• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

why are the female Salandit pokemon evolve?

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Probably some sort of natural selection. Similarly but it's not the only unique instance.

Nidoqueen can't breed (only the female Nidoran, Nidorina and the whole male Nidoran line)
Only Female Combee can become Vespiqueen
Only male Burmy can become Mothim
Only Female Snorunt that can become Froslass with a shiny stone (Male usually only evolve into Glalie)

Luthor

There any reason as to why only the female Salandit pokey evolve and not the males?

Well according to the Pokedex for Salandit
Violet dex: Only female Salandit can produce gas laden with pheromones. Males entranced by this gas will do whatever the females tell them.
Ultra-sun dex : The males will do whatever the females tell them. They give the females most of their food. Due to malnutrition, the males can't evolve.

and for Salazzle
Sun Dex: For some reason, only females have been found. It creates a reverse harem of male Salandit that it lives with.
Sword Dex: Only female Salazzle exist. They emit a gas laden with pheromones to captivate male Salandit.
Shield Dex: The winner of competitions between Salazzle is decided by which one has the most male Salandit with it.
Violet Dex: When two Salazzle meet, they will use their pheromone gas to fight over the males in each other's group.

So basically a combination of Female Salazzle and Salandit's pheromones and Malnutrition (due to giving away their food) if the Pokedex is to be believed. At some point I hope they retcon it slightly and give it a male evolution but for now it seems to be their natural adaptation.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
So what you're saying is that male Salandit can't evolve because they're simps

TwilightBlade

Something involving real life biology I guess? I know there's some species of reptiles and other animals where the female is bigger than the male so I guess that's part of it. I remember not knowing that only the female Salandit can evolve when I played Sun and being really annoyed when I trained a male Salandit for days that wouldn't evolve. :[

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Probably some sort of natural selection. Similarly but it's not the only unique instance.

Nidoqueen can't breed (only the female Nidoran, Nidorina and the whole male Nidoran line)
Only Female Combee can become Vespiqueen
Only male Burmy can become Mothim
Only Female Snorunt that can become Froslass with a shiny stone (Male usually only evolve into Glalie)
Nidorina can’t breed.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Nidorina can’t breed.
Im getting very rusty with this. Its odd that a entire male line of Nidoran Nidorino and Nidoking can produce females by being with ditto to possibly re-awaken female breeding genes that Nidorina and Nidoqueen lose?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Only female Salandit can produce gas laden with pheromones. Males entranced by this gas will do whatever the females tell them.
Probably because the female meet a certain condition a male Salandit cannot.

It's like how male Combee cannot evolve likely because they're meant to be worker bees while females become the queen of the hive, like real bees in the real world.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Im getting very rusty with this. Its odd that a entire male line of Nidoran Nidorino and Nidoking can produce females by being with ditto to possibly re-awaken female breeding genes that Nidorina and Nidoqueen lose?
It feels like some sort of anomaly when they introduced gender but also had a proto-example of gender with that line. And for some reason when they got new hardware in Gen 3 they never got around to fixing it.