1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Why did you join your Team?

Discussion in 'Pokemon GO Discussion' started by AmericanPi, Sep 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmericanPi

AmericanPi Write on

Joining one of the three Teams in Pokemon GO - Instinct, Mystic, or Valor - is a required action for all Pokemon GO players when they reach Level 5. What went into your decision to join the Team you picked? Was it because you could relate to their philosophy, liked the design of their Leader, or something else?

My reason for joining Team Mystic was really shallow, but the decision was a no-brainer for me. Articuno is my all-time favorite Pokemon. Like, #1 favorite, I love no other Pokemon the way I love Articuno. Since Articuno is the mascot of Team Mystic, I naturally joined Team Mystic.

Upon closer inspection, I realized that I agree with a lot of Team Mystic's values and philosophies. I like to think a lot, and my favorite way of playing Pokemon GO is completing the Pokedex rather than touching the Gyms.

However, if I were to join a team based entirely on personal values, I'd join Instinct, because I strongly believe in loving and trusting your Pokemon, and I usually make decisions based on how I feel. But I try to make decisions based on thinking as well as feeling. And then, of course, there's Articuno. So I'm Mystic through and through, even though I don't really play the Gyms.

What about you? Why did you join your Team?

2. I joined Mystic as Articuno is my favourite of the legendary bird trio, and blue is my favourite colour. Though Fire types are my favourite.
    I'm not smart though, personally I think I'd suit Instinct better. But I'm happy with my team :)

3. sheepgoesmeep

sheepgoesmeep Ta-dah!

I joined Valor because I thought Candela's silhouette looked cute, and I was proven right when the designs were fully revealed :)

4. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Into the Shadows Staff Member Moderator

I picked team Mystic because blue is my favorite color and Articuno is my favorite legendary bird.

5. FairyWitch

FairyWitch Metroid Hunter

I joined valor for several reasons:
    1.) I love moltres out of the three birds as my favorite
    2.) besides fairy types and grass types I love fire types as well which charmander was my first Pokemon in red version
    3.)I just felt Valor was the way to go since I love battling personally

6. DJSummers

DJSummers Ground-Type Champion

I joined Team Mystic because like some others, my favorite of the 3 Birds was Articuno, and blue being a color that I like.

7. MayTrainer

MayTrainer Demon Buster Trainee

I joined theam Mystic because I love blue and Articuno is my favorite of the 3 Birds :)

8. TheUnreal

TheUnreal Active Member

I joined Instinct because I knew it's going to be underrated and most of the people will go for the mainstream red/blue

9. godson710420

godson710420 Member

Knew a couple of people who went Instinct already and the gyms which are on 3 of the 4 corners on the same block were usually Yellow.

10. XSilverStarboyX

XSilverStarboyX Well-Known Member

I joined Mystic because I love Articuno, and while my favorite color is green, I felt Blue was close enough. However, I feel my personality matches more of an Instinct member as I am about winning with my favorites;152;

11. GustavoWoltmann

GustavoWoltmann New Member

I joined Valor because I like fire type pokemons. Right now, I have charizard and Flareon with high CPs!
    __
    Gustavo Woltmann

12. Dragalge

Dragalge Countey

I actually prefer Zapdos over all of them but I wanted to find a middle ground since Team Instinct/Mystic were too (un)popular and Valor sounded pretty cool in my opinion so I went with that team as my choice.

13. I chose Instinct because I like yellow, Zapdos, and Spark, and the motivation behind the team is my favorite of the three.

14. Nukie

Nukie New Member

I misread the reasons for joining a team. I thought the qualities for each team were the qualities your Pokemon would evolve into. Doh!

I chose Valor because I wanted Strength to be a key attribute in my evolved Pokemon. Did anyone else do this?

15. lilcipher

lilcipher bi & ready 2 di

The only reason why I joined Mystic was because at the time most of the gyms around me were all Mystic, and I wanted to go with the crowd. And then the Instinct team took over so now I'm a lone blue wolf, searching to find my pack again...

16. jacensolo66

jacensolo66 Well-Known Member

I chose Charmander as my starter. I joined Team Red.

17. nathandg0924

nathandg0924 Back in the meantime

My team is Team Mystic, and I joined it since it was popular, and members in my family who do play the game are part of it. :D

18. Hakajin

Hakajin Obsessive Shipper

Mystic, since values of intelligence and wisdom suit me best. I also like Articuno the best out of the three birds... but that didn't really factor into my decision.

19. xEryChan

xEryChan #ScorbunnySquad Staff Member Moderator

I have a couple of reasons why I picked Mystic. I love the color blue, it's one of my favorite colors. I love the sade of Blue on the Team Mystic design, Articuno is my favorite of the three legendary birds, and I just love the name as well.

20. blastoise92

blastoise92 Member

i picked Instinct because Zapdos was my favorite out of the legendary birds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.