• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why can't trainers battle Pokemon by themselves?

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
Should trainers be able to battle Pokemon by themselves?

I know that you have to have a pokemon to go into the "tall" grass. But why?
Trainers should have four moves: Punch, Kick, Leer, and Take Down. It would and a weird element to the games....

Last edited:

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
Yeah! And you would be a Fighting Type and be able to use many moves. Like Close Combat.

Dunsparce4prez

I always thought it was weird that the professors etc. wouldn't let you in the tall grass. I mean is it law every child must have a pokemon and go risk their lives fighting wild animals? It's like if my 9 year old son caught a turtle or a robin and went off to find wild rats, cockroaches, and creepy mimes to battle. Pokemon is awesome but it's definitely weird when thought of in real terms.

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
I always thought it was weird that the professors etc. wouldn't let you in the tall grass. I mean is it law every child must have a pokemon and go risk their lives fighting wild animals? It's like if my 9 year old son caught a turtle or a robin and went off to find wild rats, cockroaches, and creepy mimes to battle. Pokemon is awesome but it's definitely weird when thought of in real terms.

The Professors and your mother ask what's wrong with you and say stuff like "I can't imagine what the wild Pokemon would have done to you", when the wild Pokemon are levels two to four outside your home town.

Ketaru

In your line of thought, I think that's how the Safari Zones should be. Throwing Mud/Rocks and Bait and hoping the target doesn't run away is a BS way of going about things.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
Because the similarities to animal abuse would be too, er, similar. As long as the imaginary animals are fighting each other, most people are going to be okay with it, but once a person starts beating an adorable yellow rat to a pulp with their bare hands, you've crossed the invisible line x)

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I was going to say exactly what R. New said. Some people even have a problem with Pokemon's current concept (watching two animals fight each other while betting money on the winner), but it's tolerated. But making a human beat an animal simply wouldn't be tolerated.

Also, like Vast White Reshiram originally said, it would be boring if you just fought them yourself.

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!
Because it's automatic animal abuse, I think. Training your pokemon to death doesn't count since it's all about self-defense.

Kaz~

Banned
Lol beating up Pokémon with the protagonist. It kinda kills the idea of being 'nice' to Pokémon but I like it.

Genkin

Trade-aholic
If we got that, I'd name my guy Mike Vick. :I

Nebbio

NINJA!
Animal cruelty. Knock it out and find out it's a Rattata then leave it.

RifleAvenger

See you starside
"Player used high jump kick!"

"Player's attack missed!"

"Player kept going and crashed!"

I'm sure that people could try to fight pokemon themselves, but I don't think it'd end well if they're trying to fight anything except rattattas and such.

You are on a mountain.
You find a Graveler.
You kick it.
It used Explosion.
You faint.
You end up getting frostbite from the biting cold and become incased in ice only to be found by another dumb guy who decide in would be the most wonderful thing in the world, to kick a Graveler.
Funny ideas, but we would have to get a Lost Tower for Trainers too then.
Or there would be a sudden decrease in the Rattata population around small towns.