• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why can't I join Discord server?

Voritax

Today, while trading with several members of the server I got banned. No explanation, no warning, nothing! I was just removed without being given a reason, warning nor anything!! I wasn't spamming, I wasn't being rude and actually I was offering just trades! Can someone please tell me why I was removed? My nick is Voritax.

Thx

Sicksadpanda

Discord Staff
You were banned for offering a 6 IV ditto in BDSP, which was against our rules. At present, getting a 6 IV Ditto is near impossible (Pokeradar cannot help you with this either), and thus, is seen as hacked.

Voritax

You were banned for offering a 6 IV ditto in BDSP, which was against our rules. At present, getting a 6 IV Ditto is near impossible (Pokeradar cannot help you with this either), and thus, is seen as hacked.
Ok, fair enough... and my warning? I mean, it's very ok if you don't want me back, I can take my business elsewhere, I won't beg, but shouldn't you have sent a PM or SOMETHING asking me to stop because you feel is not appropiate?

Voritax

And sorry, just to leave you be... is this a permanent ban? A without warning permanent ban? If not, when will I be reinstated?

Voritax

Thought the rules also state a warning before a ban. But whatever. You already did it. I commited a mistake. I should not have offered that Ditto. Won't happen again. Is only fair that you also recognize that it was not fair to deliver a ban without a warning since the warning are also in the "very clear" rules. You may close the post and ty for the quick response! Being left in the dark without not knowing what happened wasn't nice. Have a good one

SleepingGiant

Discord mod (Sudo)
Welcome To Serebii’s Official Discord Server. If you have any chatroom-related inquiries, please feel free to send a private message to any of the staff members. Staff may warn for rule infractions. If you ignore the warning, whether it’s directed at you or not, you may be kicked or banned. The moderation team reserve themselves the right to remove content deemed inappropriate or ban at their own discretion.
If we're going to quote the rules at each other, it says you may get a warning, not that mods are contractually obliged to do it. Also, as for the warnings:
  • It is a rule in the welcome channel to not offer hacked Pokemon:
    • 11. Do not trade hacked Pokemon. This includes Pokemon obtained via cloning
  • It is also pinned as a rule a second time in the base pin of the trades channel as the first rule:
    • Usual rules as with the welcome, but a few new ones exclusive to this chat: No Edited/Hacked Pokémon
  • Additionally, there is another pin from Jellal in the trades channel warning that 6IV ditto in BDSP is considered a hack:
    • Late on this but please take into account that we will not allow 6 IV Dittos in BDSP to be traded on the server at least until HOME support is released.
It looks like the other mods are working out your unban so I'm not really sure there's a point to arguing about it. But since you weren't the only one mentioning how the mods are required to give a warning which (1) isn't true and (2) this topic in particular has ample warning to it globally, I figured I'd make a post here where I can point people who try to make this point in the future.