1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Why can't Meowth use Darkium Z?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by quaker1771, Jun 23, 2018.

1. quaker1771

quaker1771 New Member

Meowth knows bite, which is a dark type move. Why does TR need to find a pokemon with a dark move?

2. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

The anime for whatever reason has chosen to ignore Meowth knowing any move besides Fury Swipes since AG, which leads to rather dumb situations from him like trying to attack Ghost types with a Normal type move.

This is the same show that regularly forgets Wobbuffet can battle at all. Team Rocket aren't there to showcase good movesets, they're there to suck worse than the twerps so they look good.

SinnohEevee likes this.
  3. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Cause Meowth isnt a fighter. Using a Z move would wear him out.

4. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

Ether the writers forgot that Meowth knows bite or Meowth forgot he knew Bite.

Meowth can use a Z move if he puts his mind to it. Like he did take down in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl because of him being in love he took down Infernape, Seviper, Staraptor, Togekiss and Yanmega. Or when he got mind controlled by Team Plasma's machine that power up his Fury Swipes.

5. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

I'd love if Meowth got ONE move boost the whole series. I mean it's not like they have to convey him as super powered the entire show afterwards.

6. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

Nyasu seems to be handled more as a tactician among the Rocket-dan than a fighter, so I'm not too surprised that the possibility of him using a Z-Move has been ignored.