• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why couldn’t Ash be the one catching Pokémon?!

ShadowForce720

He's never going to become a Pokemon master simply because he is never catching every Pokemon out there.

Except it's never been stated anywhere that in order for Ash to become a Pokemon Master that he has to catch every single pokemon. If I had to guess what being a Pokemon Master entails it probably has some elements in common with the type specific masters in that it's probably a case of where while the type specific masters are able to connect with and understand and use any pokemon of their type, a Pokemon Master is able to connect with and understand and use every pokemon, now obviously there are probably more parts to it then this though.

I mean if you look at it Ash is shown to be able to connect with pokemon emotionally and seemed to be able to understand Lugia to some extent so he seems to be likely on his way to becoming a Pokemon Master, the main problem is that we don't have all the details about it to know what a Pokemon Master is specifically and everything that Ash has to do to become one.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Leonhart

Imagineer
SatoSereFan224888 said:
He's never going to become a Pokemon master simply because he is never catching every Pokemon out there.

Capturing all the Pokemon isn't a prerequisite for becoming a Pokemon Master however, otherwise Satoshi would've been actively working on that since the very beginning of the anime, yet he currently only has around 40 or so different species of Pokemon in total which took him over 20 years in real time to gather. He's obviously never going to get them all at the rate he's going, and it wouldn't even be a reasonable goal for him from my viewpoint.

BabaVanga

Ash isn’t getting replaced or the series is not going to end until he becomes a Pokemon Master and right now we the viewers have no idea what pokemon master is since it’s much more then being the strongest trainer in the world.
I'm still confused how he wants to become the strongest trainer in the world while using rookies (and Pikachu) every saga.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
The hell's a Pokemon Master.

It was supposed to be a dream of ash when he started his journey but after getting hit on his head , for some reason he has forgotten about it.

PreschoolerFromNowhere

Ash just caught a Dragonite, Happy?

So i guess it's about time to stop being a baby about Ash not catch anything and also this thread should end here too...

Maybe you should come up with more reasonable topic like wondering if Dragonite will come back in Isle Of Armor or Crown Tundra since it would be weird if Ash use Dragonite in Galar gym quest in anime(IF HE GOING TO DO THAT)and Dragonite still not come back in game...

But to be fair, Isle Of Armor look like a place where you can expect to find Dragonite line there but you don't know until it come out so... just wait?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Thank Christ.

I've been speculating that all the Gou focus was due to him being a new character and a new Trainer. Not only do they get to flesh him out as a person, it's also a good way of teaching new watchers how the world of Pokemon (GO) works.

I just hope we get more Ash focus in the coming episodes so this "Ash is a background character" stuff can finally go away.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I just hope we get more Ash focus in the coming episodes so this "Ash is a background character" stuff can finally go away.

They just need to give Ash a proper goal for that to happen.
Though hopefully the Leon episode will do just that...

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Go catching Pokemon every episode without no effort is already becoming annoying and the dubbed series hasn't even started yet! I didn't like XY, couldn't stomach S/M and by the looks of Pocket MOnsters, i'm not gonna enjoy it either. I won't say that i'm done with the Anime series altogether because i'll be sticking to the nostalgic ones Gen 1-5. But definitely done with the current Anime!

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I'm still confused how he wants to become the strongest trainer in the world while using rookies (and Pikachu) every saga.
More impressive to win using a newly-trained team against veterans than vice versa, isn't it?

Also this thread is now hilariously gull of irrelevant complaints

D

Deleted member 384931

Which development can Dragonite get if its already fully evolved?

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

No one in the fandom knows what a master is. I guarantee that you don't either.

Red and Blue

Now any time a wild Pokemon is featured for an episode(regardless of region) Ash has as big a chance at it as Go