• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why didn't XY get a "second wave"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
To be honest I think there saving the "third versions" for the XY remakes. Pokemon XZ and Pokemon YZ version. I think these are also the most likely titles as there's nothing really that sounds great with X and Y. Life X? Death Y? Doesn't sound very marketable but XZ and YZ sounds like both remakes and third versions, like how Ultra in Ultra Moon and Ultra Sun symbolizes Ultra Necrozma. Also XZ and YZ fits the 3D theme quite well.

BCVM22

That makes no sense. I assure you they didn't intentionally hold anything back for remakes of games that came out in 2013.

Again, it's obvious that a third Kalos title or Kalos sequel or whatever was planned at some point, but ended up falling through the cracks as certain other projects were forcibly shifted. It happens. We don't need to be so farfetched as to guess they were intentionally saving material for games in 2023.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
That makes no sense. I assure you they didn't intentionally hold anything back for remakes of games that came out in 2013.

Again, it's obvious that a third Kalos title or Kalos sequel or whatever was planned at some point, but ended up falling through the cracks as certain other projects were forcibly shifted. It happens. We don't need to be so farfetched as to guess they were intentionally saving material for games in 2023.
Yeah. I think that they wanted to do a XY third game, but I think that they decided against it because they thought it would be much more fitting to release a new gen in the year of the 20th anniversary than a third version.

BCVM22

I don’t even think they decided against it. I think there was some manner of shuffling necessitated by the slow progress of the Switch, to which I think Sun/Moon were originally linked, and that caused a trickle down effect of which a Kalos revisit was a casualty.

Again, they didn’t conceive elements like the Zygarde formes and Battle Bond just for the anime and then to awkwardly shoehorn them into Sun/Moon. Another Kalos game was clearly intended at some stage. We’re just unlikely to ever know how deep in development it was, and the full story of why it got the axe.

shoz999

I don’t even think they decided against it. I think there was some manner of shuffling necessitated by the slow progress of the Switch, to which I think Sun/Moon were originally linked, and that caused a trickle down effect of which a Kalos revisit was a casualty.

Again, they didn’t conceive elements like the Zygarde formes and Battle Bond just for the anime and then to awkwardly shoehorn them into Sun/Moon. Another Kalos game was clearly intended at some stage. We’re just unlikely to ever know how deep in development it was, and the full story of why it got the axe.
I hope that by the time they make the XZ and YZ remakes, they actually make Kalos feel like a more complete and finished region. There were so many areas in Kalos that felt like it was either empty, blocked off, or rushed and unfinished.

shoz999

No. Stop. Pause. Years away, if ever. Please don't make this a thing to be concerned about.
No. Not years away. Fans have always wondered what a complete version of X and Y would look like and through a remake, it's our best bet of those possibilities.

BCVM22

No. Not years away.

Yes, remakes of games that came out in 2013 are still years away, if they ever happen. Why are we even discussing this? Why was it necessary to bring up the non-topic of X/Y remakes in the first place?

shoz999

Yes, remakes of games that came out in 2013 are still years away, if they ever happen. Why are we even discussing this? Why was it necessary to bring up the non-topic of X/Y remakes in the first place?
Because they will be envisioned as the "Third Versions" that some people wanted. The reason why I call them XZ and YZ is not just because it sounds the best but similar to "Ultra" Moon and "Ultra" Sun where Ultra symbolizes Necrozma, these third versions/remakes also represent Zygarde which is what we are talking about.

BCVM22

You're not, though. You're trying to talk about games that don't exist yet and won't for years, if ever. Remakes are not third vers--

no. no. this is more energy than the topic deserves. good-bye.

shoz999

You're not, though. You're trying to talk about games that don't exist yet and won't for years, if ever. Remakes are not third vers--

no. no. this is more energy than the topic deserves. good-bye.
Yes I am. I am talking about a remake that can POTENTIALLY be seen as the third version by fans everywhere by...
  • Having Z in the game's title as representation of Zygarde
  • Having Zygarde on the cover-art somehow similar to Necrozma and Kyurem
  • Having a far more completed region and story introducing Zygarde, including his Complete Form, taking part in a huge role
  • Having a updated post-game more similar to Emerald's Battle Frontier and not ORAS's poor casual excuse of a post-game.
This is the closest thing we will EVER get to a Third Version, everything that people have ever speculated of what could happen in a Third Version will likely come in the form of a remake and it is not too early to talk about games that won't come for a long while. It's NEVER too early to talk about remakes and unlike other generations, XY remakes will be potentially unique as they have the ability to carry many things over from a potential Z version.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I just really want to know why AZ’s Floette was fully programmed into the games and given its own unique stats and signature move that is still programmed into the games to this day complete with a battle animation and odds of Metronome calling for the attack. It just seems like a complete waste of time for whoever designed and programmed Eternal Floette into the games. And even more of a waste for whoever writes the Pokédex in USUM since it even had its own entry in the Rotom Dex.

BCVM22

I just really want to know why AZ’s Floette was fully programmed into the games and given its own unique stats and signature move that is still programmed into the games to this day complete with a battle animation and odds of Metronome calling for the attack. It just seems like a complete waste of time for whoever designed and programmed Eternal Floette into the games.

Just a hunch.

Between Zygarde's additional formes and other factors like Eternal Floette, it's obvious that a third Kalos game - a "Pokémon Z" - was intended at some stage but was never realized.

I agree that it was probably a casualty of the behind-the-scenes shuffling of Generation VII and/or the Switch, but we're unlikely to ever know the full story.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

shoz999

I just really want to know why AZ’s Floette was fully programmed into the games and given its own unique stats and signature move that is still programmed into the games to this day complete with a battle animation and odds of Metronome calling for the attack. It just seems like a complete waste of time for whoever designed and programmed Eternal Floette into the games. And even more of a waste for whoever writes the Pokédex in USUM since it even had its own entry in the Rotom Dex.
Maybe they planned a Floette Bossfight similar to Necrozma and N/Ghetsis.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
What I don't get is why they didn't at least give out Eternal Flower Floette through an event distribution if nothing else. There was no real reason to completely scrap it.

shoz999

What I don't get is why they didn't at least give out Eternal Flower Floette through an event distribution if nothing else. There was no real reason to completely scrap it.
It probably had significant plot-importance as either a bossfight or a mystery gift event similar to BW and DP but because X and Y are possibly rushed, they scrapped it. I say possible boss fight as well because the games are known to have there notable epic bossfights from N weilding a legendary to U. Necrozma sweeping entire teams and then there is the manga, Pokemon Adventures. Not a lot of people realizes this but Pokemon Adventures is not only a great adaptation of the Pokemon game series with so much accurate detail and expanding upon things only hinted by the Pokedex but it also implements features that were originally supposed to be in the Pokemon games but were cut out, from a spiky Charmander to Gold's skateboard, there's a scene where AZ attacks Kalos believing people haven't changed. It's just a wild guess as the recent Adventure adaptations have become more looser and looser but it's possible it was hinting that AZ had a much MUCH bigger role in X and Y than as some mysterious story-teller who comes along a few times and that Floette was to take part somehow. Due to that, we probably won't see GameFreak's fully-realized vision of X and Y until the possible remake third versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.