• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why Defend When You Can Attack? [A Hyper Offense RMT]

rckstr

Why Defend When You Can Attack? [A Hyper Offense RMT]

381.png
612.png
373.png
448.png
639.png
212.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

381.png

Latios (M) @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Memento
- Draco Meteor

Simple Dual Screen leads, sets up screens, dents the opposing Pokemon with Draco Meteor while Memento serves as a useful and safe way for me to bring in a sweeper.

612.png

Haxorus (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Double Dance Haxorus, use DD for the first turn to get the speed boost and then use SD if I have the Chance, If I get +2 or +3 and the opponent's stell type(s) are below 50% then I win.Earthquake for coverage.Lum Berry for status and getting atleast 4 outrages.

373.png

Salamence (M) @ Yache Berry
Trait: Moxie
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Great Pokemon, after Haxorus gets rid of the counters, it comes out and can set up on an ice attack, one DD is enough because that lets him outspeed pretty much everything and Moxie keeps making him stronger.Fire Blast to break Steel types that think they can wall me, EQ for coverage.

448.png

Lucario (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Inner Focus
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Ice Punch

Can usually set up on many Pokemon such as Gliscor and Landorus thanks to Air Balloon, +2 Attack with Adamant is enough to take out a weakened team late game.CC for STAB, ESpeed for priority and Ice Punch for Gliscor.

639.png

Terrakion @ Air Balloon
Trait: Justified
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

My Favorite HO Pokemon, can take on Heatran and other Pokemon that only have EQ to deal with him.Depending on the team I am facing I might only need Swords Dance but if i see lots of fast Pokemon I try getting both.Close Combat and Stone Edge provide good coverage.

212.png

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Brick Break

My second pokemon with priority, can usually get to +4 with screens and is usually my first Pokemon to come out after screens are up to dent some holes into the opponent with STAB Bullet Punch and Bug Bite along with Brick Break for Steel Types.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ilan

Like I said to the other guy you team is too ice weak I would put another pokemon instead of one of the dragons maybe kingdra or even cloyster

rckstr

Latios never even fights, It's dead after 3-4 turns.So don't count it.

I have 2 dragons because By the team one is dead the counters for the other one is weakened or dead, thats the point of HO, having Pokemon with similar weakness so that you can get rid of counters and sweep.

lovetheangelshadow

One heck of a Nobody
If Latios never even fights then why all the investment into Speed? I would have put more inot HP letting giving you more of a chance to set up Screens and Momento.
Personally I think having both DD and SD is somewhat reduntant. You are also very Physical attack based. Suggest putting somewhere in there a special Sweeper like Volcanara who can handle your ice and steel problem. If yer set on Dragons then maybe Special D-nite or Special Hydregion. Also there are better Screeners like Espeon, Bronzor, and Renicelus.
These are just food for thought.

Ilan

If Latios never even fights then why all the investment into Speed? I would have put more inot HP letting giving you more of a chance to set up Screens and Momento.
Personally I think having both DD and SD is somewhat reduntant. You are also very Physical attack based. Suggest putting somewhere in there a special Sweeper like Volcanara who can handle your ice and steel problem. If yer set on Dragons then maybe Special D-nite or Special Hydregion. Also there are better Screeners like Espeon, Bronzor, and Renicelus.
These are just food for thought.

I think you don't know what HO is... they are all physical for a reason...

But you are kind of right about latios you can put more HP evs for survival (cut from sp.attack but you need to check KOes).

I know HO teams I used them when deoxys-s was still around the similar counters are mamoswine,skarmory, and ferrothorn I am right?

Last edited:

rckstr

Yes it's either all Physical or All Special.
Latios has Max Speed to outspeed Taunt users and Max SP Atk because it can usually take out 1 Pokemon or dent it with DM.

Soperman

The One and Only
It has a lot of Speed so it can set up really quickly...

As to your team, it looks good for HO. A couple of things you should think about:
Latios: Screens only last for 8 turns. You have six pokemon to kill. it's going to take you more than eight turns to win, so you should probably consider not getting him killed every beginning of the battle.
Even with the Yache berry, Ice is still super effective to Salamence, and especially with Naive, as most Ice type Attacks are Special, you won't survive anyway.
Terrakion is totally deadly after one Rock Polish and Swords Dance. Like, ban worthy. Be careful of that in the future.
Otherwise, looks good.

