• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why are you still watching Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silent_control

I am still watching Pokemon after all these seasons, because I hope that I will get to see the old Pokemon in future episodes: Charizard, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Snorlax, Pidgeot, Quilava, Bayleef, Gible, Glalie etc. I really miss them; I wish Ash tried to mix Pokemon from different generations to forge a main team. And I'm also watching because I hope to see Ash winning a league.

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

Good question.

It's quite difficult to explain, I stopped watching once DP started in 2006 (I had only just started Secondary School as a Year 7), mainly because I was disinterested and at the same time felt I needed to grow up.

I always checked this site every so often just to keep updated on the show though, however during late 2010, I realised that I can't deny something that i like or enjoy, so i watched all of DP and caught up with the show, i realise that i am still a Pokemon fan at heart (nobody knows though) and i basically just want to see one of my favourite child hood shows have a good ending.

Basically, I lack the ability to grow up from this show, don't know why i just find it such a good franchise.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Because Pokemon is part of my life. I had never watched any saga totally because I could never wake up early (here in Portugal they would show it at like 7am) and I only had some of the episodes of the first two seasons. I watched the ending of Johto, a bit of Hoenn and BF and I have some weeks ago finished watching DP in the television. I watch BW online, and I started watching everything from the beginning last year, and I am now at the episode where Larvitar hatches. I watch because I wanna know how Ash finished everything, and because I like watching :p

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
At this point it's mostly the curiosity as to how or if the show actually ends.

Most of my favorite characters and Pokemon are gone now so it's mostly for the few new things I enjoyed.

UnbelievableUrsula

Cute and Creepy!
Because it's addicting. I love the Pokemon and I like the animation. Nothing else is on better on a Saturaday, so why not.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I admit part of the reason is nostalgia. But, it's also because I like Ash and Pikachu (even though I see the point of people who doesn't like them) and I want to see new adventures with them. Another reason - and it's the thing that make me keep sticking with the franchise as a whole - is that I can still have fun with it. As long as It manages to be enjoyable to me, I'll keep watching.

There was a time where I stopped watching regularly. It was after the end of third season (the beggining of Johto). I started getting my interest back by the time I read in magazine about the changes made in AG. I watched the entire Master Quest season waiting AG to start (and only get to see ONE episode. Long story). Later, I watched some stuff from DP and returned when this saga reached its 4th season (after Ambipom leaves). Since then, I'm watching and I have seen all of BW so far.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Lol to bask in Dento's voice? Jk

I've been watching the series since I was little. Something about it fascinated me...I don't know what but so far I've found something like able about the darn ipod died Dx the series. It may not be heavily plot driven but it is still cute none-the-less.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
Because it's charming and entertaining in a simple and enjoyable way. And I've been watching since I was a kid, so why the heck not.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
I watch because I'm a completionist and I need to see every episode until the end no matter how bad it gets. I guess nostalgia might be part of it too.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
What a wonderful question. Rather like Haunter and a few other posters, I did stop watching at one point, right around my senior year into college. I refused to watch the dub once the voice actors changed, and I continued watching the Japanese raw for a while until I learned Brock would be leaving the show. He is absolutely, unequivocally my favorite character and it broke my heart to see him go, so I stopped.

But then I realized, because I was still playing the games, I was lying to myself if I said some part of me wasn't curious how BW was turning out. So I began watching again. And really, it just goes to a base love for Pokemon, to me. The ways to access the Pokemon world are many, and why not allow myself to experience it fully? I now am re-watching the entire series, because I really lost it during D/P and don't really know much of anything from that saga. But I continue to watch, and probably will until it ends, or I die.

Let's hope it's the first one.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
What a wonderful question. Rather like Haunter and a few other posters, I did stop watching at one point, right around my senior year into college. I refused to watch the dub once the voice actors changed, and I continued watching the Japanese raw for a while until I learned Brock would be leaving the show. He is absolutely, unequivocally my favorite character and it broke my heart to see him go, so I stopped.

