1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Why didn't Viz release the rest of Magical Pokemon Journey?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by Blackjack Gabbiani, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Blackjack Gabbiani

Blackjack Gabbiani Clearly we're great!

Anyone know? I know they and CY stopped it at around the same time, but CY went back to it later on and finished it up. Viz, despite a much larger market that wanted more variety, never did. It seems like such an obvious choice and yet they didn't make it.

2. I am serperior

I am serperior The Ultimate trainer

Maybe magical journey had bad sales and Viz Media dropped the translation because of it

3. Blackjack Gabbiani

I doubt it would have sold much better in Singapore. Does anyone have the numbers on that?

4. I am serperior

I am serperior The Ultimate trainer

no one has the numbers I guess no one is interested

5. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

Magical Pokemon Journey was my favourite pokemon manga when I was young, but I noticed that the manga didn't seem to sell that well at my local bookstore back when it first came out. So if I had to guess, I'd say that the demand just wasn't there, perhaps due to how the manga was more shoujo oriented than shounen. ^^;

6. Blackjack Gabbiani

Well, would anyone know the numbers or how to get them?