• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why are you personally still playing/using D/P/Pt?

ScytheSwipe

Its whats for dinner
I discovered that the random camera panning in BW makes me rather sick and annoyed lol

It's all good though because Platinum was so well done that I can just keep playing it with no real criticism about it. A fun game that I can play and not go cross eyed hooray!

PokemonOwn

Well, for Chaning Shines, PokeTransferring, Spiritomb, Unown, Underground Items...

For some reason, I liked them a little better than HG/SS. Diamond and Pearl aren't as good as Platium, though. :p

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl are great.Story's great and I think that DPPt were the start of better Pokemon games.These games are great.

SilverSoulLugia

Still playing Pearl because I neglected it for sometime. Still not even gotten the 8th badge. :p

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I'm going to play Platinum again soon. Even with Black and White I still prefer Platinum over it. I guess I was just a huge generation 4 fan because I could seriously play Pokemon Platinum without ever getting bored of it. I can't do this with any other generation of Pokemon.

xEthereal

Birds of Prey > You
I'm going to play it after I've finished Johto in Heart Gold. I can't recall, it's been a few years now, but I remember Platinum being quite a challenge. Am I right? I'd like to get into a good few battles. (As hard as in-game can be, anyway)

sonic507

Come at me Flower!
i use my diamond for breeding awsome moves onto my pokemon like cross poison gligar, hydro pump mantyke, bullet punch crogunk, blaze kick riolu, aincent power wooper, metal claw gible and stuff like that.

yanmega12

Epic Ninja QK
lol its the only pokemon game i have!

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Platinum is my favorite pokemon game so it's pretty easy to see why.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
I'm still playing Diamond and Platinum due to the fact that I'm missing a few Sinnoh pokémon on White (Snorunt, Ralts, etc).
Plus, I haven't had a rematch with the elite four on Platinum yet.

Cals666

Novice Breeder
Well I've given up on Pearl, it's been drained of useful pokemon. I still use Diamond though, solely as a transition game between my Japanese Platinum and Black admittedly.

I still enjoy playing Platinum, I'm determined to get all of the items for the Resort House before I give up on it. That and it has a fun Elite Four to battle repeatedly as well as the Trainer cafe (which I use for levelling all of the 1st to 4th Gen pokemon I want to use in Metagames). And of course the Battle Fronteir is always fun for laughs and for getting TM's to teach to pokemon before transfering them to Black. On top of that the move tutors are useful for teaching exclusive moves that are otherwise unavailable to certain pokemon.

So I guess that is why I still play the games.

toawest1

Pokemon Trainer
i have black,white,soulsilver,heeartgold,and platinum and yes i am still playing platinum only bc of chaining,got 2 shiny pokemon in two days

shinymamoswine

I think I still play my diamond cuz I hav over 1000 hours on it and I hav a stockpile of items but mainly becuz hrs cloning is my only way of cloning.

The only reason my copy of Diamond isn't collecting dust is because I need it to chain shinies. And that's not going so well, so I can't imagine I'll be playing it for very long.