• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why are you still watching Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well of course, it was during late Johto the writers realized most people didn't enjoy tedious fillers with no plot and no development. That's where the shift in the writing style changed and it would continue into AG and beyond.

The problem is by the time Master Quest started most people were already burned out by the first two Johto seasons that they stopped caring altogether. Most people never watched all of Johto in its original run, that's why some people didn't even find out that Misty was gone until we were in mid-AG, simply because they never made it to the end of Johto as it was happening.

I think when Johto was airing, I was more into Yu-Gi-Oh so I may have missed a few episodes as well. It wasn't really until late Master Quest (Johto League) and AG that I became interested in Pokemon again. And I definitely think they learned how to write a full saga and develop characters better in AG. Bringing in May and Contests was great for the series because it gave us something new and interesting to watch instead of the usual fillers.

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
I still watch it because I enjoy the characters, like the main Ash rival this time around for once (I'm in the minority here, but I think Trip is way better than Paul to be honest ^_^), Iris is my favorite Pokemon girl and Cilan I find a enjoyable character, I like all the rivals, and just overall enjoy most of the episodes plots? Advanced is still my favorite season and DP was fantastic for me as well, but BW's just a overall enjoyable season for me. :3

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I think the fact that the Johto movies bombed in the U.S. box office says a lot in itself. The 3rd movie did pretty poorly in theaters and that was in EARLY Johto no less, showing how much the fad had died.

By the time the 4th and 5th came out they got limited runs in select theaters because the WB didn't think they would sell enough for a nationwide release, and they were right.

I think the fact that the Johto movies bombed in the U.S. box office says a lot in itself. The 3rd movie did pretty poorly in theaters and that was in EARLY Johto no less, showing how much the fad had died.

By the time the 4th and 5th came out they got limited runs in select theaters because the WB didn't think they would sell enough for a nationwide release, and they were right.

Even though I did like the OS, this is why I think it was very smart for the writers to change things up with AG. I remember watching AG for the first time and it felt like a breath of Fresh Air when AG first started.

DiaRubyTandem

The Fastest Comeback
I dont watch, but i played it, LOL xD

The 3rd pokemon movie still did perfectly good in the movie theaters, since i do think Kids WB thought the movie would sell really good nationwide. The 4th and 5th movies were really great and they still did pretty good ....

The Johto series did shown that pokemon was still at it's peak during the OS. AG series did prove that a lot of people have gotten out of pokemon since the fad has already left when the Hoenn series started.

The AG series didn't really feel like a breath of fresh air for the show, since it did mess up the Pokemon anime series for the worst.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The 3rd pokemon movie still did perfectly good in the movie theaters, since i do think Kids WB thought the movie would sell really good nationwide. The 4th and 5th movies were really great and they still did pretty good ....

What the hell?

The 3rd movie did horribly in theaters, that's why WB stopped distrubuting them and 4kids had to partner with Miramax. The 4th and 5th movies only got limited runs in theaters.

Try doing some research next time. All the box office results of the movies can be found online.

The Johto series did shown that pokemon was still at it's peak during the OS. AG series did prove that a lot of people have gotten out of pokemon since the fad has already left when the Hoenn series started.

The AG series didn't really feel like a breath of fresh air for the show, since it did mess up the Pokemon anime series for the worst.

That's your opinion. I thought every season of Pokemon was great in their own way. If you feel AG changed Pokemon for the worse, that's your opinion.

That's your opinion. I thought every season of Pokemon was great in their own way. If you feel AG changed Pokemon for the worse, that's your opinion.

People are entitle to their own opinions, unless you forgotten that. The AG series was fine but it was kinda bland boring without hardly anything interesting happening besides May's contests pokemon battles which were good sometimes.

What the hell?

The 3rd movie did horribly in theaters, that's why WB stopped distrubuting them and 4kids had to partner with Miramax. The 4th and 5th movies only got limited runs in theaters.

Try doing some research next time. All the box office results of the movies can be found online.

That is your opinions. The 2n movie didn't do any better then the 3rd movie are even the 4th and 5th movies, as for the reason why WB stop distrubuting the pokemon movies might had been because of 4kids having to become partners with Miramax.

People are entitle to their own opinions, unless you forgotten that. The AG series was fine but it was kinda bland boring without hardly anything interesting happening besides May's contests pokemon battles which were good sometimes.

That is your opinions. The 2n movie didn't do any better then the 3rd movie are even the 4th and 5th movies, as for the reason why WB stop distrubuting the pokemon movies might had been because of 4kids having to become partners with Miramax.

I didn't forget that, man.

It's a fact that the first 2 Pokemon movies did way better than the 3rd at the box office. Do some research. The 2nd one did WAY better than the 3rd one at the box office. We are talking about the box office, not about how good they were as movies. Don't you even know what the box office is?

Last edited:

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I mostly just watch episodes with Dawn now, really...

