• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why did Malva change sides?

Jeal

Alain didn't use his full team at all (in fact this exact plot point was the spawning point for another thread last year about whether or not they were even his or Flare's mons)
They would not animate 15 pokémon battling. They were battling in a not very spacious place, too.
Not sure what you mean because in the TF arc they actually glorified Serena by showing her fighting from the helicopter and showing Mairin admiring her
Commanding a single attack is not the most incredible thing for a main character to do. It was the minimum.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

04n70n10

We all know that Alain is a Charizard-enthusiast, he used Metang-Metacross very rarely on-screen and the others only in the final. Potentially he could use the other mons, but the focus was rightly on Ash's Team and Alain-charizard duo in that moment.

But still my point remain, even if I really liked the battle in general, Lysandre was basically overwhelmed and back then Malva would have been perfect to "reinforce" the Team Flare. No, instead Lysandre VS rest of the world. At least Malva... instead to battle Lysandre when she arrived... why not the twerps? I would have even liked a direct use of Z-2 (in battle i mean)....

I agree with @shoz999, they simply didn't want to drag further the team flare arc for various reasons (time-consuming to make these episodes, need focus on main cast, etc.).

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
She beat Amelia in Amelia's hometown.
Lesson of the episode: Just because you're known from a hometown it doesn't automatically make you champion of the world/region material.

Besides, we barely knew her outside of her audience that we don't care in the 1st place.

zazarickoty

Was she really aware, though?

I got the impression that while Malva knew that Lysandre was grooming Alain for his purposes and certainly had this vision of seeing the world better, I don't think she ever actually knew just what Lysandre was planning overall. She wanted to believe in a better future, which Lysandre was promising, but it seemed that very few people actually knew the extent that Lysandre was willing to go to. Once that was revealed, Malva couldn't stand by and let it happen, even if she was partially complicit in it.
Chaturbate Xnxx Tubegalore
Malva: I'll go where the money's at, while the world stays the same at the same time.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Because the anime hates moral ambiguity, see the mess that was the Team Plasma arc

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
We all know that Alain is a Charizard-enthusiast, he used Metang-Metacross very rarely on-screen and the others only in the final. Potentially he could use the other mons, but the focus was rightly on Ash's Team and Alain-charizard duo in that moment.

But still my point remain, even if I really liked the battle in general, Lysandre was basically overwhelmed and back then Malva would have been perfect to "reinforce" the Team Flare. No, instead Lysandre VS rest of the world. At least Malva... instead to battle Lysandre when she arrived... why not the twerps? I would have even liked a direct use of Z-2 (in battle i mean)....

I agree with @shoz999, they simply didn't want to drag further the team flare arc for various reasons (time-consuming to make these episodes, need focus on main cast, etc.).

Malva would only delay the inevitable if she sided with Lysandre. Then there's the risk of her becoming nothing more than a glorified mook. If Team Flare was well-intentioned in the past, then it makes sense if there is a Team Flare member who genuinely believes in the goals of Team Flare but not to the methods employed by Lysandre.

Alain, though a member of Team Flare, was kept away from the actual inner circle of Team Flare, given that he was nothing more than an unwitting pawn for Lysandre to use and Lysandre has to spell it out to him. Not to mention that Alain, despite being older than Ash, is still a child whereas Malva is an adult.

Malva can afford knowing the larger agenda of Lysandre than Alain could, can afford to be the self-aware cynic, and can afford to see hope in future generations. Thus it stands to reason that she is better in the XY anime used as a foil to Lysandre than a willing ally to him.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I wish Pachira had been fleshed out more, because her motivations for aiding the Flare-dan in the first place seemed flimsy at best. I didn't mind her 180 degree turn in the end, however I do wish she had more depth.