• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why couldn’t Ash be the one catching Pokémon?!

Red

Not the color
It’s such a missed a missed opportunity. Since Ash won the Alola league.. He could’ve been out filling his dex (captures are one thing he’s lacked). Now that Go is capturing everything as they travel different regions.. It feel like such a tease. Even if Ash caught SOME Pokémon in between, he’s not catching even one. Or showing his old Pokemon..

It’s very frustrating as an old fan. Thoughts?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
He would just abandon them at Oak’s lab once Gen VIII was over as usual. He hasn’t used Bayleef since Johto and poor Gibble is just wasting away its potential since the beginning of Gen V.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Go needed something to do since Ash will likely be doing the lion's share of battling as usual.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Satoshi captures Pokemon to train them and use them in battle, not just to collect, he is a Champion now and is probably going to get some kind of battle related goal soon, he should be training the ones he has not capturing 200 new Pokemon.

Go's goal is to capture everything to collect/catalogue it all.

Red and Blue

I mean he already has his second Pokemon in the form of Mimey.

I'm certain he will start to build his team eventually once they introduce Grookey and Sobble.

Master Pikachu 11

Well he use too use his reserves before BW and then for some reason the writers decided to for some strange reason course correct from it. Also I agree he needs to use his reserves again, but I still like to see catch some Pokémon especially in Galar and I wouldn’t mind that if they are in a region and a very popular Pokémon that he didn’t catch before but is able to catch now, I would like for him to have it like say Larvitar returns as a Tyranitar for example I would like to see some of those popular Pokémon make it on his team and still go back to his DP days at the league or BF and rotate with his reserves. It would certainly make the show that more interesting.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
If you mean Ash catching Pokemon in the manner Go does (single Pokeball throw, no battle or difficulty), then no thanks. I'm happy to wait for Ash to get a classic capture.

BabaVanga

He could, but the cool and cute Pokémon couldn't hog all the screentime until you're sick of them then, so he's usually stuck with a team of six.

Master Pikachu 11

If you mean Ash catching Pokemon in the manner Go does (single Pokeball throw, no battle or difficulty), then no thanks. I'm happy to wait for Ash to get a classic capture.
You do realize that most of Ash’s captures were that he did just that but because they were willing to be captured, like Meltan, Rowlet, and Rockruff were all caught without Ash having to battle them and were willingly wanting to be captured

Red and Blue

Look at it this way. Ash didnt catch his third Alolan Pokemon Rockruff until episode fifteen. And he didnt catch Litten until episode 21. And there were large gaps between Poipole and Meltan.

I feel like people are just being a bit impatient

Reactions: i2i

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
He would just abandon them at Oak’s lab once Gen VIII was over as usual. He hasn’t used Bayleef since Johto and poor Gibble is just wasting away its potential since the beginning of Gen V.

Can people please stop using that stupid **** logic of thinking already?
It's fun seeing Ash get new Pokemon, seeing him only carrying 3 for 3 years is a boring ass trend that needs to freaking stop already.
And at least Ash's Pokemon get personality, unlike Go's pointless captures

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The reason is that Ash randomly becoming catch-phrase would be too a radical of a change. Pratically a betrayal of his character. Even when he makes a lot of captures, he doesn't approach the whole thing like Go would.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
It’s such a missed a missed opportunity. Since Ash won the Alola league.. He could’ve been out filling his dex (captures are one thing he’s lacked). Now that Go is capturing everything as they travel different regions.. It feel like such a tease. Even if Ash caught SOME Pokémon in between, he’s not catching even one. Or showing his old Pokemon..

It’s very frustrating as an old fan. Thoughts?

Cause he wouldn’t use the ones he would capture. Whenever Ash caught more than six pokemon, they barely let him use them. So have Gou catch them. Ash battles more than he ever caught Pokémon.

PreschoolerFromNowhere

I have to give a friendly reminder to you guys, Ash don't need to catch a Pokemon in order to become a Pokemon Master, Pokemon Master is the trainer who can understand Pokemon well but didn't require the number of Pokemon the trainer own so even he only have one Pikachu or every single of Pokemon, he can be a Pokemon Master so no, he don't need to catch if he don't want to, stop trying to outsmart the anime writter.