But then I realized, because I was still playing the games, I was lying to myself if I said some part of me wasn't curious how BW was turning out. So I began watching again. And really, it just goes to a base love for Pokemon, to me. The ways to access the Pokemon world are many, and why not allow myself to experience it fully? I now am re-watching the entire series, because I really lost it during D/P and don't really know much of anything from that saga. But I continue to watch, and probably will until it ends, or I die.

Let's hope it's the first one.

What do you think of Cilan since you saw some BW eps? And I remember your old posts from 2006, quite a lot has changed since the en of AG hasn't it?

FinalSynFrey

Personally, I stopped watching Pokemon when Black and White premiered. Diamond and Pearl is when I started to get bored of the series. The only Episodes I liked was when May made her Cameo for the Wallace cup, but other than that, D/P and BW didn't interest me as much as the Original up to Battle Frontier.

However, I may decide to give Black and White a chance for me to watch, but despite the fact I'm looking into other Animes, I might not have the time to catch up. Maybe If older characters make their cameo, then I'll watch that particular episode instead. But to be honest, the story is the same thing over and over.

Ash goes out for Adventure > New Region > Gym Battles > Collect 8 > Enter Pokemon League > LOSE (or win) > Goes back to Pallet and prepares for new Adventure > and the cycle repeats.

Either end the series with a good one or add NEW things to keep the series alive without having to constantly switch characters around.

I'm not hating this franchise. I've been a big Pokemon fan since the Original and I'm just stating my opinion on the entire series.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
What do you think of Cilan since you saw some BW eps? And I remember your old posts from 2006, quite a lot has changed since the en of AG hasn't it?

I'm so honored you remember me, Cybercubed! You were like a celebrity to me back in the day on these forums :D I agree that much has changed, and while I still haven't seen much of D/P and can't speak to that, BW is really impressing me, honestly. I have no grudge against Cilan, he didn't replace Brock to me, he's just another character, and I find him quite enjoyable - a fresh way to balance humor and maturity in the group dynamic. I really like how the writers have learned how to truly make the group feel like three individuals, not just Ash + Co, or Ash + Dawn + third person. While I still think AG trumps in terms of Pokemon personality, I think that's because Ash had a much smaller party.

Pokemon's still Pokemon. And that's all I cares about.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Because this time around, it's actually good!

I've always followed, looking at the screencaps from Serebii, and then checking the character bios. But I dropped off in Gen 3 cos it got repetitive and boring. Granted, they're probably better than I give them credit for, but seriously, Gen 3 was a trainwreck. Gen IV was a bit better, but I wasn't interested.

Then Gen V came in. I was appalled at some of the changes, both to the game and to the anime. But I learned to love Gen V shortly before it's release (B/W. It's now my favorite gen.) This didn't sway me to actually watch the anime though. What got me was, after looking at the screen caps, the Pokemon, and kind of finding out what's going on, I noticed it was really starting to get interesting. So I looked up and streamed it online (I did this with every gen) and this time around, I wasn't in a hurry to finish. To be honest, I was upset that America had just finished the Lenora segment, since Japan had a lot of cool stuff going on.

I live in Japan, but I'm American (long story) and I live in the American part of Japan (long story). But I grew up watching the original, raw episodes in Japanese, so I decided that it really was worth it. The episodes are so good, hardly making use of fillers. And even the fillers are pretty interesting. And the tournaments; those are the best. I think it's awesome that they're doing that.

So tl:dr, I started watching again (cos I did give up) because they really made a turn for the better this gen. They took all the things that made Gen 1 good, and took it on a different spin, as opposed to previous generations where they just added more of the same thing. It's new, it's fresh, it's actually interesting now.

Nauran

Now that is a good question!

And my answer is simple.

I want to see the end.

[IMGSIZE=900]http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz337/Nauran/8e19cc50872543fc2f78a31ac640fe14.jpg[/imgsize]​

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
When I saw you had posted in here, part of me, definetly a small part of me thought this might be a touching and sensible post.

:p

Well actually, that's my only reason for still watching. Call me what you like, but if Ash still had those black slits I wouldn't bother at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.