• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why Can't People Get It Right? Annoying Things and Pokémon

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
I totally agree with this. I'm fine with GameSharks/Action Replays is they're used purely for messing around with the game when you're bored, but when people use them and claim they caught the Pokemon themselves, or worse, flood the trade system with them, it's very annoying and is one of the reasons I don't bother trying to "catch 'em all". With all the hacked Pokemon out there, it's just not worth the effort

Yeah, I'm more forgiving with hacking now, but please, keep it to yourself. Don't trade or battle with hacked Pokémon, unless the person knows and is okay with it. Just being honest, IMO, is better. I'm personally proud of my no-hacking record - I got a hacked Milotic on GTS once, that's it. If you want to hack to get 100 shiny Mew and Deoxys, then fine. Just remember, people like me who worked for their geniune ones (shiny or not) won't be pleased to see them. They won't be impressed, or jealous, just angry at you.

M4zz

Banned
Well, and some hacking is unfair, but reasonable, such as speed EV and IV training. Myself included, have done this before, and it saves a load of time. Of course it isn't fair, but it saves some of your lifetime.

And I wasn't the hacker to put a shiny, Lv.100 attack forme deoxys with max everything and unfair moves and ability as the lead to my team. I just raised my Pokemon quicker.

TheToeEater

Hello. .-.
My friend claims that he's a huge Pokemon fan, but he thinks that Raichu evolves into Raikou. I have no idea where he got this idea from.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Well, and some hacking is unfair, but reasonable, such as speed EV and IV training. Myself included, have done this before, and it saves a load of time. Of course it isn't fair, but it saves some of your lifetime.

And I wasn't the hacker to put a shiny, Lv.100 attack forme deoxys with max everything and unfair moves and ability as the lead to my team. I just raised my Pokemon quicker.

I'm okay with that. Saving time with EVs and natures is okay. Just being honest and keeping within limitations - i.e. no max stats, not trading them - is all I ask. Doing it to save time is alright, because it's something you could do anyways. Hacking events and shinies to look cool is what I don't like. 'Legit' hacking I shall accept - all out hacking is only okay with honesty.

Speaking of which, why is hacking of Pokémon so widespread? Loads of people seem to do it. Does it happen with other games?

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
My Cousin: "I want to play your pokemon game"
Me: "Okay"
10 min. later
My Cousin: "Why can't I fight anybody?"
Me:"Because I beat them all already."
My Cousin: "So then how can I fight them?"
Me: "I'll have to start a new game for you."
My Cousin: "Do I get to keep the pokemon?"
Me: "No. You get to start over from scratch."
My Cousin: "Will you trade me some good pokemon?"
Me: "No, you have to do it yourself."
My Cousin: "Never mind."
X amount of time later...
My Cousin: "Can you make them fight me? all these pokemon are too low and I want to fight the gym leaders."
Me: "Not unless you start a new game."
My Cousin: "But I don't want to fight them, I want to beat them."
At this point I threw the gba.

Nyarth

That's right!
The main thing that bugs me is when my mom pronounces Pikachu, "Pick-a-choo" xD

One of my friends always pronounced Clefairy as Clee-fair-ee!

When your friends little brother starts a new game and saves over yours :mad:

ESPNfanatic35

Catcher of Ubers
What's even worse than people who say PokeMAN is people who say PokeMANS. It's not freaking plural! Just like you don't say fishes and deers, you say fish and deer!

StrangeClams

Strange Trainer
i hate small children in general, but i hate the ones that think they can plow through the whole game with only their starter. i also hate people who think they can catch legends and other awesome pokemon by performing some obscure action with say, the white tribute rock in mossdeep city to get a jirachi. i also hate people who use cheats as a default to beat hard gyms. so many stupid gamers out there

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
When people use Action Replays. It just irks me that people try so hard to train their Pokémon etc (me) and some just decide to cheat to get their Level 100 Shiny Mew.

Yes, that. Especially the little kids who do it, they think theyre cool cuz they can do it instantly. While I actually played the game to get what I have.

Some of us just use Action Replays so that we don't waste our lives EV Training. I.E, we hack vitamins so we don't have to waste time saving up for them if we need vitamins. Not all of us Action Replay users cheat and hack everything. I at least still normally EV train, I just don't waste precious time of my life saving up BP for TMs or cash for extra vitamins. Also, Action Replays let me be the Diamond/Pearl hero in Johto. :>

Anyway, a thing that really bugs me are people that fight solely with Pokemon meant to win, and don't use the Pokemon they personally like. I mean, obviously there's going to be some overlap, but you should only use a Scizor if you personally like it. I don't really care if you have a team of OU as long as you're not just using them to win.

K-B-K

Try finding someone that can pronounce or spell Forretress correctly. It drives me insane. I also find it annoying when someone tries to have an intelligent conversation with you about Pokemon and barely know the basic game mechanics of Pokemon such as EVs, IVs, Difference between Special/Physical attacks.

Ah see this doesn't annoy me but it does annoy that someone automatically assumes you're a noob when it comes to Pokemon because you don't care about EVs and IVs.

As for Special and Physical attacks, there's very little point in playing the game if you don't know the difference.

Also, I'm not referring to you but I though your post was a good segue.

Neon-Snorlax702

i dont know if you have seen a pop-up, it says worst pronounced names, pokemon is on it... its number 5-1 its annoying hoe people say it however!

Neon-Snorlax702

FilesCorner.com - Free Hot Games, Software, Movies, Music... All are free, you don't need pay money !!!

stop spamming, please!!
and yeah it is plural!!!!