• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why did the writers remove Misty?

How do you feel about the writers choice about removing Misty?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mannyguy

Cascade Trainer
Pesonally I would like to see her back but like some of you said with a bigger part. Also as far as I am concerned May can have her legs amputated(mispelled most likely) and never come back. I mean she has the whole contest thing but her personally is to plain. Misty had more of an attitude and personality. For example if ash calls may Ugly she will probably just talk in an objective voice and cry, on the other hand misty would fight back and throw an attitude that gave POKEMON more of a friends don't always have to get along feel. Anyways May fine but Misty really needs to come back! Besides i heard misty was taken out because her "voice" quit its not like the creaters were like she sucks no one likes her GET HER OUT!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
mannyguy said:
Misty had more of an attitude and personality.

Which lasted until the Orange Islands arc at the most. She had very little to no personality afterwards. Her "attitude" started to fade as soon as Togepi hatched. Why people keep thinking she always acted like she did in Kanto is beyond me.

For example if ash calls may Ugly she will probably just talk in an objective voice and cry

Oh really? Have you seen "The Bicker the Better"? May nearly chewed off Ash's head in that episode. Saying she would just do nothing but "cry" shows me you have no idea what you're talking about.

on the other hand misty would fight back and throw an attitude that gave POKEMON more of a friends don't always have to get along feel.

Misty's arguments with Ash were frequent in Kanto, mild in the Orange Islands, and almost non-existant in Johto. They were funny yes, but Misty "always" patched things up with Ash afterwards. They're good friends, they don't hate each other.

Anyways May fine but Misty really needs to come back! Besides i heard misty was taken out because her "voice" quit its not like the creaters were like she sucks no one likes her GET HER OUT!

Misty's Japanese voice actress never quit, the writers just decided to remove her from the show. It has nothing to do with her voice actress.

mannyguy

Cascade Trainer
Ok well i heard somewhere in the forum that the lady quit I didn't believe it but it was assured to me so I guess its true. I know misty and ash are good friends, my point is that even good friends fight. Yes may can be fiesty and whatnot, but even so I just prefer Misty, May can stay on the series but even so I would like to see misty back.

Seijiro Mafuné

Diogomainardista!
If they use the Pokémon Jesse GS says she'd use, yeah, sure. But it'd also depend on the terms of battle - on a 3-on-3, it could go to May.

Nobody cares about my opinion though.

P

PokeTrainer7783

As most people think, I also think Misty has pretty much run her course on the show. I think she might make an apperance once in a while IF that but I don't think she'll be in the show like she had been. Besides it's nice to give some new characters air.

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Well the anti-Misty fans have dug their own grave by over-confidently saying she wont be coming back, it would be funny to see them fall in it if she does.

Lol I'd be laughing my head off actually.

P

PokeTrainer7783

Hey I liked Misty, I actually forgot all about her bike being destroyed about halfway through the show. After awhile at least I kinda forgot she supposedly was just following Ash until he gave her a new bike. Which I never for once believed one min she was just traveling with him for that after a few episodes. Wasn't until after the Johto League that I remembered oh yeah that's right her bike! She did annoy me at times, but hey Ash annoys me a hell of a lot more then her so that's saying something I guess. Ash and Misty are very much alike their both extrmely stubborn which makes them at times clash. But for now it's "Bye, Bye, Misty"

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
pokelover said:
sorry i cant spell to save my life

That's all right. No one here can really spell right.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Sharpshooter said:
Well the anti-Misty fans have dug their own grave by over-confidently saying she wont be coming back, it would be funny to see them fall in it if she does.

i couldn't care less if she did or not, and could a mod please close this i've seen enough of these

cold_katanagirl

Link Master
I doubt it. Maybe for a couple episodes, but not as a permanent traveling character for reasons already stated. At this point though, I don't care if she does.

I think it was funnier when people thought Misty was staying during the Togetic episodes.

It was also funny when people thought she'd be returning to give Ash and co a ride on her Gyarados because they obviously were incapable of taking a boat.

It was even funnier when people thought she'd turn up as Wallace's apprentice.

I almost died laughing when Misty didn't come to the Hoenn League.

I was cracking up when people thought Misty was staying during the three episodes in Kanto when it was already proven she was going to leave.

And the funniest of all is that even though they're in the same region, Misty left and she seems to be stuck at her gym. Again.

Lol.

Last edited:

Wolf Goddess

~Lupo Di Autunno~
cold_katanagirl said:
I think it was funnier when people thought Misty was staying during the Togetic episodes.

It was also funny when people thought she'd be returning to give Ash and co a ride on her Gyarados because they obviously were incapable of taking a boat.

I was cracking up when people thought Misty was staying during the three episodes in Kanto when it was already proven she was going to leave.

And the funniest of all is that even though they're in the same region, Misty left and she seems to be stuck at her gym. Again.

Lol.

This is why CKG owns.

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
cold_katanagirl said:
I doubt it. Maybe for a couple episodes, but not as a permanent traveling character for reasons already stated. At this point though, I don't care if she does.

Lol.

Clever, your mom right that for you?

The balls in their court though, she isn't in the animé at the moment, everything they'd want I suppose. So I guess from that they've got everything to loose and little to gain, on the other hand it's completely the opposite for us. Absolutley nothing to loose and everything to gain.

Make sure you don't drop the ball now!

Wolf Goddess

~Lupo Di Autunno~
Sharpshooter said:
Clever, your mom right that for you?

Oh, have to use personal insults because she owned your ass through logic?

Sharpshooter said:
The balls in their court though, she isn't in the animé at the moment, everything they'd want I suppose. So I guess from that they've got everything to loose and little to gain, on the other hand it's completely the opposite for us. Absolutley nothing to loose and everything to gain.

This has to do with her coming back to the anime...how?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I only found what cold kanatagirl posted very funny because it's the truth. As the new episodes of Hoenn were airing, EVERY single one of those points were made by desperate Misty fans who were all hoping she'd come back. They all got their hopes up for Misty to be at the Sootopolis GYM for some reason (WTF?) or for Misty to meet and stay with Ash from the Hoenn league onward.

It's perfectly understandable that people want to see their favorite character back in the anime, but the amount of elitism found in the Misty fanbase, (who also happen to be mostly Pokeshippers by the way, thus giving the "good" Pokeshippers a bad name) to be staggerring.

Status
Not open for further replies.