• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Whose that Pokémon?! Weekly Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Wow, I haven't done any proper spriting in ages!

However, I got carried away and made two entries, and now I can't choose between them. Would I be able to post both and take advice on which to enter?

Also, are you allowed to rotate the sillouettes? If not, that rules out one of my entries anyway.

umbreot

God of Fusions
Would I be able to post both and take advice on which to enter?

Also, are you allowed to rotate the sillouettes? If not, that rules out one of my entries anyway.

I'm lazy, so pick the one you think has the better chance to win.
And you may not rotate the silhouettes. You may horizontally flip them, however.

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
This is a great idea for a contest.

Option 1

http://i52.*******.com/2ag714.jpg

ECTOSITE
Ghost
The Ectoplasm Pokemon
This parasitic pokemon infects or possesses humans, it then absorbs the hosts life energy in order for it to survive.

Last edited:

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
And you may not rotate the silhouettes. You may horizontally flip them, however.

Iiiin which case, I choose Oinkalump!
Oinkalump.gif

Normal type
A bizarre and carefree Pokemon. For reasons unknown, it is often born with only three legs. It's wings do not work.

Djinose
Djinose.gif

Psychic
The ability to grant wishes is stored within its magnificent nose hair.

Last edited:

wolftamer9

100 shots, 100 hits!
Wow, this forum is popular enough to have a spriting contest EVERY week? I'm entering.

Option 2.
wtp1-1.png

Minoumpet - It was once broken, but it replaced its mouth with a trumpet and its body with part of a bird, so it's better now.

Sleeping Dragon

Noobish Gamer
This is pretty cool. I think I will join.

Option 1

iaza16559013744100.gif

Nymare

Ghost/Dark
Nightmare Pokemon
It is said to have been mistakenly created by Musharnas that have negative EDIT: Thoughts(Sad, Envy, Anger). It goes around at night with bad dream smoke and gives people nightmares.
Evolves into Horrotem at Lv. 34

I have a bad feeling about Northern Light's sprite...

Last edited:

Gryghaim

InfernalBlaze
Option 2
TransWTP2op2.png

Sperone (spirit-hero-bone)
Ghost/Fight
Sperone are the reincarnations of heoes who died while doing heoic deeds. The fight with two bones left from their previous body, That's why no two Sperone have the same bones.

noobiess

6 different pokemon
Here is mine:
iaza18580171784800.gif

Grass/ghost
Mossbonu

Much harder then I thought :p
The forming of the head and the 'hidden' arm was really difficult and frustrating :p

charizard009

Captian Obvious...
Entry-1.png

Option 1 used
Name: Siva
Type:Flying/Ghost
Class:Undead Parrot
Entry:It is said to haunt people in their sleep when they dream of pirates.
Evo:evolves at level 26 into Sittacus

Last edited:

allaboutthecute

When I grow up
Option 1:
Lff1E.gif

Bakaluc, the Figment Pokemon.
Pronounced back-uh-loose, from Baku (the mythical creature that Drowzee is based on) and hallucination or lucid (lucid dream).
It evolves from Drowzee (not Hypno, it's a split evolution.)
Rather than eating dreams like Drowzee, it enters (and sometimes messes with) them. Some have reporting seeing and interacting with a Bakaluc when no one else there can see it.

dilophoraptor

Sperust(SPERit-dUST)
Ghost/Ground

1entry.png

(1st template)
A small pokemon that will hide itself in dust clouds,its ground typeing comes from that habit

umbreot

God of Fusions
Closed, judging in progress.

umbreot

God of Fusions
secondbatch.png

Congrats to Northern Lights on winning that contest. Waiting on him/her to give me an outline for the next contest. As soon as I get that, we can start the next week's.

SPECIFIC COMMENTS (I only make comments on things that I feel should be commented on)

- Ectosite: The concept is unique, the shading is superb, the color choice works. I like this sprite and pokemon very much, a well deserved win.

- Spudill: A very close runner up. I like this sprite in that it is very realistic; I could see this being incorporated into a pokemon game. Cool concept as well.

