• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why are you still watching Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathaner

Banned
Pokemon is really a full entertaining character for me that not only helps me to have complete enjoyment but makes me fresh and energetic after lowering my stress level. I love watching its videos and playing its latest games as well.

Cutty

Forever now
For me it's b/c I know the characters really well. And I'm curious about their story in the new region, especially b/c I play the games, I want to know how the new game characters portrayed in the anime.
I don't watch pokemon that regular though.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
For me, it's also a link to the past.

I agree to this, it's something that every part of the franchise does to me.. Whenever I see a new set of tradingcards attached to a magazine in the supermarket magazine rack, I always find myself obligated to buy the darn magazine, just to see how the tcg is at nowadays, since I collected the original set when it came out.. -.-

Same with the animé, when Ash caught Sewaddle, I for one, had a huge Caterpie flashback, started replaying LeafGreen (I will never touch my Red and Silver ever again due to fear of corruption since I 100% completed them), admittantly now as a Nuzlocke Challenge, but still! Something so small, can have a pretty darn large impact on me. So yeah, naturally when I check this site I have a full fledged relapse.. -.-

Cloud_Arcanine

Scarlett starlett
I only watch if dawn or may isn't on which now is a lot I do like how in Japan iris finally had a dragonite but I wish America wasn't so slow with developing pokemon anything heck in America they are super slow with the pokemon movies/anime/game translations and you development

To be fair now they've gotten a lot quicker. If you look at for example when the episode Hoenn Alone was aired, there was an eleven month gap between airings in Japan and America, and even more so for us folk in the UK. Now the anime in Japan is 16 episodes ahead and the BW2 games are just a few months between releases.

Jake76

I still watch Pokemon because it resonates with me. Who wouldn't want to go out and start their own adventure with a Pikachu on their shoulder? People may say "You're too old for Pokemon" but I find that semi-idiotic as deep-down, everyone knows that having actual Pokemon would be literally the coolest freaking thing that ever happened.

halloweenghost

Because, to me, after all these years,. it's still a great show.. and i've been with ash for all these years.. I'm not gonna give up on him now.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Actually, you know, that's a good question. Why am I still watching Pokemon?

blackterminator3

I watch to be a proud Pokemon Fan, also watch it cause I enjoy it. Half of the time, I keep asking myself after the season is done. What is the next shipping or what is the next region to be discovered and what new Pokemon that will be unfolded. Season 1-Advance are still my most favorite seasons.

Estellise

peachy
It's like reviving my childhood and it's and interesting anime mainly because of all the overanalyzes it suffers.

^This. I don't watch the Unova anime, though. It's not that I don't like the Pokemon, it's just.................................the writing is bad.......

Fabulous Ampharos

Pokemon Breeder :3
I watch it mainly because I enjoy it...it's actually gotten a bit better in my eyes .

RickHoenn

Banned
Nostalgia, memories, childhood revival and other stuff, I'm still interested in Pokemon because it entertains me. ^_^ my college room-mate is a huge fan of Pokemon games (not so much of the anime, only the OS xD) and we talk about it lol however many of my school friends left the anime after the OS or AG ended, I think I'm the only one that keeps watching after so many years.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
I continue to watch Pokemon because it is one of the very first animes I grew up with (same with the games, although I didn't get into the games until Gen II). It also brings back a nostalgic feel whenever I watch older seasons and movies of Pokemon. I also like to let my imagination run wild as I watch, wondering what will happen next, where the journey will take us, etc. xP You're never too old to remain as a Pokemon fan at heart. It truly is a link to the past for me, too. :]

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Yep! Despite all the Liberal Propagana and teachings and of course the dumbing down (we don't want to offend anyone) I still watch it for the battles.

Nyarth

That's right!
I still watch Pokemon because I love it. I've been watching it since season 1 and I'll never stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.