• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why did the writers remove Misty?

How do you feel about the writers choice about removing Misty?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
pokelover said:
i just thout didint misty and ash have a thing for each other i mean thy have a hole song on www.pokemon.com saying that?
.....That was dubbed-created. x_x; The original creators didn't make, so it's not legit. FYI, I think Ash and Misty have a thing for each other too, but just because they do, doesn't mean Misty will come back.

Last edited:

xXFallenButterflyXx

cherry BLOSSOM.
Besides i heard misty was taken out because her "voice" quit its not like the creaters were like she sucks no one likes her GET HER OUT!

0_o It was Gary's voice acter who mostly likely quit, not Misty's.

Oh really? Have you seen "The Bicker the Better"? May nearly chewed off Ash's head in that episode. Saying she would just do nothing but "cry" shows me you have no idea what you're talking about.

>.> Seriously. Have you even noticed that everytime Drew/Shuu makes fun of her, she doesn't start crying?

But anyways, I doubt that Misty will come back. :/

- ;078; ;121; Gary's ♥Fallen Angel♥ ;172; ;002;

High Commander Solomon

This is MADNESS!
It's a dub song. It's far from canon. And yeah, shipping is kind of a subplot, so I guess it means something. How much? Not a lot, we're thrilled if the writers can mantain continuity for five consecutive episodes.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
That's because the anti-Misty fans kept on complaining on how she got "boring". >_>

First, they say that Misty's to "mean", so the writers gave her Togepi to make Misty nice, than the anti-Misty fans say that's she's "to nice". It's because of the people that wanted her to leave.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I'll tell you why they removed her, they (the writers) were possessed by the Devil!!!! No seriously, I don't know, perhaps to p*ss the fans off? (please forgive me, I just want Misty back as much as many of you)

Wolf Goddess

~Lupo Di Autunno~
Because she had exhausted her character completely, and had become unpopular.

X

XDLord

Because n00bish fanboys like some users were annoying people.

Well, not really, but TRAdmin, Pikachu Fan number Nine and others like that, namely Pokeshippers are extremely annoying...well, Pokeshippers have gotten over it...but the few n00b ones remain.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Oh god, not another one of these threads.

You know I used to reply to almost all threads like, "Why did they remove Misty?" or "When is Misty coming back?" or "The show jumped the shark now that Misty is gone!"

But I realized, it's pointless. People are going to continue to whine on about Misty for years and years to come. When she doesn't return for the Diamond/Pearl saga either, people will still be whining.

I guess I could type up a long post as to why the writers removed Misty, but I'd rather not. :/

Last edited:
CyberCubed said:

You know I used to reply to almost all threads like, "Why did they remove Misty?" or "When is Misty coming back?" or "The show jumped the shark now that Misty is gone!"

But I realized, it's pointless. People are going to continue to whine on about Misty for years and years to come. When she doesn't return for the Diamond/Pearl saga, people will still be whining.

I guess I could type up a long post as to why the writers removed Misty, but I'd rather not. :/

Please would you tell me, I'm curious.

E

Ethereal

Basically, her usefulness was worn out, and her character was exhausted to the point that they couldn't do anything new with her anymore. Same with Brock, but I have no idea why he's still here. o_O

Team Rocket Admin

CyberCubed said:

But I realized, it's pointless. People are going to continue to whine on about Misty for years and years to come. When she doesn't return for the Diamond/Pearl saga either, people will still be whining.

We don't know for sure if Misty is gone for good or not. I think you don't want Misty to come back because it would probably come at a cost of losing May, right? What if Misty comes back, and Brock, and Max leave? It would be Ash traveling around with two hot chicks, and things could get interesting, no? ;) :D

E

Ethereal

Gah. Why can't you people accept that Misty is gone? She's just a cameo character now. There's no need to bring her back again. At least Brock cooks. What does she add now? Nothing. Plus, she's taking care of the Cerulean Gym. Face it, she ain't ever coming back. ;/

E

Ethereal

No. We DO know. There's no point in her returning, and as I said, she's preoccupied with the Gym thing. ;[

G

General Koffing

We don't know what the writers have up their sleeve, as they could be planning something big for Misty (some sort of Water Poke thing in the D/P region etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.