• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why did the writers remove Misty?

How do you feel about the writers choice about removing Misty?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raevell

CyberCubed said:
Ah, so is that why we have a 10 year old female character with B cup breasts? Sweet!

j/k

I do wonder what parents might have said if May appeared way back in the 1st season, said she was 10, and looked like she does now. Funny to think about.

Considering they flipped out saying it was blasphemy because Pokemon "evolved"? Ahh... fun times, that was.

On topic, I never much cared for Misty myself, but that was mostly due to her cruelty towards Ash who was my favorite character. Now I have no problem with her since she and Ash became friends. I agree with what a lot of people have said though, just give her something to do. Even if it was just interesting character interactions, the last season she was in she didn't do anything but stand there muttering about obvious situations.

I would love to have Misty back if she was hothead again. It could cause some interesting situations to develop.

...as long as it was at no expense to May who is my favorite female character in Pokemon, if not my favorite character completely. I don't want her leaving just so Misty can come back. Why must there be only one female character in the group at a time though? Is it some sort of rule?

May isn't boring, she's just different from Misty. :p I think May gets a lot of prejudice because everyone does look at her as Misty's replacement.

But I do want Misty to stick the Azurill in a pokeball. I am so tired of her always having something in her arms. On a positive note, though, at least Azurill occasionally walks on its own and isn't totally clueless. It can stay in one place, unlike Togepi, who had no attention span and would wander off only leaving everyone to drop everything to go and find the silly thing.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
mayash said:
As Long As;theres Advanceshipping,she Doesnt Pull Brocks Ear, Shes Fine But I Hate Her Because,shes So Stupid That She Doesnt Realiseash Is Youger Than Her And When Theres A.s. Shell Cry Home,and She Chose The Worst Dream Ever!my Favorite Pokemon May Be Water But I Dont Use Pure Water!
Before May I Barely Watched Pokemon But The Advance Season Got Me By The Advanceshipping So Now I Am A.s. Obese And I Super Duperly Hate Misty
Why on Earth do you exist? I guess natrual selection really is dead in humans

Magus

Fog Trainer
Raevell said:
But I do want Misty to stick the Azurill in a pokeball. I am so tired of her always having something in her arms. On a positive note, though, at least Azurill occasionally walks on its own and isn't totally clueless. It can stay in one place, unlike Togepi, who had no attention span and would wander off only leaving everyone to drop everything to go and find the silly thing.
Azurill also has a Pokéball, which by itself makes it an improvement over Togepi. I hope it's evolved by the next time Misty shows up, though.

Magus

Fog Trainer
Because the point of baby Pokémon is for them to grow up, and game-wise it doesn't take much for an Azurill to evolve to Marill.

DarkDeoxys

Spikeshell Trainer
i think by showing that Misty always seems to have a baby pokemon in her arms it shows her that she can Motherly and kind and gentle.

I think it will be after the Diamond/Pearl Region for when Misty Comes back if Ash does Really well in that league then i think he'll go through the Indigo League Once More and then challange the Elite 4

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Magus said:
Because the point of baby Pokémon is for them to grow up, and game-wise it doesn't take much for an Azurill to evolve to Marill.

I don't see them giving Misty the same exact Pokemon as Tracey. Having Misty with an Azurill and her dear Tracey with a Marill makes a lot more sense.

It's not like any of the other baby Pokemon are rushing off to evolve either, (Munchlax, Bonsly, Manene).

Magus

Fog Trainer
Munchlax, Bonsly, and Manene are...D/P Pokémon. They exist to promote the upcoming games. They evolve into Pokémon from previous generations, so evolving them before D/P is even released would contradict their purpose. Azurill is a Ru/Sa Pokémon, so it isn't important for the promotional aspect.

Also, I think Tracey's Marill is itself a bit overdue to evolve.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
But Azurill was meant to be Togepi's replacement. It's a cute cuddly Pokemon for Misty to squeeze. Evolving it and making it the same Pokemon as Tracey's is pretty pointless.

The writers even played up the Misty/Azurill/Tracey/Marill thing in the Oaks lab episode. Making Azurill into a Marill clone is pointless for the story as there's no need for it.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Yall do know that Misty got that Azurill as a result of using Tracey's Marill with Professor Oak's help right? That's what Misty said in Scott and the Battle Frontier...

~Scott;229;

SpongeBoblover

< She's preaty
Its ok.
I think Misty cool.
But I like May better.

-=Darkness of Umbreon=-

<-winning with it
Kanto was the best place they have made. so it is natrual that ever character would be their best there. Thats why everything fell, they went into Johto. It is a horrible place where they introduced the baby poke. That just ruined Johto and pokemon untill Hoenn came. Then they started to gain more intrest without the fact that Misty is there. Plus she is like 19 years old. So she may just be tired of traveling. Unlike brock, I think they just put him in because he still is looking for a girl. (Never going to happen)

Captain Brain

CyberCubed said:
But Azurill was meant to be Togepi's replacement. It's a cute cuddly Pokemon for Misty to squeeze. Evolving it and making it the same Pokemon as Tracey's is pretty pointless.

The writers even played up the Misty/Azurill/Tracey/Marill thing in the Oaks lab episode. Making Azurill into a Marill clone is pointless for the story as there's no need for it.

The diffrence between Toigepi and Azurill Is that Azurill can attack on command AND PROBALY HAS BEEN A GYM BATTLE OR TWO. As shown possible in today's episode where Azurill used Refresh and Bubble.;025;

~Flareon~

Misty came back in the 1st Kanto Battle Frontier episode at Ash's house. But actually she went back to her gym to do some things in the second episode. I think she will come back in the D/P series.

PDL

disenchanted
High Commander Solomon said:
Somebody bumped this from January. Why?

who knows, but it's better to have a single thread that's constantly bumped then to have alot of threads about the subject cropping up, like recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.