- Siva: I'm not sure why you'e used the name of the Hindu god of destruction on an undead "parrot". This sprite looks much better when zoomed in, but otherwise, it looks terrible; the eye doesn't even look like an eye. I think you have good spriting skills, just made a faulty sprite.

- Spiwi: Again, as with Siva, the sprite is somewhat skillfully made, but it falls short because it doesn't look good, at all. What is up with it's eye? Or is that a mouth? I think you have great potential to grow, however.

- Sperust: Very unoriginal, poor shading, lack of originality.

- Mossbonu: A very cool looking pokemon; I would love it if it were real. This could have easily won first place, but I felt that Ectosite deserved it more due to it's superior sprite quality.

- Minoumpet: I like the concept and the sprite is skillfully made, but it still looks bad, primarily due to the trumpet mouth. I hope you enter in future contests due to your skill, but you need to utilize your outlines in a better fashion. Also, the pokedex entry is a little idiotic; unless it's legendary, its unlikely that every single Minoumpet in the world has had it's mouth broken and replaced with a trumpet.

- Kelpent: Where's the other two legs?

- Oinkalump: The nose just looks terrible on this... At least I can say it's original; A flying three legged pig that can't fly.

- Shedk: Very cool sprite, but bad shading and choice of colors. Could have scored higher if those things had been fixed.

Last edited:

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Ouch, last place for that sillouette? I'm out of practise...

I guess the only thing I can do is ask how I could improve, if you really thought it was that bad.

Also, when judging, how much emphasis do you put on design and dex entry things? I don't tend to care much if its not a fakemon for my region and go with something silly, and put the effort into the sprite itself, but if that's likely to hurt my score in the contest, then I suppose I should take it more seriously?

Last edited:

umbreot

God of Fusions
Sorry dear, but the Hindu God of destruction would be Shiva, not siva... but anywho good job to Northern Lights:)

*facepalm* ....I come from a Hindu family. The spelling varies.

Ouch, last place for that sillouette? I'm out of practise...

I guess the only thing I can do is ask how I could improve, if you really thought it was that bad.
Also, when judging, how much emphasis do you put on design and dex entry things? I don't tend to care much if its not a fakemon for my region and go with something silly, and put the effort into the sprite itself, but if that's likely to hurt my score in the contest, then I suppose I should take it more seriously?

The shading itself on the sprite is fine, the quality of the sprite is mediocre. There are no blantant shading errors like in Sperust. The main issue is the design of the pokemon itself; it makes very little sense and doesn't look like something that would ever be likely to be turned into a pokemon.

My suggestion is that you spend a little bit more time on ensuring that the pokemon actually looks like a pokemon, and nothing looks out of place or unnecessarily bizzare.

I don't put too much emphasis on dex entries, but if it doesn't make sense or it's idiotic, it may hurt your score. The point of the contest is to make pokemon that could actually be pokemon, so humour doesn't go well here.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Although I don't know what you mean by "where are the other two legs" (It's a two legged Pokemon), you still did a good job judging and I think those that won were fair. Can't wait to try the next!

umbreot

God of Fusions
Alright boys, this week's contest is up

Although I don't know what you mean by "where are the other two legs" (It's a two legged Pokemon), you still did a good job judging and I think those that won were fair. Can't wait to try the next!

I meant limbs. Is it just a two limbed pokemon? The sprite doesn't show it's arms if it has any.

Last edited:

Medical Meccanica

give me the booty
boosak.gif

Option 2

BOOSAK, the burlap Pokemon

Ghost type

BOOSAK haunt burlap bags from the days of old. They take on the bag's shape but it loses its texture, giving it the feel of ectoplasm.

Legs might have been edited more than allowed, if you want me to change them back I will.

BLABO

♧ yoo ♧
duckthing.png

option 1
Apocoquack, the plague pokemon
psychic/poison
Apocoquack have many mental illnesess which seem to have no cure. The illness is passed along to any creature or thing it may bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.