• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why are you still watching Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying they affected his battling in a bad way because they didn't. Ash actually learns Dawn's spin dodge and applies it to his gym battles, but I'm talking about the storyline in general. It may be my bias to favor Ash all the time, but I've always thought the journey to be Ash's even though he has a couple of friends who come along. If you look at the Kanto, Johto, and Orange Island seasons, Brock, Misty, and Tracy act as sidekicks, encouraging our young underdog on his difficult trek to be champion. But in the Hoenn and more so in Sinnoh regions, the "sidekick" gets more attention and thus more airtime which makes the show have more breadth over depth. I may have a narrow mindset, but I loved Pokemon for its focus on Ash's ongoing pursuit to "wanna be the best."

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I'm not saying they affected his battling in a bad way because they didn't. Ash actually learns Dawn's spin dodge and applies it to his gym battles, but I'm talking about the storyline in general. It may be my bias to favor Ash all the time, but I've always thought the journey to be Ash's even though he has a couple of friends who come along. If you look at the Kanto, Johto, and Orange Island seasons, Brock, Misty, and Tracy act as sidekicks, encouraging our young underdog on his difficult trek to be champion. But in the Hoenn and more so in Sinnoh regions, the "sidekick" gets more attention and thus more airtime which makes the show have more breadth over depth. I may have a narrow mindset, but I loved Pokemon for its focus on Ash's ongoing pursuit to "wanna be the best."

Except those sagas focus just on much as Ash's journey than the others. The Contests were originally brought into the show to makeup for the terrible fillers of Johto, which is why they lasted so long and the anime improved after Johto reached its underwhelming conclusion.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm only watching because Dawn's returning. After she leaves, I'll be done with the anime seeing as they forget about the characters after their cameos, which I don't agree with.

3D992

The Living Hologram
I'm not. :D I hate it now. One day I relised that there were tons of problems with it imo and no good points.

Drohn

Now that is a good question!

And my answer is simple.

I want to see the end.

[IMGSIZE=900]http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz337/Nauran/8e19cc50872543fc2f78a31ac640fe14.jpg[/imgsize]​

This^

I also keep hoping that they will actually return to the original plot about ho-oh and Ash being "the chosen one". And I hope to see his old Pokemon again in combination with his newer ones and watch him become a stronger trainer.

I don't like it that every saga is like a new start and. I want them to continue with the Suicune story line and things like that, but I don't think it will ever happen. I now only read quickly about what happens in each episode and if I think it's interesting I will watch.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It's one of the few good things left on TV

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Loads of eps and loads of random stuff happening...21 and watching pokemon whenever i get free time or it happens to be on tv.

Pokeshipper:)

I don't know why I do, but I think it's just it's so fun and entertaining to watch, I just kept watching and watching. It seems like a part of me
I also watch because I want to see Ash win a league

Izanagi

'Sup!
Guys, the show won't end as it the game keeps making money the anime will be here to stay. I am not saying their isn't a possibility but no time in the foreseeable future. The only reason why I do want it to stay as that it the anime does have some benefits.

Xeice

At your expense
Some of the posts here cover both of my reasons: longing to see some of the older characters make cameos, wanting to see how Ash's journey ends.

Actually, that's somewhat misleading, as I haven't watched a full episode since AG ended (aside from the contest arc that May appeared in during DP). My zeal for the show, and perhaps the franchise entirely, seemed to dissipate after that. I played through Diamond when it released stateside, but felt it to be more of a chore and something I HAD to do as opposed to wanting to finish it. I caught clips of the first few episodes of the new corresponding series, and thought then that it was simply a repeat of what I had already spent the last few years of my life watching. After realizing that my heart simply wasn't there anymore, I sold most of my Pokemon-related possessions and forced myself to "grow up", as painfully annoying and overused as that phrase might be.

Why am I back? After ending my previous relationship of nearly two years, my mind strangely brought itself back to the show, naming the shipping aspect of it. Back during my early teens, I used shipping as a conduit to express my creativity and feelings, particularly the latter (as I wasn't quite as much of a lady killer back then as I am now lol). After mulling around an idea for a fanfiction for the last several years (never thinking enough to actually start it, mind you), I figure that I should go ahead and attempt to write it, if only so I can stop thinking about it and put the premise to rest. As well, I have actually enjoy what I've played of the new generation of games, and the animated trailer for BW2 is enough to keep me interested until it's released here.

... Oh, and for the women. Why else would I wear my pokewalker to parties?

vespiqueen

Like a lot others, I need to see the ending.

Pokemon was a big part of my childhood, and the one show that I've tried to keep up with over the years. I'm not giving up until it's over..

Pippi

Cool
I've always liked the anime. I've watched it for as long as I could remember, and I will continue.
I can't keep track of episodes, though. I just can't get up at 7 AM to catch it...

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
i think i almost stopped but the sinnoh saga was unimaginabally awesome and exciting. if the show's awesomeness were measured in size, then the transfer from sinnoh to unova is like going from a wailord to a pidgey -_-
at this point, the anime helps me understand the individual pokemon, which is a big deal because there is NO WAY i know all 156 unova pokemon. also, i love shipping:

in my twisted mind, ash and may dated for 2 years, broke up, ash dated dawn for 6 months, broke up, then got back with may in after sinnoh.

finally, pokemon is part of my life, my childhood, my heart. cant live without it. ilu 4evr

majormanafemale

I stopped watching when Brock left hey I can't help it I always liked him even loved him in young teenage yrs I've out grown that I was 14 when Pokemon started. It wasn't as captiving for me in best wishes and certain characters bugged me and made me need a nap and I'm the young lady usally bouncing around or minimally fidgeting. I like others did try best wishes I really don't get it it bored me quickly first attempt the 2nd attempt yeah you really don't want to know. However we all will he their for finalie as every one said we want to know how it ends. I do keep up for possible Misty or more so Brock appearances that's really it.

Status
Not open for further replies.