• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why Can't People Get It Right? Annoying Things and Pokémon

TeamRocketGrunt

WobbWobbWobb Wobrudo
When people assume all anime is like Pokemon.

KingWiggins

When people assume all anime is like Pokemon.

I honestly say much to people who think this...
Look, we all thought this at one point (For example, anybody who watched the anime before playing the game used Pikachu because they thought it was the best Pokemon or somewhere close there..).

TeamRocketGrunt

WobbWobbWobb Wobrudo
I honestly say much to people who think this...
Look, we all thought this at one point (For example, anybody who watched the anime before playing the game used Pikachu because they thought it was the best Pokemon or somewhere close there..).
No I mean like they think every anime is immature, circled around fighting monsters etc.

KingWiggins

BigHairPierre

Pokemon master
My one friend trys to know a lot about pokemon, but he thinks you can obtain a machamp without trading...

"But my machoke evolved without trading!" ........seems legit

Bardische

Elegance.
My one friend trys to know a lot about pokemon, but he thinks you can obtain a machamp without trading...

God, those kinds of people annoy me.

I hate it when some people clearly know nothing about what they're talking about. For instance, this idiot told me to trade him a Duosion to his copy of HEARTGOLD. When I said that won't work because Duosion doesn't exist in HeartGold, he told me that "well you can transfer your pokemon to Black and White, so the same rule must apply. C'mon man I want that Reunicle or something."

REUNICLE.

REUNICLE.

Wolveram

Vogelfänger
I don't necessarily get picked on because I have a solid group of friends to play TCG and the games with. However, I have encountered the occasional idiot who believes that it's simply a children's game, requiring no level of intelligence or strategy whatsoever to play. Heh.

I also get annoyed when Genwunners tell me how crappy Pokemon has gotten since 2000. When I ask for a reason, most of the time the response is "the Pokemon just aren't the same", or "they look stupid". Oh, you sure showed me! -_-

Earthbounded

Wild Flygon Appeared
So true. People laugh at me if I draw a pokemon.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Reminds me of a guy at my old high school who was bragging about his Lv150 Rayquaza.

I hate it when some people clearly know nothing about what they're talking about. For instance, this idiot told me to trade him a Duosion to his copy of HEARTGOLD. When I said that won't work because Duosion doesn't exist in HeartGold, he told me that "well you can transfer your pokemon to Black and White, so the same rule must apply. C'mon man I want that Reunicle or something."

REUNICLE.

REUNICLE.

I want to punch my computer screen reading this.

Mr.FusRoDah

How retarded is a Reuincle?
Just like the Ruby Sapphire Jirachi moon myth.

Blockmaster

Beep-Boop!

REUNICLE.

REUNICLE.

I think my little brother tops this, he calls it Ray Nicholas. I actually laughed very hard the first time, but now he believes it's a sort of in-joke and keeps doing it and now it's pissing me off. Also, he says 'go-dud' instead of Geodude. This is particularly unforgivable because it was a wild one.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I think my little brother tops this, he calls it Ray Nicholas. I actually laughed very hard the first time, but now he believes it's a sort of in-joke and keeps doing it and now it's pissing me off. Also, he says 'go-dud' instead of Geodude. This is particularly unforgivable because it was a wild one.

Good lord. Okay, I mean, I understand the little stuff, like maybe pronouncing "Druddigon" as "Drudiggeon," and under most circumstances I won't nitpick about it even though it grates on my ears. I can even kinda understand where the "Ray Nicholas" pronunciation comes from. But when it reaches the "Geodude=Go-dud" or "Kyurem=Kareem" (notice how they both somehow managed to lose a syllable) level it forces me to assume that people are just taking a passing glance at any one Pokemon's name and let an associated sound spill out of their mouth.

And so help the next person who pronounces "Keldeo" as "Keldeeleo."

jakovu

I've heard a couple mispronounciations, but most of them are reasonable. The only really bad one was when someone pronounces Persian "per-SEE-an". Wut.

Also, my sister once made a model Togepi out of beads. Later, she asked a kid she was with if he knew about Pokémon. He said yes, and she asked the kid what Pokémon the bead model was of. He said "Pikachu". Typical.

But the worst part was his backing evidence: "The yellow gave it away!"

i don't know if i sold my old pokemon cards, but i had some really good ones from when they first came to the usa. they most likly are in a box stored somewhere .

spyclone138

I need healing
The discussion about Red and Ash being the same person -.- They are not the same for the last time! Ash is based of Red but they are not the same. Really irritates me when someone says they're the same person.