• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why Can't People Get It Right? Annoying Things and Pokémon

Ugh, why do stepparents always think they can come into a 16-18 year old's life and start running it?

fuzepichu103

Well I'm outta here
when the TV show makes the pokémon do things that could never be possible in game. such as in the tate&liza episode they used thunder as armor, or every time they say "Pikachu, dodge it!!", etc.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
when the TV show makes the pokémon do things that could never be possible in game. such as in the tate&liza episode they used thunder as armor, or every time they say "Pikachu, dodge it!!", etc.

One of the wonders of the anime is that battles aren't bound by rigid mechanics like in the games, leaving room for countless possibilities. They do this quite often: make use of moves in ways that aren't possible in the games. That's what makes the anime vastly different from the games. Some people prefer it that way. Obviously you prefer battles to be calculated and bound by rigid mechanics.

TheEliteEmpoleon

I overheard a group of kids in my tech theatre class arguing over whether are not KIRBY was a Pokemon.

Wow... Just wow...

Anyway, I think it's annoying when everyone says that Empoleon is one of the worst starters.

Sevans

Battle Subway Boss
The TV show when they fail. "Dodge it"
I remember that episode where Pikachu used thunderbolt on Taillow and gave it some yellow armor or something. wth?
Combo attacks on TV too.

People who shun pokémon at an above-little-kid level.

The people who are all like "Oh yeah, I could easily beat you with my team (of X legendaies)," or "what's your best pokémon (along the lines of...) I have X level 100s!" And then you ask them, "Do you know anything about EVs and IVs?" And they respond, "Oh you mean the pokémon with like the different evolutions? Like Jolteon and stuff".
No, I don't.
=P

Owl

G-Rank Hunter
PokEEmon, Pokeman, Pokemans PokEEmans.

All of those mispronunciations make me want to punch the person who said them in the throat. ._.

Is everyone ignorant of accents these days?

Gelatino95

Not a tool
OH GOD Black and White 2. Nintendo stooped to a new low this time. they must have an EXTREME manufacturer's block to stoop so low as to put a NUMBER into a POKEMON GAME. I considered not buying the first one, but I know that this time im not even gonna bother.

Well, they're not full-on new games. They're sequels. You have to admit that's original, as none of the main series games have had actual sequels before.

With that, I'm kind of annoyed by people who claim that Black and White 2 are unoriginal.

ToedAndTrue

Frog Trainer(Ribbit)
To put it simply:

Person: What's your favorite Pokemon?
Me: Politoed.
Person: Take it off your team, Drizzle is so OP.
Me: Mine doesn't have Drizzle, I despise Drizzletoeds, it has Damp because I usually take part in double battles where the Protect/Explo--
Person: Whatever, infinite rain is so OP, so get out, you ****ing ***.

Maru90

POCKET MEN ANYONE?
When someone who doesn't play pokemon anymore or isn't familiar with the franchise says "Pikachu is my favorite" when they really mean "I only know Pikachu"
Gets me every time.

When I ask how to put EVs on my Kyurem (cover its weak defense, use it on Attack for Outrage, which could OHKO many pokemon, or boost its Sp. Attack for the rest of its moves) and they say, "Isn't Eevees a normal type cat-thing?

I'm also annoyed by Geodudes popping up everywhere in caves and by battle videos I find on WiFi that ends as soon as it started because someone ran from the battle. And I'm also annoyed by someone on GTS that keeps offering Darkrais for Feebases... He needs to get off GTS.

EpicSquirtle

No looking back
When someone says there the best because there starter beat all the gyms and elite four alone and when you try to explain EVs and IVs they say either Well I'm still the best or my pokemon will still beat yours. So annoying.............

MOGARFU

Avery, EV Trainer
When someone says there the best because there starter beat all the gyms and elite four alone and when you try to explain EVs and IVs they say either Well I'm still the best or my pokemon will still beat yours. So annoying.............

Ugh hate that. Anyway, I hate when people pronounce move names wrong such as Facade being pronounced fay-kade instead of fuh-sod and Guillotine is another example, gill-a-teen instead of gee-a-teen. Don't even get me started on Gyarados.

WizardTrubbish

much more beastly
OH GOD Black and White 2. Nintendo stooped to a new low this time. they must have an EXTREME manufacturer's block to stoop so low as to put a NUMBER into a POKEMON GAME. I considered not buying the first one, but I know that this time im not even gonna bother.
So, you're not buying a game based on the title. Seriously guys, i found a great example to be put in this thread! This dude totally fits the whole 'annoying things and Pokemon'

xDWarrior

When someone who doesn't play pokemon anymore or isn't familiar with the franchise says "Pikachu is my favorite" when they really mean "I only know Pikachu"
Gets me every time.

Pikachu actually is my favorite Pokemon.

MewQueen

I have a friend who is always bragging about his "amazing" pokemon... they are cheated. I asked him how he got the EV's and IV's so high. He thought I meant Eevee's and Ivy's and was all like "What the heck". I hate cheaters. My other friend thought that when every black and white pokemon was released, she thought they were all legendaries because they were new. *sigh* -_-

So you think Wonder Guard Spiritomb/Sableye is the best Pokémon ever. No. I hate it when someone brings up Wondertomb in Pokémon Online's chat. It's overrated and old news.

I also hate it when people think a Pokémon is Uber just because it's a legendary Pokémon. Game Freak could declare a Magikarp to be a legendary and it would still suck.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
With that, I'm kind of annoyed by people who claim that Black and White 2 are unoriginal.

This. It's so annoying how ignorant how people are with the title, and we know near nothing about the game. Why must people feel the need to criticize it already?