• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why are you personally still playing/using D/P/Pt?

Cablez

swaggot
Because I've gotten so far in Platinum, I have 400+ Pokémon caught in it and about 123 hours played. I'm waiting until I get to the Pokétransfer in White so I can transform my epic Poké's (Infernape lvl.100, Manaphy lvl.83, Golem (shiny) lvl. 64, Shiny Golbat (lvl. 58 [anyone know how to get Crobat? I randomly got one on Diamond :/] and moar :3).

megamudkip

mudkip rulez!
because i got all pokémon and i will pokéshift them to black

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
I lost my copies of Pearl, Diamond and Soulsilver, but I still have Platinum, which is good for training because of Pokeradar, so I use that to retrain the beloved team members I lost.

Plight of Leon

okay well i have a custom avvy now
Staff member
Just to complete like I'm trying to complete every other game I have, which is a lot of games.

Meowth City

Staff member
I still have to finish my goal to upgrade my trainer card (at the moment, I have the copper card). I have another copy of the game, which I plan on resetting so I can play it again with a new team once I finish BW.

purplemew12

I still play Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum solely because of Team Galactic. I don't really like the starters or Pokemon or anything else any more than the other regions, but the Galactic Commanders (excluding Charon), and Cyrus are pretty much my favorite Pokemon characters of all time.

scubajoffrey

The Joffrey Master
I'm still playing for TWO reasons

1. To catch pokemon that you CANNOT find in white

2. To transfer pokemon from GBA

Katja

Casual Shiny Hunter
I've got my reasons. Long story short, my first time playing through Gen IV was done on a bootleg Platinum cart that totally wipes your save once you beat the Elite Four. So yeah, I never got to experience any of the post-game stuff DPPt had to offer. (And no, I didn't know it was a bootleg when I bought it orz)

So recently I bought a legit Pearl cart, tore through the game with an Infernape and got to the post-game stuff as fast as I could. Right now I'm training up a shiny Smeargle to catch 'em all with. Fun stuff. ・∀・

pokemon player

Sylveon, tho.
I still play it because I love the older games too.
I also still play Yellow, Emerald, Firered and Silver.

JohnNiles

I'd neglected to catch some of the legendary pokemon until recently. I'm thinking of trying to catch shiny versions of the event Regis. I also recently learned how to chain- I'm finding it much more rewarding than breeding.

Miss_Pocket_Monster

I'm replaying to get all the Pokemon I can't get in BW to transfer over, plus it's a lot of fun to play through. I want to build a good team here so that I can send them over to my Black game that I'm about to replay through. :494:

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Yeah I still play it, the reason is I want to transfer the pokemon to White and also complete my pokedex on Platinum...

RiotFire

Diamond is pretty much used for pokemon storage and uploading to Battle Revolution.

Platinum, I've repeatedly restarted it but struggle with it... I find it (and sinnoh in general) pretty boring. Currently Nuzlocking it with the hopes of livening it up a bit... but exploding geodudes have ruined any chance of that! >_<

Geekachu

I went on today to catch Regigigas for the first time. Took 66 Ultra Balls and 4 Dusk Balls before I eventually caught it, when it was red health and paralysed. So much effort, I don't even like the Pokemon.

Breeder Drew

I'm still playing Platinum and Diamond because of the Battle Frontier. I also enjoy making different team combinations in game.

Cruisin'

Just started playing platinum. For the fun of it, since It's my first time playing it all the way through, and to fill my HG pokedex once i get another ds to transfer all my platinum pokemon to HeartGold.