• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why didn’t they make a ‘Johto’ DLC?

Red

Not the color
It literally would’ve been perfect. It has the events that build up to the Johto storyline with Blue taking over as gym leader of Viridian and Giovanni retiring

A Johto or even Sevii Islands addition would be perfect

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I think there is a thread about Sevii Islands:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Because Johto would make the game twice as big (which yeah, would be nice, but Game Freak can't seem to handle that much content well) and would ruin the level pacing just like in GSCHGSS.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
First off, Let's Go were remakes of Red/Blue with some Yellow elements. Johto would not have made much sense there.

Let's Go are fairly self contained games.

Also, and this is personal speculation on my behalf, but I think Let's Go was meant to be sort of a testing ground for Pokemon games on Switch.

Pokemon Power

Personally, I think they're gonna make two new versions of the Johto adventure within the next few years, as part of the ninth generation.

Leonhart

Imagineer
These were Kanto-themed games meant to pander to Kanto nostalgia, so a Jouto extension wouldn't have made much sense in the grand scheme of things.

Sakuyamon

Wouldn't that have ruined the point of the games being remakes of the Gen 1 games? Besides GF can make more money remaking the Johto games again instead of making them DLC.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
LGPE did have good sales numbers but honestly they are among the weakest entries in main series games. They weren’t extremely popular in terms of having fans that keep talking about them, the gameplay gets really dull after you capture Mewtwo, and they have no actual replay value to them. Even GF cast them aside and barely gave them any Mystery Gifts and the ones they did get forced you to use that useless Pokémon Pass app and your local store that was supposedly hosting the event might not have even had it! Adding Johto to the games would be like trying use rubber ducks to save a sinking ship.

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
I would love a Let's Go Umbreon and Let's Go Espeon, which could tie into remakes of Colosseum (since they are that game's starters) and XD: Gale of Darkness.