• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why are you still watching Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Original series Pokemon episodes are and will always be classics.

I agree. Some of the greatest episodes of ANY tv show I watched came from Pokemon especially some of the earlier episodes. Why do I watch Pokemon? Because it's so entertaining and I truly truly believe that it is one of the greatest shows ever made. Not many shows can last for 15 seasons and still be good at the same time.

Adam.

I am STILL watching the Pokemon anime, because I personally feel that the battles have become more intense and intricate. Even the minor battles, like Scraggy vs. Axew (Dragon Sneeze, much?) And because I love seeing my favorite Pokemon in action. Watching the plot slowly unfold is interesting, also.

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
Because it was my childhood, and I wanna see how it ends.

atypicalorca

Bird Keeper
I stopped watching the anime for a little while, just because I couldn't keep track of when it was on TV somewhere around the middle of Hoenn. But, I sometimes see it on Saturday mornings, and I enjoy watching the episodes that I catch, even though I'm kind of in the middle and not really sure about what's going on. It's very nostalgic for me. Watching Pokémon battle in the anime really lights a fire in my heart in a way only battling in the games can.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

Its all because I love Pokemon as a whole, whether it be the games, manga or the anime. Only that it's getting quite childish.

I still watch it because:

-I like the battles that do not involve Rokketto-Dan. Some are lackluster but some excite me more than any other anime ever did.
-It's the only anime I have patience to watch that isn't bombarded by fanservice for yaoi/yuri/ecchi lovers since it's aimed for children.
-It makes the world of the series interesting. I like the game but the world, towns, environments, etc, are pretty boring.
-Since Satoshi has been doing slightly better in the leagues I'm still hoping he will keep improving on them. (I actually like how he makes mistakes we wouldn't.)
-I like seeing Satoshi and the other characters getting closer to the their goals, wether or not they actually achieve them.
-Up to where I'm watching it feels like the writers are getting better. I'm expecting it to to continue that way.
-Some episodes are hilarious, and they don't resort to blood, swear-words, nonsensical nerdy humor to be funny.
-It gives me a better impression on pokémon I would be disliking. (I used to think achamo was awful. Watching the anime made me like him.)
-I'm watching in japanese, with no subtitles. So it helps me improve too.

Those are the reasons I can think of.

Champion Jared 14

Unfortunately, I've been unable to watch it on a consistent basis...But if I do catch it, I will watch it...y'know, just to see what's going on.

CliveKoopa

I agree. Some of the greatest episodes of ANY tv show I watched came from Pokemon especially some of the earlier episodes. Why do I watch Pokemon? Because it's so entertaining and I truly truly believe that it is one of the greatest shows ever made. Not many shows can last for 15 seasons and still be good at the same time.

This is why I like the anime too. I like the stories and the whole pokemon world in general shown in the anime far better than the games. When I first discovered the anime, I immediately fell in love with it and found it to be probably the best show I've ever seen and still is. I found it to be one of the few cartoons what adults could enjoy too. At the time, I called it a cartoon as I never heard of the term anime until I discovered the downloads.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
This is why I like the anime too. I like the stories and the whole pokemon world in general shown in the anime far better than the games. When I first discovered the anime, I immediately fell in love with it and found it to be probably the best show I've ever seen and still is. I found it to be one of the few cartoons what adults could enjoy too. At the time, I called it a cartoon as I never heard of the term anime until I discovered the downloads.

Same here. And I've always enjoyed the anime aspects more than the games (battles that are actually fun to watch). And yeah, I didn't know Pokemon was an anime when I was little, either. :p

The show is still interesting and fun to watch. When the Battle Frontier season started, I stopped watching until sometime in D/P Battle Dimension. Ash's voice actress got a little better at doing his voice from that time on.

DMerle

Guess who's back
I can't ever see me stop watching it, unless it ends ofc. It's just something i've been consistently doing, i started as a kid then watched it a lot with my little brother and it's gotten into a habit now. I've seen pretty much 95% of all the episodes.

Ombra

It formed my liking for the whole Pokemon franchise so it sort of has a sentimental value to me, I guess. And because it's awesome, of course.

MetalVictini

Winning!
I stopped watching it about halfway through Johto (the filler...), and haven't seen any of the Hoenn stuff aside from a couple of movies. However, I recently started watching BW as it's been put on the official site's viewer, and I'm liking it so far. I've also been watching some of the DP stuff, which isn't bad either. So I watch it because I like it.

Izanagi

'Sup!
I am not really watching on a regular basis simply because I grow out it. I mean I can still watch the older episodes out of sense of nostalgia and enjoyment but I just can't get into the new episodes no matter what I do. I still check on the website to see what happens every now and then but I have simply move away for the show. It no longer appeals to me as it did seven or eight or so years ago. The last time I was really into the show was the Advanced Generation series.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
This is a deceptively good topic. And honestly, I'm not sure if I have a definitive reason. Probably because I can't always watch it.

I guess the closest would be because the show reminds me of alot of 80's cartoons I used to watch. It carries alot of the same general conventions, including morals, episodic battles, and recurring bad guys that are just antagonistic enough without being totally creepy or sadistic. Plus, it's so freaking easy to make fun of, and still enjoy. If I can like a show enough to make fun of it and still like it afterward, then the creators of the show must be doing SOMETHING right.

That's not to say that it's perfect, but it's one of the few cartoons I still watch on TV from time to time.

zeno48

Zaker!
Main reason? I want him to win the league. Will this end his journey? i doubt it but what can they do afterwards? Have him beat a champion or two? so what? does that make him up to par with the best? if so will that do it and make them start fresh or can they keep the momentum going and actually try and change his direction?

Why are you still watching Pokemon?

I honestly have no freaking clue.

I don't watch the anime anymore.. it kinda sucks.
It's the same shizz every season. Ash wins, Ash wins, collects all the gym badges, then up to the Pokemon League he loses. *repeat process* and the type match ups make no sense to take the battling seriously and it's a kids anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.