, creative, and skillful entry.

I felt like all the other sprites could have used a lot of improvement.

Last edited:
Yay, this is the best I've ever done in a sprite contest! <3

Great job, Dr. Zoid, a worthy winner indeed. And all the other entries were great too :p

umbreot

God of Fusions
Alright, next week's contest is up.

Alliance

Re-Arrival
K, let's see how I do (Mind, this is my first thing of this sort, so once this week ends, I'd like some comments on it please)
Horyptide.png

Option 1 used.
Horyptide (Hor (as is HORror)- ip - tide)
The Sea Ghost Pokemon
Water/Ghost
Horyptide's are said to be the ghosts/mummies of ancient sea mammals, and they travel the land searching for water. Once they find it, they use their brains to absorb it.

I have a bd feeling some amazingly talented spriter (like Dr Zoid or the runners up this week ect) will enter and kick my butt. Oh well.

maxxa

~her last bounty~
my entry this week
spudill.png

Spuddill

ground

Spuddills dont live very long outside of soil until they evolve, their weak soft bodies need constant nourishment.

Burakoru

Belly Slide
Pixelatedmon.png

Marrixel
The Pixelated Bone Pokemon
Type: Dark/Ground
This is the pokemon created when Cubone loses it's Bone on top of it's head, the creature turns into a raging thing of darkness, and stops at nothing to get it's head piece back.

umbreot

God of Fusions
Pixelatedmon.png

Marrixel
The Pixelated Bone Pokemon
Type: Dark/Ground
This is the pokemon created when Cubone loses it's Bone on top of it's head, the creature turns into a raging thing of darkness, and stops at nothing to get it's head piece back.

I don't think you get the point of this contest. You're supposed to fill in the outline so you can actually see a pokemon. If that's what you've done and this is your entry, it's not going to win.

By the way - I don't know why you've capitalized Bone. Also, "it's" means "it is"; it doesn't indicative possession. I'm just a stickler for grammar.

Terrible. Just terrible.
@Umbreot that is.
Ok.

Last edited:

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Kelpent.gif

Kelpent, the Bonehorn Pokemon

Dark

55/105/35/85/35/95

Ability: Rock Head/Anger Point

Groups of KELPENT will attack those they deem unfit to live. Its sense of morals is bankrupt.

Evolves into Satyraik.

Example moves: Punishment, Bone Club, Leer, Headbutt

Exxmaniac

Shapoopi!
Pakyll.png

Pakyll, the Spirit Elephant Pokemon
Poison/Ghost OR Ghost/Poison
PAKYLL have been found in abandoned circus tents, performing for other ghost Pokemon.

satsumarax

1st generation girl
dumbdog-iaza.gif

Kujog
The "Hunter" Pokemon
KUJOG are known for their fun personalities and goofy appearances. Despite this, however, KUJOG seem to have an unnatural hunger for MAROWAK and is one of the leading reasons why CUBONE are nearly always orphans.

Hehe... surprisingly morbid... hmmm...

((Also, I would really appreciated feedback for this sprite (and my past sprite if possible) as I really need to try and improve my scratches...))

MEME

dumbdog-iaza.gif

Kujog
The "Hunter" Pokemon
KUJOG are known for their fun personalities and goofy appearances. Despite this, however, KUJOG seem to have an unnatural hunger for MAROWAK and is one of the leading reasons why CUBONE are nearly always orphans.

Hehe... surprisingly morbid... hmmm...

((Also, I would really appreciated feedback for this sprite (and my past sprite if possible) as I really need to try and improve my scratches...))

wow

It's great

:)

Last edited:

umbreot

God of Fusions
Whatever happened to grammar and spelling?

maxxa

~her last bounty~
Status
Not open for further replies.