• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

WHOVIANS ONLY ~ Random DW Discussion Board

The Keyblade Alchemist

Don't even blink!
Rules
1. No bashing, smashing, or smacking.
2. All SPPF rules.
3. No spamming.
4. Don't hate on people because nobody replies to you.
Of course, I'm no mod, but yeah.

So, this is just to talk about DW. To start off this conversion:
So what do you think the new companion will be like. Not sure (yet) if it's a he or a she, but he/she will be introduced in the Christmas Special. I think she'll be more of a Amy than a Rose, though, but not much like Donna. If its a he, I honestly don't know, because the only companion who was a boy that I ever watched was Rory.

Origami_Zekrom

Where I shouldn't be
Hmmmm.... Either
1. Clara is Oswin's ancestor
b. Clara gets left behind/leaves in the future, taking on the name Oswin Oswald.
iii. Timeline gets screwed, causing either Clara or Oswin to cease to exist
4. Something Something 50th
5. They just look alike for no reason at all, because that's how Moffat rolls

On a similar note, wouldn't it be awesome of the Doctor somehow falls into another, probably our, universe and gets a companion who, after being dropped back in their own universe, becomes an actor who plays one of the Doctors on TV? And there would be 1/2/3 episodes of the Doctor wandering around our Earth wondering why so many people know him or why this person looks, and possibly acts, just like him or even getting trampled by several hundred fans *coughandDavidTennantstalkinghimreligiouslyandhilariouslyandknowingeverythingabouthimwouldbegreattoocough*. And episodes would be filmed candidly, with the current Doctor and the actor who plays the companion just going out somewhere in real life instead of a studio.

Just a rambling.

:644:

indigohex

I'm very curious how Clara relates to Oswin Osgood: any theories?

This reminds me of the episode "Journey's End" when the Doctor asks Gwen Cooper about her family history (Eve Myles played Gwyneth in "The Unquiet Dead" and Gwen Cooper in Torchwood) with the intuition that Gwyneth and Gwen were related. Maybe the Doctor may notice the similarities between Oswin and Clara just like the Doctor did with Gwen Cooper and Gwyneth in Journey's End.

Last edited:

Thomas Elliot

I AM HUSH
So they are actually making her related to Oswin? I thought that was just a quirky thing they did now like with Freema Agyeman playing Adeola Rise of the Cybermen/Age of Steel and Karen Gillan playing a soothsayer in the Fires of Pompeii.

gamer_legend

That was an inspired choice. It looks like Clara is going to be alot more free flowing then Oswin if that makes any sense at all.

indigohex

Well we are now in 2013 and 2013 will mark 50 years of Doctor Who. Anyone ready to predict what will happen this year? My tip is that there will be a special featuring Matt Smith and several former doctors making an appearance in the 50th Anniversary special. There are about 8 former doctors still alive, but I doubt all of them will appear though.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
So far I think it's pretty secure ten and nine will be returning, and I think four is set to come back. I can't see Sylvestor McCoy being against returning, I think he loved it too much. And I would love to see Paul McGann make the eighth doctor a real inclusion in the series.

Chris-kun

i still believe
I'm disappointed they're making us wait till April for the rest of the series though. The first five episodes were pretty crap, imo, but the Christmas special had that flare that it was missing and I'm super stoked for Clara

Armando Payne

I still believe Clara should be the Kenny McKormick (sp) of Doctor Who. Just have her get killed off at the end of every epi just to respawn in the next one.