• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why are they purposely ignoring Misty, May, Max and Cilan?

bmw9413

Like they showed nearly EVERY character to represent each season except for those 4....why??

And before you start, Yes, we all know about May's voice actor but they could have easily just recasted her. How they gonna show Drew, Harley and Professor Birch and all the BW characters but not even the main characters of their respective seasons?

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
because the creators don’t want me to see Ciley again

;-;

They hate Max
Baffled that Cilan and especially Misty haven’t shown up

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
No May because seiyuu is sick
No Max because no May
No Cilan because Mamoru Miyano's probably too expensive
No Misty because.. I dunno.

Having said that I suppose they might all appear for the final.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I don't think they're purposely ignoring these characters. There is probably more to the story than we will ever know, and like others have said, I think they will get silent cameos during the finals.

And before you start, Yes, we all know about May's voice actor but they could have easily just recasted her.
If you know about her VA situation, than you also know why they probably haven't recast the role for what would amount to a bit part. As I understand it, Japan generally treats VAs differently than the West, and VAs aren't recast unless they have to.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Im 9000 percent sure they all are appearing as stills atleast for the final Ash vs Leon match
But aside from that, they havent really been ignored
Misty just returned in SM and had a perfect return, they probably felt having her again in JN would be redundant and a pointless retread. Brock is different as SM focused on his OS persona while JN focused on his DP persona
May is a VA issue and sorry but no they wont recast her out of respect. She also did appear in a flashback and Chloe wore her contest dress
For Max and Cilan, like Tracey they probably feel they cant really carry an episode with just them/werent that interesting to warrant the high fees, esp in Cilan's case, who was still mentioned in the Radio ep and appeared in flashbacks

Leonhart

Imagineer
No Cilan because Mamoru Miyano's probably too expensive
I'm not so sure that that's the reason considering that they were able to afford Miyano's fee at the end of XY&Z when they brought him back for a special episode, and I can't imagine that he's that much more in-demand or expensive to hire now than he was six years ago.

Mistycallsstaryu

I think the reason why Max hasn't made a comeback is because the writing staff know that most fans don't give a **** about him.

Seriously the only times he gets brought up are in topics like this one otherwise nobody ever mentions him. He's almost as irrelevant as Tracey lol.
Sawyer felt like a 'what if' version of Max.

I think the reason why Max hasn't made a comeback is because the writing staff know that most fans don't give a **** about him.

Seriously the only times he gets brought up are in topics like this one otherwise nobody ever mentions him. He's almost as irrelevant as Tracey lol.
I love Max :(

Bendicion

Water Master
What I can’t understand is how anipoke brought Misty back in SM but refuse to give her a cameo in JN. Not to mention Brocks been in both…Like make it make sense. Also Misty stans DONT wanna see Prof Oak, Delia, Or much less Tracey.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
What I can’t understand is how anipoke brought Misty back in SM but refuse to give her a cameo in JN. Not to mention Brocks been in both…Like make it make sense. Also Misty stans DONT wanna see Prof Oak, Delia, Or much less Tracey.
hey at least misty appeared for three consecutive series, plus her appearances in later sagas for kanto nostalgia purposes

Flashyspark

They're only really ignoring May because of her voice actress being sick. The other characters just haven't shown up likely because the writing staff had other priorities like bringing Iris and Dawn back.

And why are people complaining about Misty not appearing in Journeys specifically when she appeared many times in Sun and Moon just a few years ago? Same with Cilan whose last appearance wasn't that long ago.