• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why did the writers remove Misty?

How do you feel about the writers choice about removing Misty?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
High Commander Solomon said:
Somebody bumped this from January. Why?

Apparently after 4 years, people still can't figure out why Misty is not in Pokemon Advanced. I guess they want us to explain it to them.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
I don't see the harm in keeping this topic open. It's not like the writers have ever gone on the record and said why Misty isn't in AG. There are many possible explanations. I wish people in the fandom didn't so frequently act as though their opinions were law on this issue, considering that all we really have to go on is speculation.

cold_katanagirl

Link Master
*glances at poll*

... You know, what the hell is going on? What happened to "MISTY IS HATED AT SPPF!!11!!"

At this moment, 267 people have voted on the poll, and almost half really want Misty back, and that's not even counting the people who "preffer" Misty.

If there are THIS many people who like Misty, then how are people who don't care/hate Misty/sick of Misty/whatever dominating the Misty fans at this site? WTF?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I do find it funny that Misty gets a HELL of a lot of support from polls on this site...yet these people never post. Either they're too intimidated to debate against other people, or they just don't care, anyway, it really is funny.

Maybe it's just nostalgia? If Misty isn't in the D/P region either, she'll have been gone from the show for 7 years. They're probably just dying to see her again.

Heck, even I got really excited to see Tracey in "A Right place at the right Mime," because I haven't seen him in ages, (let alone with a speaking role), but I don't really care for Tracey in the first place. o_O

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
I think it might be that a lot of the 'elite' posters here hate Misty, so they tend to drown out/flatten any of the newer or younger members who like her.

But I do think it's interesting she has so many supporters despite the heavy anti-Misty vibe on the boards. I'd estimate her at around the third most popular character in the franchise, after Ash and May.

Blaze Dragon

T3h Blazing Ranger!
I don´t want Misty to come back... She was there doing anything for 5 seasons. At least May do something

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
CyberCubed said:
Team Rocket is probably more popular than her too.
You'd think so, but TR seem oddly unloved. :( I don't understand it myself.

Then again, that could be because JJ&M tend to be listed on the polls as separate characters. Maybe as a group they'd beat Misty. As far as characters leaving and staying are concerned, they're essentially one entity anyway.

PDL

disenchanted
cold_katanagirl said:
... You know, what the hell is going on? What happened to "MISTY IS HATED AT SPPF!!11!!"

At this moment, 267 people have voted on the poll, and almost half really want Misty back, and that's not even counting the people who "preffer" Misty.

If there are THIS many people who like Misty, then how are people who don't care/hate Misty/sick of Misty/whatever dominating the Misty fans at this site? WTF?

I might have said this on many pages of this thread already, but most of the guys who voted for the "I want Misty back" opition are either.

1. people who've never seen anything AG and only watched indigo-jotho.

2. people who would registered here but never post again.

3. actual n00bs

4. regulars who genuinely feel that they want misty back, but that would only be a fraction of that percentage.

Chris

Old Coot
Good job bumping a dead thread from January, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.