• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why are you still watching Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimH8

I quite like seeing the changes in the characters teams and some episodes can be very entertaining.

Why i still watch pokemon? Good question. Its probably because i still manage to enjoy in it, and while writing is rather sub par with writers doing various miss plays over the years i have to give them how they know how to keep people interested.

Pokemon as anime has that adventurous aspect to itself making you feel interested in finding out about new places, characters, story plots an whatever writers com up with. Im also interested in following Ash journey and progress he makes, when older characters make return being updated and how they will portray new features and pokemon from games on screen.

That and i grew up with it, being curious to find out how are things going to end. That is if it does some day.

I had opportunity to rewatch some of Johto episodes lately and after refreshing my memory i believe many things are blown out of proportion with Johto not being nearly as bad as some make it out to be.

Yes Johto suffered from lack of proper development having too many fillers but many of episodes were entertaining to watch with original trio still having good chemistry.

And you gotta give writers some credit. This was their first long region they had to write for, games didn't had many new features to include at that time and after GS ball idea was discarded they found themselves i infront of wall.

Johto did some things right, having better battles ad better portrayal of gym leaders.
WE had several great mini arcs, and Misty and Brock received more ficus there than they did in Kanto,. We got to see their goals being exploited more, they utilized their pokemon more often in battles and Misty got some great growth becoming more independent and mature as character growing in more competent trainer which got over issue of feeling less worthy.
If i recall right, you liked her further growth in AG as well. Though i could be wrong.

If anything Master Quest was excellent season . We got many great arcs like Whirl Cup, Red Gyarados and Lugia arc, Larvitar, whole story about dragon temple. Misty received more focus with fillers being reduced significantly and you can tell story started to move forward. We also received new recurring pokemon like Delibird bringing more comedy and variety to show and pokemon league was truly one of best.

Im not sure how can anyone consider Master Quest bad, because it was actually very intriguing.

Depends for who. Imo getting rid of Misty while having potential to be done much more was mistake from writers part, getting rid of her when they finally started doing things right(starting with Whirl Cup). AG series were alright but they lost good chunk of comedy and charm which original trio added.

In my opinion original trio could have worked in Hoenn, if writers took them in fresh directions doing something more significant with their roles.

Or thy could have added May as fourth traveling companion,excluding Max. I believe it would have been far more interesting if they tried out concept of two girls at same time in cast. That would be certainly something new .

p.s. Im surprised third movie "Spell of Unown" did so bad bad in theaters. It is usually among top movies among fandom being liked a lot actually.

I love the third movie. It was definitely one of my favorite Pokemon movies for sure.

DMerle

Guess who's back
Ha ha oh really? I love Pokemon episodes and movies that creep me out XD

Lol, I remember i had like some episodes of the Indigo league on video, and that movie so i used to watch them both repeatedly even though it creeped the hell out of me, to this day it makes me feel uncomfortable while watching.

Lol, I remember i had like some episodes of the Indigo league on video, and that movie so i used to watch them both repeatedly even though it creeped the hell out of me, to this day it makes me feel uncomfortable while watching.

Would you say it's even more creepy than the Sabrina arc because those episodes were REALLY creepy.

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
I found the 3rd movie creepier personally.

I never found it that creepy personally. To be honest...Destiny Deoxys and Lucario and Mystery of Mew freaked me out/scared me a lot more. Yes, i'm in the minority here probably, but I was about 9 or 10 when I first watched those movies, so it probably wouldn't freak me out now, but I was a kid when I saw them. Tory almost being trampled by the Spheal's evolved forms whos names I am never able to remember and the antibodies in Lucario and Mystery of Mew freaked me out as a kid, but I have no idea why. >.<

Ive already contributed to this thread but this page is amazing.

sereb devil im not trying to be a pr**k but you are joooooooooooooookkkeess. In a crazy way: 'I heard you wrong' :D

Just interested, all of you commenting here, which was the last movie you saw in the cinema and why? Did the fad die for you personally or was there no time to go cinema to watch poorly reviewed cartoon films?

I don't think you did heard me right at all.

I love the third movie. It was definitely one of my favorite Pokemon movies for sure.

I don't think Johto was ever consider to be a bad series, most of the episodess were really epic and the original trio was still at their bestest. The 3rd movie was really good since it was part of the OS. The AG series was ok but a lot of people at this time grow out of pokemon as a fad, since the Hoenn series episodes were either bland are even unoriginal without anything barely happening in them.

Last edited:

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
I watch the show primarily for nostalgia's sake. If I hadn't watched it when I was a kid, I definitely wouldn't be watching it today. It brings back a lot of good memories, and since I can tolerate the shows juvenile style, I can enjoy it. It probably stems from the fact that I was a mega-pokemon-nerd as a kid, as I don't still watch any of the other shows that I watched as a kid.

asterr259

To be honest I only watch Pokemon for the highlights. Catches, evolutions, gym battles and legendary encounters, but I'll watch any episode that spikes my interest. My only problem is that Ash continues to make rookie mistakes. I don't mind him acting like a kid, but stuff like using Electric vs. Ground? C'mon..., in his battles he should be using type advantages, and even old techniques he made.

I dunno. Maybe I'm just too attached to it since I started watching Pokemon since I was a kid and my mind just kinda "subscribed" to it.

zeno48

Zaker!
Does wanting to see a character back count? I would be so excited to see Paul and Gary appear at the same time in one episode and have them battle each other.

MusicalZoroark

To see if Ash ever does become a Pokemon master. I swear if I die from old age and he is still not one I will come back and haunt the writers.

zeno48

Zaker!
To see if Ash ever does become a Pokemon master. I swear if I die from old age and he is still not one I will come back and haunt the writers.
They still need to explain what it takes to become one first which i think they have done a horrible job at explaining and illustrating. The only thing i could consider being close to a pokemon master is being near the level of a champion. When that happens they should move on with another character.

MagnetPichu

One word: Oshawott. That thing so Flipping Funny!

There was always THAT Pokemon in Each Generation. For Gen 1 it was the starters. Gen 2 it was Bayleaf (Lol Hugz) And WOBAFETT!.
Gen 3 it was Ludicolo. Gen 4: Piplup. Gen 5: Oshawott and Axew AKA Dragon Sneeze.

Airi-Chan

Falling Roses
Because it is very interesting, especially for Don george's tournament arc!

The stories are also make me wonder ^_^

Haunter ゴースト

I don't really know. I've never truly been able to grow up and seperate myself from it, i've watched it ever since it was first released as a kid. I love the franchise and everything about it, I can't help. Because of this, I like seeing the Pokemon animated and fight, it offers something the games and such don't have. Ontop of that though I feel that because i've been following Ash's journey for all this time, I want to see how it turns out. It's just like how we grew up with Harry Potter really. I imagine if Ash's journey did end though and he receieved closure, I would definetly stop myself from watching the show if there was a sequel series with a new protagonist.

ThunderPuncher

Electrifying!
I'm still watching because it's been the only show to really keep my interest.

I've watched other anime in the past, but I've never enjoyed watching anything more than Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.