Zachmac

I've noticed all your really have against Skarmory is Salamence. Maybe you could swap something like Lucario for Infernape?
Latios: Screens only last for 8 turns. You have six pokemon to kill. it's going to take you more than eight turns to win, so you should probably consider not getting him killed every beginning of the battle.
But HO only needs screens to set up the first sweeper, right? And then the rest do it by forcing swap outs.

....That's what I've always figured.

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
so much drag, not enough mag

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Magnet Pull | Timid
252 spA / 252 spe / 4 HP
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
-HP Fire
-Flash Cannon

Gives you a great way to defeat Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Scizor for sure, which allows for any of your dragons to sweep much more easily. Use this over lucario maybe.

Eaglehawk

Banned
If you're really going for a good Dual Screener, I'm going to recommend Deoxys-D

Deoxys-D @ Light Clay
Pressure
Timid
252 HP/20 Def/20 SpDef/216 Spe
-Taunt
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Stealth Rock

It does the job really well with its bulk. Always sets up both, even against standard TTar lead with Crunch. Also, Stealth Rock can be really game changing.

As for your team, you might want to diversify your team in terms of Special and Physical. Someone told me that a standard form for HO is Lead/Physical/Physical/Special/Special/Mixed, or simply put, a lead, two special-physical cores, and a mix sweeper that works well with both. I actually seriously recommend CM Espeon and QD Volcarona.

Espeon@Leftovers
Magic Bounce
Timid
4 HP/252 SpAtt/252 Spe
Calm Mind
Baton Pass
Psyshock
HP Fire

Volcarona@Life Orb
Timid
Flame Body
252 SpAtt/4 SpDef/4 Spe
-Quiver Dance
-Fiery Dance
-Bug Buzz
-HP Ground

It actually goes well with anything. It supports the team by bouncing Hazards back while at the same time, setting up on things such as Skarmory, Blissey, and whatnots. Baton Pass can come in handy when supporting, allowing it to pass its boosts to something like Volcarona. This is probably the only time I will ever recommend a Volcarona outside of sun, but this is pretty appropriate right now. Coming off of Espeon, there is a high chance that your playing field will be cleared of hazards. Furthermore, Baton Passing CM boosts to Volca already makes its threatening on the switch, attaining the ability to threaten some of its usual checks completely out and setup its own Quiver Dance to hit a +2/+1 benchmark.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
The reason the team is physical is because they break down their counters, and when they do, they finish them off. There's no point in recommending Special Sweepers. Read the definition of HO first, to put it nicely, then look at suggestions.

Psycho Cut

Lucario is not really good on a HO team, since it can set up all it likes and still be outsped. Also, since you have nothing against Physical Walls, such as Skarmory, as Zach said, then I suggest you replace it with Volcarona. I'd reccomend a ChestoResto or Morning Sun variant, since you're not packing a spinner. Finally, consider Azelf as a screen-setter. It's faster than Latios, does the same stuff and can lay down SR to deal with Sturdy Pokemon.

Last edited:

Eaglehawk

Banned
The reason the team is physical is because they break down their counters, and when they do, they finish them off. There's no point in recommending Special Sweepers. Read the definition of HO first, to put it nicely, then look at suggestions.

I just read Darumakka's guide, and they should usually carry all physical and all special, so it's not definitive. Plus, Somalia's team is listed as an example, which utilizes both Physical and Special sweepers.

DarumakkaImposter

Lol. Nice team. So, first off, I'd switch Latios for Deoxys-D. I use a different version, but that works fine for this kind of HO. Secondly, I'd replace Salamence for Dragonite for the Multiscale thing. And Lum Berry on Haxorus, you can use it, but Life Orb will make Outrages hit harder. Well worth it. Lucario is also fine, but I rarely use him. He works, though. You could always replace him for Infernape. MixedApe is fine.

Psycho Cut

Sigh.... I honestly think this is easily the stupidest thing the competitive pokemon community has ever decided since I've been in it.

Why bother whittling away at counters and losing screens, momentum and pokemon in the process when you can just blast it with a different class of attack?!

rckstr

Go read up on HO
YOu need Pokemon with similar counters so that once the counters are gone you can sweep.
Lets say I battle a team with Skarm Bliss
I get rid of Skarm with Lucario with 2 +2 Close Combats
Lucario dies and I bring out a Volcarona
Walled by Blissey
If I had a physical sweeper I could set up I would most likely win.
You need the same type Pokemon Phy or Special

Last edited: