• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why did the writers remove Misty?

How do you feel about the writers choice about removing Misty?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf Goddess

~Lupo Di Autunno~
Rodi said:
Didn't misty rejoin the group for the battle fronteir saga?

cold_katanagirl said:
I was cracking up when people thought Misty was staying during the three episodes in Kanto when it was already proven she was going to leave.

She came back. For three episodes. Then left.

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Wolf Goddess said:
Oh, have to use personal insults because she owned your ass through logic?

Why wasn't it funny?

Wolf Goddess said:
This has to do with her coming back to the anime...how?

Why you think I was talking about weather or something?

Just saying don't blow your trumpet too hard, it's not known what the situation is with her fully. I'm not one for clichés but "The bigger they become the harder they fall" springs to mind right now.

PDL

disenchanted
pfft... I used to actually like Misty... I liked the Kanto Misty... Orange Islands Misty... even Jotho Misty was okay...

I still liked her when she left the show, but the constant bickerings of "OMG I wnat Mistee bak!" from insane pokeshippers made me started to dislike her now...

now I think she should be axed from the show permanently to stop the whining once and for all...

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
CyberCubed said:
I only found what cold kanatagirl posted very funny because it's the truth. As the new episodes of Hoenn were airing, EVERY single one of those points were made by desperate Misty fans who were all hoping she'd come back. They all got their hopes up for Misty to be at the Sootopolis GYM for some reason (WTF?) or for Misty to meet and stay with Ash from the Hoenn league onward.
It makes sense why they got their hopes up, how would you feel if a favorite character of yours was gone for a while but made an appearence?
It's perfectly understandable that people want to see their favorite character back in the anime, but the amount of elitism found in the Misty fanbase, (who also happen to be mostly Pokeshippers by the way, thus giving the "good" Pokeshippers a bad name) to be staggerring.
It also makes sense why most of the Kasumi fanbase are us Pokeshippers, just like most of the Advanceshippers mostly being anti-Kasumi fans. ;)

Seriously, they CAN bring Kasumi back since Takeshi and Masato are also loosing their edge and since they CAN bring back her firery old attitude, but even if they bring back her old attitude back, anti-Kasumi fans will rant about how mean she is. >_> Yet, that's another chance for the anti-Kasumi fans to take out Kasumi again, right?

Anything is possible.

Edit: To the above poster: She can't be axed out the show just because people are whining, she wa an original main character and the writers aren't just going to axe her out. -_-;

Last edited:
E

Eric Cartman

There is a very good chance that Misty will return. We don't know **** at the moment, so lets wait and see.

PDL

disenchanted
Satoshi said:
Seriously, they CAN bring Kasumi back since Takeshi and Masato are also loosing their edge and since they CAN bring back her firery old attitude, but even if they bring back her old attitude back, anti-Kasumi fans will rant about how mean she is. >_> Yet, that's another chance for the anti-Kasumi fans to take out Kasumi again, right?

Anything is possible.

no it isn't :\

I'm afriad it will not be easy for Misty to revert to the attitude she once had years back, they cannot simply go back on 6 years of character development, even if it did prove harmful to the character in question... that's just terrible writing.

would you rather have Ash revert to a novice trainer who knew next to nothing about battling and capturing? because that was the very reason she was explosive in the first place... she was forced to travel with a dufus because he destoryed her bike. I'd be annoyed to if I was in that situation...

Last edited:

cold_katanagirl

Link Master
It makes sense why they got their hopes up, how would you feel if a favorite character of yours was gone for a while but made an appearence?
Happens with me (with Inuyasha though) all the time. =0

Misty going back to her original character would be awkward. This may annoy some people, but I think her losing her "tomboyish" nature was meant to be a sign of maturity.

Last edited:

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
EvilKeckleon said:
no it isn't :\

I'm afriad it will not be easy for Misty to revert to the attitude she once had years back, they cannot simply go back on 6 years of character development, even if it did prove harmful to the character in question... that's just terrible writing.

would you rather have Ash revert to a novice trainer who knew next to nothing about battling and capturing? because that was the very reason she was explosive in the first place... she was forced to travel with a dufus because he destoryed her bike. I'd be annoyed to if I was in that situation...
Actually.......yes......... That'll actually bring comedy back to the series, rather than have TR do all the bad comedy. :/

Me said:
Ya'know, they can still make Kasumi nice and still have moments to when she is pis*** off, right? >_>
but even if they bring back her old attitude back, anti-Kasumi fans will rant about how mean she is. >_> Yet, that's another chance for the anti-Kasumi fans to take out Kasumi again, right?
Which sums up my point. >_>

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Don't get me wrong, if Misty comes back I won't mind at all. As long as Misty/May start doing girly things together and start bathing in hot springs together, I won't mind one bit.

I like Misty. I hate Misty's fanbase.

BIG difference.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
CyberCubed said:
Don't get me wrong, if Misty comes back I won't mind at all. As long as Misty/May start doing girly things together and start bathing in hot springs together, I won't mind one bit.
Amen to that. :p

BIG difference.
You hate the fanbase? I'm offended. :p

E

Eric Cartman

CyberCubed said:

BIG difference.
Now we're talking :D.

P

PokeTrainer7783

Why don't we just wait and see what's gonna happen????? Instead of debating is she coming back, is she not coming back? and as they say you can't please everyone! If they bring her back some people will be unhappy some people will.

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
CyberCubed said:

BIG difference.

May and Misty bathing together in a hot spring...there's a few ways you could interpret that. ;)

P

pheonix

Misty was a good rowdy character but when they added May and Max in to the group all the characters became soft except Brock.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

PokeTrainer7783

I think Misty is probably just gonna pop in a few episodes here and there, I don't think she'll probably ever come back on the show permanetly.

S

sephiroth follower

;249-d; team rocket could destroy her gym and she get ash :surfpika: (NOT J+J)I hope she gets back for at least 1/2 a season and for you that think togepi ;175; ;298; OR azurill ruined her character she's always had a baby :Horsea ;116; /Togepi ;175; /Azurill ;298;

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
sephiroth follower said:
team rocket could destroy her gym and she get ash (NOT J+J)I hope she gets back for at least 1/2 a season and for you that think togepi OR azurill ruined her character she's always had a baby :Horsea/Togepi/Azurill

Yeah, but she didn't carry Tatsuu around outside of its Monster Ball. She treated it as she would any other Pokémon, and thus, she maintained her personality. Togepi turned her from a confident hothead into a one-dimensional woozy-eyed mother because she spent all her time caring for it. And after Togepi evolved and left, [SPOIL]Luriri did the same thing all over again (but at least it proved itself more useful).[/SPOIL].

G

Geki

This is a pretty nOObish post, but I'll post my opinion. I don't think Misty will return, maybe as a reoccuring character, but not as a main one. She has a job at the Cerulean Gym, and the writers kind of made it clear that she isn't returning, they had several chances. But don't get me wrong, I love Misty, and I'd much rather have her in the group then May, but I don't think she'll be returning as a main character.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
pokelover said:
is misty ever going to come back? :surfpika:

With her busy coming and going all the time. I hope she doesn't anymore. it is just annyoying more than interesting any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.