Though, Ash's Gym Battle with Fantina was really cool =D

I didn't forget that, man.

It's a fact that the first 2 Pokemon movies did way better than the 3rd at the box office. Do some research. The 2nd one did WAY better than the 3rd one at the box office. We are talking about the box office, not about how good they were as movies. Don't you even know what the box office is?

The fact is the 2nd movie didn't do any better then the 3rd movie at the box office. I did my research. I know what a box office is, do you know i think not. The 2nd one did not any more better then the 3rd movie and that's the fact. Go to Pokemon Wiki site and you will find out your aswer.

The fact is the 2nd movie didn't do any better then the 3rd movie at the box office. I did my research. I know what a box office is, do you know i think not. The 2nd one did not any more better then the 3rd movie and that's the fact. Go to Pokemon Wiki site and you will find out your aswer.

Worldwide Pokemon 2000 made $133 million. In the U.S. and Canada, it made $43 million.

Worldwide Pokemon 3 made $68 million. In the U.S. and Canada, it made $17 million.

So Pokemon 2000 did indeed make way more money at the box office than Pokemon 3.

Worldwide Pokemon 2000 made $133 million. In the U.S. and Canada, it made $43 million.

Worldwide Pokemon 3 made $68 million. In the U.S. and Canada, it made $17 million.

So Pokemon 2000 did indeed make way more money at the box office than Pokemon 3.

That doesn't prove anything. Who cares how much money the 2nd movie made that does not mean it did way more better then the 3rd movie.

That doesn't prove anything. Who cares how much money the 2nd movie made that does not mean it did way more better then the 3rd movie.

Dude, Cyber was talking about the box office, not how the critics or the audience liked the movies. We were talking about THE BOX OFFICE which means how much money the movie made. So in the box office, the 2nd one did do better.

Dude, Cyber was talking about the box office, not how the critics or the audience liked the movies. We were talking about THE BOX OFFICE which means how much money the movie made. So in the box office, the 2nd one did do better.

Oh! i heard you wrong then my mistake.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Just interested, all of you commenting here, which was the last movie you saw in the cinema and why? Did the fad die for you personally or was there no time to go cinema to watch poorly reviewed cartoon films?

Last edited by a moderator:

pokemon fan 132

Why i still watch pokemon? Good question. Its probably because i still manage to enjoy in it, and while writing is rather sub par with writers doing various miss plays over the years i have to give them how they know how to keep people interested.

Pokemon as anime has that adventurous aspect to itself making you feel interested in finding out about new places, characters, story plots an whatever writers com up with. Im also interested in following Ash journey and progress he makes, when older characters make return being updated and how they will portray new features and pokemon from games on screen.

That and i grew up with it, being curious to find out how are things going to end. That is if it does some day.

Well of course, it was during late Johto the writers realized most people didn't enjoy tedious fillers with no plot and no development. That's where the shift in the writing style changed and it would continue into AG and beyond.

I had opportunity to rewatch some of Johto episodes lately and after refreshing my memory i believe many things are blown out of proportion with Johto not being nearly as bad as some make it out to be.

Yes Johto suffered from lack of proper development having too many fillers but many of episodes were entertaining to watch with original trio still having good chemistry.

And you gotta give writers some credit. This was their first long region they had to write for, games didn't had many new features to include at that time and after GS ball idea was discarded they found themselves i infront of wall.

Johto did some things right, having better battles ad better portrayal of gym leaders.
WE had several great mini arcs, and Misty and Brock received more ficus there than they did in Kanto,. We got to see their goals being exploited more, they utilized their pokemon more often in battles and Misty got some great growth becoming more independent and mature as character growing in more competent trainer which got over issue of feeling less worthy.
If i recall right, you liked her further growth in AG as well. Though i could be wrong.

If anything Master Quest was excellent season . We got many great arcs like Whirl Cup, Red Gyarados and Lugia arc, Larvitar, whole story about dragon temple. Misty received more focus with fillers being reduced significantly and you can tell story started to move forward. We also received new recurring pokemon like Delibird bringing more comedy and variety to show and pokemon league was truly one of best.

Im not sure how can anyone consider Master Quest bad, because it was actually very intriguing.

Even though I did like the OS, this is why I think it was very smart for the writers to change things up with AG. I remember watching AG for the first time and it felt like a breath of Fresh Air when AG first started.

Depends for who. Imo getting rid of Misty while having potential to be done much more was mistake from writers part, getting rid of her when they finally started doing things right(starting with Whirl Cup). AG series were alright but they lost good chunk of comedy and charm which original trio added.

In my opinion original trio could have worked in Hoenn, if writers took them in fresh directions doing something more significant with their roles.

Or thy could have added May as fourth traveling companion,excluding Max. I believe it would have been far more interesting if they tried out concept of two girls at same time in cast. That would be certainly something new .

p.s. Im surprised third movie "Spell of Unown" did so bad bad in theaters. It is usually among top movies among fandom being liked a lot actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.