• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Whose that Pokémon?! Weekly Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucario9

The Power of Aura
Option 2

Seedurpin (s-ee-durp-in)
Grass/bug
the durpy flower bug

this durpy pokemon likes to live in shallow sand based soil along tropical coastlines. it is often seen sitting on sand dunes to soak up the sun with the lage flower on its head

it is found mostly alond tropical coastlines and where spriters couldnt be bothered putting in any effort

Compsprite.png

As far as I know, your only allowed 1 entry per week, and you already entered with the other one.

Gryghaim

InfernalBlaze
Option 1
TransWTP1op1.png

Torrawl
Water/Dark
The territorial Pokémon
Torrawl is very violent. It blatantly attacks everbody who invades it's territory. Unluckily for passing travelers it sees the entire world as it's own territory. The big horn on it's head is it's main weapon.

umbreot

God of Fusions
Just a reminder, only 2 days left! Judgings will be posted Sunday Morning EST.
Entries may be posted until I begin judging, which I will announce when I start.

One more question - Will both options be judges together, or separately? Meaning there will be a winner from both categories or just one winner per week?

Dw, I am entering, just wanted to know xD ~

umbreot

God of Fusions
One more question - Will both options be judges together, or separately? Meaning there will be a winner from both categories or just one winner per week?

When I post the judgings, the entries for each option will be ordered by rank separately; one list for option one and one for option two. However, the first, second, and third place will be chosen independently of those lists. There is only one winner (first place, ofc).

Here is my entry, Option 1:

http://i53.*******.com/14v5svn.jpg
Hornell
Rock/Psychic Type
The Deep Pokemon
Hornell live alone at the bottom of the sea. It uses a radar in its horn to sense prey from miles away, and use the horn to kill it. However, if faced with a bigger foe, a Hornell will use it's psychic powers to take it down. The big shell on it's back protects it from attacks and helps it survive in the deep sea.​

Please tell me if I need to change anything about my entry (get rid of the glow, or if I changed the outline a bit too much (I only made the feet and shell a bit smoother/bigger D: )).

umbreot

God of Fusions
Please tell me if I need to change anything about my entry (get rid of the glow, or if I changed the outline a bit too much (I only made the feet and shell a bit smoother/bigger D: )).

It's dandy as it is =)

dr. zoidberg

that is a very original idea MEME, but I really feel its a waist if you wont work on the shading a while longer

umbreot

God of Fusions
Closed.

Judging in progress.

umbreot

God of Fusions
I present to you, the results of the first week of the competition!

firstbatch.png

This contest seems like it will be a great success, if this first week is anything to tell by. I saw some excellent entries there, much better than what I could do.
Many of you need to improve on your shading techniques, as that was one of the primary issues with the lower ranked entries. I suggest reading the many helpful articles on spiriting that are on this site.

As soon as the winner messages me his outline (if he wishes to do so), I will post the next two options and then we can get started on the next week.

Last edited:

Lucario9

The Power of Aura
I don't know if this is possible, but do you think you could post the scores and whatnot for our entries? Just so I know which category(s) I have to improve in.

umbreot

God of Fusions
I don't do that whole detailed description/judgment/score nonsense. It takes up too much time to do it for every single entry, and is generally a waste. If you really want to know what I think of your entry, you can message me privately.

I assume you, Lucario9, are one such person, so I'll answer you here.

Seedurk:

Type(s): Grass/Poison

The Irking Pokemon
Seedurk bury their bodies in soil with only their flower sticking out. When disturbed, they release a foul smelling gas that causes extreme discomfort for those nearby.

Habitat(s): Gardens, parks.
Diet: Soil

Another Grass/Poison type. Considering that we have an ample amount of those, this is just another run of the mill Pokemon. A buried seed is hardly imaginative. I do like the concept of it releasing gas when picked, an interesting defense mechanism.

The sprite itself is of rather low quality. The eyes are not stylized in the way that other sprites are. The shading is done quite poorly, throughout the sprite. The sprite does not look like it could be in a pokemon game due to those reasons. It does not look like much effort was put into the creation of the sprite, and thus, all these areas need improvement.

Grade: Needs Improvement

Lucario9

The Power of Aura
^Thank you, I'll keep this in mind for round 2.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Wow, I'm really surprised Quaqain wasn't up there - and happy mine was at least a runner up! Great job, everybody, especially Dr. Zoidberg and suicune lover!

Status
Not open for further replies.