• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why did so many people have trouble with whitney's milktank back in pokemon silver?

Was the milktank really that hard?!

• Yeah if you don't level grind and use status lowering moves ect.

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • No I just had to think correctly to win

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • Dude heck Yes I got spammed with rollout and attract and stomp countless times.

Votes: 33 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I just simply used my flaffy's thunderwave to hold down its speed down and stop its rollout attack and used thundershock though flaffy and bellsprout went down I was able to use Flash to lower milktank's accuracy and make rollout less of a threat then finished the battle with noctowl who was level 22 Female using peck and tackle. But I don't really see why it was so hard to beat even though I only won because I used strategy XD. But really what was it that got on your nerves cause it wasn't hard really unless you walked in the gym as soon as you arrived in goldenrod city with underleveled pokemon.
I beat her on my first try for anyone who wants to know. And yes people I do know it had Milkdrink so quit saying that.

Last edited:

Jameson1

Mes amis
Her Clefairy used a Metronome-Aeroblast on me, so that was surprising. The way I handled Miltank was to go north of Goldenrod and train my Quilava and Quagsire to the high 20's. It wasn't too hard after that.

Ilan

It had milk drink so it was a little harder had some problems in SS too but anyway, if I start a new save now I will beat her in the first try :p

Kalosian

So long
Because most of us were younger and not as experienced in battling at that time. At least I was. Didn't care about types and such, all I did was to train my starter and leave everything else untrained. Which gave me huge troubles against Whitney in Silver. But when I played Crystal for the first time, she ended up being the easiest gym leader, oddly enough.

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
I have two theories, one, everybody used male pokemon, falling to the Attract, or two, Miltanks Accuracy and Attack was too high.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I have two theories, one, everybody used male pokemon, falling to the Attract, or two, Miltanks Accuracy and Attack was too high.

I think your first theory is more accurate than the second I can see several people back 11 years ago when this game came out using only males not knowing of the move attract and then later getting trolled with it With me only 2 of my pokemon are males (Crawconaw,Weepingbell,) The others are female so I mainly used my girls to attack then finished it in one go It's not hard if you knowledge in basic competative matching.

Drummerdude

Like Winter02 said, a lot of us were really young when they first came out and didn't have much if any strategy. I know I used to think wasting turns inflicting a status or lowering stats was a waste of time, plus not leveling my team high enough for the battle was a huge reason why I had my backside handed to me several times.

Ashandtepig

It was only hard if you were a kid back when they came out for the first time and you battled with no strategy and only sheer force other than that not really that difficult.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Crystal was my first game, so I didn't know much but she used roll out alot.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Gold was my first game, but honestly I don't remember having much trouble with Whitney's Miltank. All I remember is that I used Quilava, so I guess I was just lucky and managed to defeat Miltank before its Rollout got out of hand.

There were a few times on Silver and Crystal where I had trouble with Miltank, but they were nothing like some of the Miltank horror stories I've heard over the years.

Luna-kun

Cool pokemon master
when i started (many) years ago my adventures with pokemon 2nd generation i was always mad in miltank, always beat clefairy with yawning and the had really tough time with miltank. but with few all game walktrough i learn how make she down, and she is not that scary as earlier

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
It was probably more of inexperience and not getting a fighting-type (if any existed prior to Goldenrod--oh wait, one would evolve Ledyba), or were rather unfamiliar with the new Johto Pokémon, and never expected a powerhouse so early in the game. At least, that's what happened with me.

I guess Nintendo just loves teaching us lessons on being cocky or something--Silver had among the hardest Gym Leaders there were at the time, especially with Clair.

Ashandtepig

It took me one go to defeat her on Gold. I had Quilava. I managed to take a few chunks out of her Miltank but her Rollout killed me. My Spearow finished it off for me.

Like what frontier said if you had a flaffy you'd be fine esspecially if it knew thundershock and thunder wave.

TheEpicGoomba

Considering that all of my Pokemon were male I was getting raped by Attract. I was then destroyed by Roll Out. And in the remakes giving Milk Drink didn't help either.

Larry

Like what many have said. We were realy young and didn't know what we were really doing. I found Geodude to be effective against it.

ZFXZFX

Most of the time I will just chuck a fighting type (Or a Pokemon w/ fighting type move) into play, and spam that thing. Considering I don't necessarily like most of those Pokemon though, I will probably just either throw in a rock type or use pure power and higher levels to win.

ZFXZFX ~ ;038;

Status
Not open for further replies.