• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why are you a shipper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McZaky29

I'm da boss
I'm a shipper because of the Pokemon movie The Rise of Darkrai (yeah, I'm a Pearlshipper. :p).

Zubeon

I think it's unrealistic to deny shipping. People need relationships. Saying that it's impossible or irrelevant takes away from the veneer of reality.

Of course in Pokemon's case a very valid argument can be made that almost all of the characters are too young. But where's the fun in that?

Shooti

Uber Trainer
I guess it's fun like reading fanfictions of your favorite pairings, watching AMVs, debating, creating fan-arts and stuff. Become a pokeshipper after watching episode called "Misty meets her match", no more a pokeshipper though.

Usehydropump

Beginner Breeder
I am a shipper because when I see two characters together or when I like two characters and realize they are slightly compatible, then I become emotionally attached to them somehow. When I read a fanfic or see a fanart, my heart sort of leaps or I get giddy. This is like x10 when I see my OTP though. Its something I've really always done. When I was as young as 6 years old, I really liked two characters from an anime together. I really liked their chemistry so I would always search for images of them on the internet. Then I didn't know it was called shipping. That's why I ship really. When I enter a new fandom, I always found a pairing I really like.

humilau

Mister Fisher!
I am a shipper because when I see two characters together or when I like two characters and realize they are slightly compatible, then I become emotionally attached to them somehow. When I read a fanfic or see a fanart, my heart sort of leaps or I get giddy. This is like x10 when I see my OTP though. Its something I've really always done. When I was as young as 6 years old, I really liked two characters from an anime together. I really liked their chemistry so I would always search for images of them on the internet. Then I didn't know it was called shipping. That's why I ship really. When I enter a new fandom, I always found a pairing I really like.

That's exactly how I feel. It's like playing matchmaker in your head. Also, I like pairing really weird match ups together to see how the story turns out. Lots of characters have already quite developed back stories and it feels good to play god. And of course, I like dirty stuff.

ChloboShoka

Writer
I think shipping is something that just comes natural. It's natural for when you are watching something you may hope that certain people get together.

I think shipping is something that just comes natural. It's natural for when you are watching something you may hope that certain people get together.

I agree. When I started watching Pokemon in 1999, I quickly picked up the PokeShipping hints and basically became a PokeShipper, without even knowing what shipping meant back then.

jais

LeagueShip4Life
I think I know why I am a Shipper. It happened to me when I saw Ash and Richie at the Pokemon League, it was like something clicked in me. I think it is because I am deeply in tune with my emotions, i've been in love and know how it feels, so I can see the feelings of love between two characters on screen! And it's like i'm able to relive those feelings of love I crave so badly.

I am honestly really obsessed with my Ship.. It's getting kinda sad honestly..

Like most days it is actually all I can think about. I think about it at school for the entire day, what my next fanfic story will be, what's gonna happen in the next chapter..! Man it's becoming intensely bad ! I spend hours just looking up Ship photo's.

Is anyone else in this boat with me, and feeling as strangely obsessed as I am?! It kinda worries me sometimes.. I really shouldn't be this obsessed over a anime pairing.. :/

Aura Guardian Ash

Aura Guardian
Im a shipper because I always loved romance in any show or anime that I have ever watched. It is just something I enjoy, especially when it concerns with fanfiction and such.

humilau

Mister Fisher!
I think I know why I am a Shipper. It happened to me when I saw Ash and Richie at the Pokemon League, it was like something clicked in me. I think it is because I am deeply in tune with my emotions, i've been in love and know how it feels, so I can see the feelings of love between two characters on screen! And it's like i'm able to relive those feelings of love I crave so badly.

I am honestly really obsessed with my Ship.. It's getting kinda sad honestly..

Like most days it is actually all I can think about. I think about it at school for the entire day, what my next fanfic story will be, what's gonna happen in the next chapter..! Man it's becoming intensely bad ! I spend hours just looking up Ship photo's.

Is anyone else in this boat with me, and feeling as strangely obsessed as I am?! It kinda worries me sometimes.. I really shouldn't be this obsessed over a anime pairing.. :/

Dude, you got nothing to worry about. The fact that you're worrying about it shows enough. One day it'll just die down. I've been following some ships for several years now, sometimes I get just like you, thinking bout it for hours on end, other times I'll be just too occupied with life. And oh, I remember my Ash/Richie days. Man oh man...

jais

LeagueShip4Life
Dude, you got nothing to worry about. The fact that you're worrying about it shows enough. One day it'll just die down. I've been following some ships for several years now, sometimes I get just like you, thinking bout it for hours on end, other times I'll be just too occupied with life. And oh, I remember my Ash/Richie days. Man oh man...

Oh okay, thanks man. Yeah! It's so intense hey! Oh you were a LeagueShipper? Aren't anymore??

Radiohalo

I just look at something every once in a while and say, hey, that looks cute or funny or nice. I don't try to look for reasons they're DESTUHNED 2 BEE! There are just some things I like the idea of. The funny thing is, I usually get annoyed at any relationships in my shows/games/stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.