• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why did they stop making Pokemon books in the middle of Johto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
I saw a couple of Hoenn books in store, and one of BW, but what's weird is that they stopped publishing books until Hoenn started, at least according to Bulbapedia. I think the last one I read was Winner Take All.

Other than the fad dying out, why stop publishing in the middle of a region, not making new ones until Hoenn?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I saw a couple of Hoenn books in store, and one of BW, but what's weird is that they stopped publishing books until Hoenn started, at least according to Bulbapedia. I think the last one I read was Winner Take All.

Other than the fad dying out, why stop publishing in the middle of a region, not making new ones until Hoenn?

Are you talking about those children books? I think they still make then every saga.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Are you talking about those children books? I think they still make then every saga.

Hold on, arent all Pokemon books childrens books? Which ones are we talking about? Sticker albums, unofficial pokedexes or short novelizations?

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Oh! The short novelizations :D

I actually thought they were great books at the time, I had books 7 and 8. But werent they all written by Tracey West?

Im guessing Scholastic decided it wasnt worth publishing them once the Pokemon fad had died in the West? Now, everyone just plays the game whilst the odd few keep tabs on the animé. I dont think books can sell that well without the cult following Pokemon had in Gen1.

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
Ya, Tracey West wrote them (at least the ones I had).

I thought they were great too, but then again, I was 5. Still..

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Yeah, exactly. Maybe if you found sales figures for those books youd find a pattern as to why they were discontinued. Of course, Tracey might just have decided it got old to write about Pokemon :)

I got each book for a quid, not worth the printing paper is it!

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
I'm looking up sales figures, but can't find anything on them, I'm guessing they declined.

I guess it wasn't worth it, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.