• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why did so many people have trouble with whitney's milktank back in pokemon silver?

Was the milktank really that hard?!

• Yeah if you don't level grind and use status lowering moves ect.

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • No I just had to think correctly to win

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • Dude heck Yes I got spammed with rollout and attract and stomp countless times.

Votes: 33 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcos

Umbreon Master
It's the fact the miltank had access to milkdrink and Whitney used potions also it has good defense and spec def so it takes, hit heals and continues to hit you with increasing damage with rollout. If you train your Pokemon a little higher than hers its not that bad. Personally I never had much trouble with her.

Dunsparceattack

I actually found Clefairy pretty easy, but Miltank was impossible for me.
I used my Togepi first to use Charm multiple times (which lowered attack), then he got knocked out so I sent in my Flaaffy. Flaaffy got hit and Miltank got paralyzed but had a Lum Berry so that I had to use Paralyze.
Then I sent out my Onix, but he wasn't doing much (though he was a wall of defense) and I sent out my Quilava. He immediately fell in love, but he was the only one who did decent damage and all my girls were underleved. Even though Rollout was super effective it didn't do much because of Charm, and Quilava was attacking. Only most of the time he didn't attack. And when I got Miltank's HP down she just used her milk drink. When Miltank didn't use Milk Drink Whitney used her Super Potions. Twice.

I finally beat Miltank even though it took 30 minutes and then I forgot to save, and someone was walking near it while it was charging (I was battling Sudowoodo). The DS fell from being pulled by the string and froze. The end!

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
I had problems until I started battling every trainer along the way, and the route after Goldenrod (fogot what it was called), but I usually won on my first try, and made sure my Pokemon was ready before.

I think that her Miltank was developed by the programmers without the thought/knowledge of how broken the moveset was.

cxinlee

Lc ftw
I didn't need to level grind at all to win my gastly used hypnosis, I switched into my cyndaquil/quilava (can't remember) and finished it off.

NPT

Just a member
Whitney's Miltank has Rollout and a healing move Milk Drink, which make it hard to defeat. But all I had to do is putting Miltank to sleep and taking it down with my Croconaw.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
You are able to catch Heracross before Goldenrod. I'm trying to get it now before battling that Miltank on my Silver Walkthrough.

If i knew this back in the day, my battles against Whitney would have been so much easier. I have had my troubles with her Miltank, but only because i wasn't as experienced in battling as i am now. Now, i would use female Pokémon or at least a Geodude. Last time i played through Johto, i used a female Onix i caught in Union Cave. Used Screech and Headbutt to finish her off.

whowantshoney

Melancholic Trainer
In my experience, it's simply because of Miltank's great set and utility plus your under leveled Quilava hahaha. jk.

Clefairy use metronome
Clefairy use swords dance
Clefairy use metronome
Clefairy use baton pass

Wolfheart

I never had trouble against her. But maybe that's because I trained my Pokémon up to level thirty before I battled her hahaha! I always over train...

KyuremFreeze

Hello, b0ss
it was especialy hard with my quilava, despite it being female and immune to attract

Didn't anyone use the trade Machop in Goldenrod city?

Machop/Machoke is actually one of the best pokemon in that game (Cross Chop lol). I just karate chopped my way through that mass that was the Normal type gym.

Dr. Classy

Only RN with a PhD
To be honest, i remember it not being that bad when i played silver bak as a kid. Now, when i replay it every so often, its hard as hell

kash0661

Lazy Trainer
I had a female Geodude so I laughed at Witney. Thats all their is to her, just make sure to get a female rock type and you'll cruise through, non of the starters are a good match.

Toxicity

Toxic to the touch
I never had trouble with her, but that might be because I always had a Geodude. Geodude makes Miltank a piece of cake.

I'm surprised she got her reputation; I think Gen 1 Sabrina and Ruby and Sapphire Norman are both more difficult from a pure stats standpoint if you don't know the game systems. Yellow Sabrina's level 50 Alakazam seems terrifying until you realize that you can just set up against her Abra.

Last edited:

Dr. Classy

Only RN with a PhD
do not question the great milktank, whose milk of shame we drinketh from.

jk

ummm, bc it was really hard, and if u were like me and chose cyndaquil, rollout was a b-word.

Status
Not open for further replies.