• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why didn't Misty and Iris get a Pokedex?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it's because Misty and Iris have been Trainers ever since they were younger, so they weren't beginners like most Trainers are when the get their Pokedex. Misty lived at the Cerulean Gym and Iris battled with and against Drilbur. But, they could have gotten a Pokedex from a Nurse Joy though. I don't know why not. :/

Charizard-Fan

Star Wars fan
They weren't beginners like May and Dawn when we first saw them. That's why they didn't get a Pokedex from any professor.

Haunter ゴースト

It's pretty obvious.

May and Dawn started off their journey as Pokemon trainers (just like Ash, Gary even Cameron has one since he's a trainer). Misty was a Gym Leader and nothing ever stated a Gym Leader should have one (Brock and Cilan could be argued if you did believe so) and Iris was simply a trainer given a Pokemon by somebody she knows. Nobody of high priority like a Professor.

An00bis

Wicked Witch

If you get your First Pokemon from a Professor or Authorized Nurse Joy you get a Pokedex.

If you get your First Pokemon from any other source you do not get a Pokedex.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Brock and Cilan don't have Pokedex's either, so why is this such a surprise?

I guess Gym leaders just aren't given them.

Lucille

Misty and Iris were side characters while May and Dawn were more main characters who had big dreams alongside Ash. Plus they were given a Starter Pokemon from a Regional Professor

takecare

because they got their pokemon from someone else than a professor! but i m sure they would be given one if they asked for one....

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Dawn and May were given their starters by a Professor, meaning they get their Pokedex as standard. Misty and Iris didn't get them because they started training and obtained their Pokemon elsewhere.

I'm not even sure why this matters? Does it really matter who has a Pokedex in the show?

It matters about as much as the threads you usually make..

Blessed

I found it interesting how Misty used Ash's Pokedex twice. (To look up Poliwag & Mantine.) She might have known the basics, but there were other Pokemon she did not know of. I think the same applies to Iris.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Dawn and May were given their starters by a Professor, meaning they get their Pokedex as standard. Misty and Iris didn't get them because they started training and obtained their Pokemon elsewhere.

Funny how they never told us what Misty's first Pokemon was. It was probably Staryu, but the writers didn't even care enough to state it. We were at least told Brock's first pokemon was Onix in an early AG ep.

Wait, why does Georgia have a pokedex then? She probably stole it.

xEryChan

Demon Child
May and Dawn started off their journey so that's why they got them. Misty and Iris were already trainers before they met up with Ash so that's why I think they didn't get a pokedex.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Funny how they never told us what Misty's first Pokemon was. It was probably Staryu, but the writers didn't even care enough to state it. We were at least told Brock's first pokemon was Onix in an early AG ep.

Really? I always thought we got told about that and it was Staryu/Starmie. My memory is very foggy regarding the subject though, so I'm probably wrong..

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Really? I always thought we got told about that and it was Staryu/Starmie. My memory is very foggy regarding the subject though, so I'm probably wrong..

I've rewatched the series extensively, we were never told what Misty's first Pokemon is. That's why we don't know if that Starmie was her first and then evolved or she caught it as a Starmie either.

We know Brock's was Onix, as an early AG episode shows a flashback with Brock/Flint and Brock saying it was his first.

Status
Not open for further replies.