• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why can't trainers battle Pokemon by themselves?

xEthereal

Birds of Prey > You
Because Pokemon are terrifying bastards with a plethora of ways to immolate, electrocute, freeze, tear, decapitate and eviscerate you. You're just a clever chimp with two, weak hands.

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
I saw the beginning of White on You Tube. How did the starter pokemon destroy a room? Footprints on the wall? WTF?

knight_6792

Emerald Kid
Wild shedinja appears
Trainer used hi jump kick
it is not suppereffective
trainer turns around
trainer sees into shedinja's back
you can tell what's coming next

Breeder Drew

Because the similarities to animal abuse would be too, er, similar. As long as the imaginary animals are fighting each other, most people are going to be okay with it, but once a person starts beating an adorable yellow rat to a pulp with their bare hands, you've crossed the invisible line x)

This, pretty much. It's way to close of a similarity to animal abuse.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Most Pokemon would destroy you no matter what, even if you tried to fight back.

Light Yagami0629

snatch yo apples up
snorlax using bod slam enough said

PokemonTrainerKaden

Because it's against the rules of the pokemon federation.

Lady Legend <3

OMG FREE HUGS!? 8D
Eh? Interesting idea, but it would kind of defeat the purpose of pokemon battling, as Victoia said. I like idea of pokemon being more powerful than humans. ;3

Roserazor

...Look Behind You
Hmmm. I don't know why, but I would assume a trainer would have pretty crappy defenses. Still, an interesting idea.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
snorlax using bod slam enough said

Ouch that would hurt. Would have to use a jumbo sized aspirin after that one O_O.

Steelix using almost any attack... or any other large Pokemon doing the same.

achilles90

Since we are discussing people vs pokemon, watch this video of a person versus pokemon.
This video will make you laugh.

I had to cover my mouth with my hand to stop myself from waking everyone up! Posted the link onto FB for everyone to see hahaha! That and lv. 45 Pimp? I can see where that is heading...

Trainer encounters wild Lopunny.
Lopunny uses Charm
Charm is ineffective
Trainer uses Nasty Plot
Trainer's Special Attack goes up!
Lopunny uses Attract
Trainer's Machoke falls in love!
trainer uses Pimp
Lopunny flees with trainer's Machoke
Machoke leaves party
Trainer Gains 10000 pokedollars

trainer encounters Officer Jenny
Officer Jenny uses Lock On
Trainer uses Pimp
Officer Jenny is enraged!
Officer Jenny uses Taser Gun!
Trainer becomes paralyzed, and may be unable to move
Trainer is paralyzed, and cannot move!
Officer Jenny uses Arrest!
Trainer hands over 10000 pokedollars to Officer Jenny and blacks out!
Officer Jenny takes Trainer to prison

*The trainer now wakes up in a prison cell*
Trainer encounters Lonely Machamp and Nidoking!

I don't think Pimp is the best move for a Trainer to learn lol!

Pink_Furret

Pokéxtraordinaire
I am pretty sure ESRB wouldn't approve of that, but it would be very funny. And any Pokemon hit by that would become infertile...

Unless it's female pokemon. It would probably be half the damage. ;422-e;

(P.S. When your female, and you get hit in the "secret areas", it STILL hurts by the way... :( Just not as much compared to males...The movie She's the Man is a dirty liar. )

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
The closest with have seen to trainers fighting Pokemon was back in the Safari Zone in which you can throw mud at the Pokemon. If the Pokemon Trainer could fight the Pokemon themselves , Game Freak would probably be seeing lots of complaints and sues from anti - animal abuse groups more than what we have seen before. There is just enough people complaining about the Pokemon series that don`t play it themselves have brought up controversy in the past and we don`t need anymore. It`s just fine now with the trainer just commanding the Pokemon. No need of Game Freak to bring up something again that would be controversial anytime soon.

Lyvam

Lol trainers fighting pokemon would be super funny.They wouldn't kill us thats why we can bring potions. Then all we need is some high tech armor that shoots out lasers and pokeballs. You can also use shields to protect yourself. That would be funny. The animal abuse goes both ways by the way. We are animals and we do get attacked by animals (watch the news people). LOL lets just keep pokemon as it is though.