• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why did Axew suddenly forget it wanted to evolve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
How? Dragonite to me was worst because of how many battles it won when he was barely listening to Iris.
Dawn barely worked hard with Togekiss. Iris actively worked to bond with Dragonite and got 2 unfair wins with him which was CALLED out. Mind you she only made it to the top 4 with Dragonite in the Junior Cup meanwhile Dawn almost won the GF with a Pokémon she barely trained. I'd also like to point out the battles Dragonite listened to Iris (Drayden and Clair) she losed.

SH65

Victory Over All!
Dawn barely worked hard with Togekiss. Iris actively worked to bond with Dragonite and got 2 unfair wins with him which was CALLED out. Mind you she only made it to the top 4 with Dragonite in the Junior Cup meanwhile Dawn almost won the GF with a Pokémon she barely trained. I'd also like to point out the battles Dragonite listened to Iris (Drayden and Clair) she losed.
Like how Iris's Axew somehow learn Outrage and Giga Impact out of nowhere or Emolga for some reason listening Iris in battle when before she didn't care about battling at all and used volt switch to get out of it.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Like how Iris's Axew somehow learn Outrage and Giga Impact out of nowhere or Emolga for some reason listening Iris in battle when before she didn't care about battling at all and used volt switch to get out of it.
What does Axew have to do with Togekiss? Or Emolga?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Game Iris has Archeops, so I think that would have been better than say, an Emolga.

Someone had to get Emolga

Dawn too caught a fully-evolved three-stage Pokémon. I think she should have earned it, but it seems they thought of it at the last minute.

They didn't think of it at the last minute. The reason they got rid of Ambipom was to get Togekiss, which means they planned it a year ahead

SinnohEevee

They didn't think of it at the last minute. The reason they got rid of Ambipom was to get Togekiss, which means they planned it a year ahead

It seems the way they gave Dawn Togekiss was too convenient. They could have had her catch a Togetic (not a Togepi, we already got a Pokégirl with one) and have her evolve it.

SH65

Victory Over All!
It seems the way they gave Dawn Togekiss was too convenient. They could have had her catch a Togetic (not a Togepi, we already got a Pokégirl with one) and have her evolve it.
Well I feel like its the same with Iris's Dragonite they could had given her a Dratini or an Dragonair, but instead gave her a Dragonite.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia

I always thought it was because they figured out that having two normal types on her team made no sense. Buneary was already on Dawn's team at the time so Ambipom made no sense imo.

SinnohEevee

I always thought it was because they figured out that having two normal types on her team made no sense. Buneary was already on Dawn's team at the time so Ambipom made no sense imo.

Togekiss was a Normal-type back then, but it was also Flying-type.
May had Skitty, Munchlax, and Eevee (before it evolved into Glaceon) though.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Togekiss was a Normal-type back then, but it was also Flying-type.
May had Skitty, Munchlax, and Eevee (before it evolved into Glaceon) though.
I know and that always bothered me about May's team. Well at least in May's case Skitty was swapped for Eevee (or I guess technically Squirtle). And Normal/Flying types are barely treated like normal types in the anime and just mainly focus on the Flying part.

And that still makes me think why did her and Ash trade in the first place?

To show the trading aspect of the games since DP introduced the first time wireless trading was possible (I'm assuming that's why) and to give Ash a Water type.

Navin

MALDREAD
Dratini is meh to me and I actually liked Iris catching a fully evolved three staged Pokémon. It never really had been done in the anime and I thought it was cool. Anime throwing curveballs are the best. I also enjoyed the disobedience arc they had....despite is being done twice before that.....

I guess they were trying to learn from Misty who had practically every Kanto evolution water line but with little too no screen time or purpose for any them

I would wanted Dragonite's disobedience arc to have gone towards Haxorus. Excadrill could be the same. Archen/Archeops could have been like Emolga, lazy but a good battler. I'd have replaced Dratini for Gible.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
I would wanted Dragonite's disobedience arc to have gone towards Haxorus. Excadrill could be the same. Archen/Archeops could have been like Emolga, lazy but a good battler. I'd have replaced Dratini for Gible.
I could see this. Although part of the reason that Emolga was so interesting was her Volt Switch being apart of her laziness xD. If they could of transfered that to Archen and make him/her interesting like that I wouldn't of mind. Although I would of just given Iris Scraggy. He would of been good against Ice Type Pokémon and she could of struggled getting his obedence after he hatched and taught him all type of moves like Hi Jump Kick to help her with Ice Pokemon.

Last edited:

SinnohEevee

I wonder if the trade between Ash and Dawn was also to show their bond given they made them best friends.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Misty's Togepi evolved into a Togetic and was released.

Also, I don't disagree with you that Dawn catching an earlier stage and evolving would have been better, but I disagreed that the writers didn't pre-plan the catching of Togekiss. Not only was Ambipom released a year earlier, but also Togekiss didn't even make its anime debut until late in the fourth year of the generation. Anime debuts are usually pre-planned. If Togekiss had debuted way earlier, under a different trainer COTD for example, and then Dawn randomly got one later, I might be more likely to believe the writers didn't pre-plan it. But since Togekiss hadn't even yet appeared, it had to have been preplanned or else Togekiss wouldn't even have appeared in the anime. They had to have been keeping track of which Pokémon are yet to debut and planning out when they will each debut.

And that still makes me think why did her and Ash trade in the first place?

Dawn had two Water types, and Ash had none. This was still during the era of the anime when Ash got a Grass, Fire, and Water type every gen.

Yukidoh

I never understood the Dragonite/Togekiss comparisons.

Dawn got a Togekiss....without actually putting in any effort, and that Togekiss presented no real issue for Dawn except for using moves that Dawn didn't want...that's it. And the whole thing was overcome within a single episode. Literally given a Pokemon on a silver platter, had no real issues because of it.

Iris got a Dragonite after spending an entire episode defending it and trying to prove its innocence, and then had to deal with a ton of **** afterwards because the Pokemon she got was violent and short-tempered. She won undeserved victories and others characters called her out for it, and Iris herself understood it. The whole Dragonite struggle lasted for multiple episodes instead of being swept under the rug within a single episode. Literally had to deal with a ton of crap because of this Pokemon.

Where exactly do people see similarities?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I never understood the Dragonite/Togekiss comparisons.

Dawn got a Togekiss....without actually putting in any effort, and that Togekiss presented no real issue for Dawn except for using moves that Dawn didn't want...that's it. And the whole thing was overcome within a single episode. Literally given a Pokemon on a silver platter, had no real issues because of it.

Iris got a Dragonite after spending an entire episode defending it and trying to prove its innocence, and then had to deal with a ton of **** afterwards because the Pokemon she got was violent and short-tempered. She won undeserved victories and others characters called her out for it, and Iris herself understood it. The whole Dragonite struggle lasted for multiple episodes instead of being swept under the rug within a single episode. Literally had to deal with a ton of crap because of this Pokemon.

Where exactly do people see similarities?

It was only brought up in the context of this thread because they're the only two main characters to ever directly catch a third-stage fully evolved Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.