• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why did Ash's Bulbasaur stick around so long?

sheld999

also bulbasaur also stop fights from happening between pokemon ash raised it right and hope he makes an appearence in kalos league

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I don't know why they kept it around for as long as they did. I personally can't stand that grass pokemon out of all the others. Plus I don't get why it along with Squirtle never evolved either. But hopefully since they love spamming the living daylights out of the kan to pokemon this season, maybe we might get more of an answer.

X Drake

I Am Groot
I don't know why they kept it around for as long as they did. I personally can't stand that grass pokemon out of all the others. Plus I don't get why it along with Squirtle never evolved either. But hopefully since they love spamming the living daylights out of the kan to pokemon this season, maybe we might get more of an answer.
Bulbasaur's reason for not evolving was explained,Squirtle on the other hand...no idea.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Bulbasaur's reason for not evolving was explained,Squirtle on the other hand...no idea.
Pretty sure Squirtle didn't evolve because he wanted to stay the same as the rest of the Squirtle Squad.

MattySadler

Pretty sure Squirtle didn't evolve because he wanted to stay the same as the rest of the Squirtle Squad.

That is just an assumption though. X Drake is right, it has never, ever been addressed in an episode or stated explicitly.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
That is just an assumption though. X Drake is right, it has never, ever been addressed in an episode or stated explicitly.

The writers never address why most of the pokemon on the cast never evolve.

You can make the same case for Totodile, Corphish, Buizel, etc. all of whom had nothing holding them back from evolving. Especially in Corphish and Buizel's case given the amount of battling and wins they had.

Seviper009

ii kanji
I think it maybe has to do with the voice actors of Charizard and Bulbasaur.

Bulbasaur and Charizard were the only one of Ash's old Pokémon to return at the end of Unova, might have to do because their Japanese voice actors, Megumi Hayashibara (Bulbasaur) and Shinichiro Miki (Charizard) are always present for the main cast as Jessie and James, this is different for Squirtle, that's maybe why those 2 Kanto starters appeared more.

Maybe Bulbasaur got to stay longer because they wanted Ash to keep 6 Pokémon in his team, Bulbasaur's leave was to make room for Phanpy if I remember correctly.

Traptrix

Ash's Bulbasaur always had a leader personality, so it makes since that it stayed with Ash for so long. Someone has to teach the new Pokes the ropes!

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

I know that but that was how many season ago. So I guess mega evolutions for Ash won't happen due to that which happened over 15 years ago. I still want them to evolve. I don't like that his Charizard will always get attention and the others get ignored.