• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Why do/did you watch the anime for?

SinnohEevee

For those who still watch or used to watch the anime, why do/did you watch it for mainly?
For me, it's the League and the battles. The latter are what makes Pokémon Pokémon. There are plenty of other shows with magical creatures, the battles are what makes this anime stand up.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm watching for the characters and character interactions, and for my favorite Pokemon. I haven't watched the anime for the battles and league since the end of DP as they got repetitive, predictable, and boring.

snorlax512

Battles. There are countless TV shows with far better character development and stories than pokemon (since it's aimed at 10yo japanese kids), but few TV shows contain epic monster battles with great animation and quality.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Because I still very much enjoy and love the majority of the aspects and elements in this anime to put it simply. :p I'm sure we already had a ton of threads like this before.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I have pretty much loved anything Pokemon related since I was first introduced to it at the age of 5 by my best friend. The anime is no exception (even during its bad parts, like Paul and the Plasma debacle)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The simple answer is I watch the show because I like Pokemon. But that answer is too simple to do the real answer justice. The real answer is that I love the world of Pokemon. By that, I don't just mean the franchise, I mean the world itself. There is something incredibly alluring about that world to me. It's a perfect place that I literally dream of living in. Even though the games allow me to control a character in this world, they are an extremely limited window into this world, but the show, on the other hand, gives me a weekly look into this absolutely amazing place, and is the closest I will ever be able to come to actually experiencing what it is like to live there.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Battles, characters and story.

If the battles aren't good, then the series itself won't be good for me. Second most important are character, since these are the people we see for multiple years every week. Not only when it comes the progression of characters, development episodes, battles etc, but the main evil team should be as important as those.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I only watch select episodes for fun, i.e. ones that seem like they have a good storyline. Hence why I've skipped out on most of SM.

Janovy

Banned
I watch it for enjoyment.

johnwalter1044

Pokemon Anime Master
Pokemons, pokemon battles, story, characters, small details.
Anything that i see and like is pretty much why i watch it,
and is the reason why i managed to watch episode ever.
Excluding not yet released SM episodes.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I watch the anime to see what Ash's friends are up to since they interest me much more than Ash does hee hee. I used to watch for the gym battles as well, although that's gone now. :[

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
I watch it for every thing basically; The different characters, the Pokémon, humor, evil plots, character interactions, the different storylines, battles, etc...and the fact that I've been watching since it started, so why give up now..? I'm invested in this anime until either it dies or I do. ;)

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I watch the anime for the journey and the adventure--Ash's journey, the friends (human and Pokémon) he meets, the battles, the interactions between the characters, the different storylines, the villains' plots... I suppose I watch it for everything. :)

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
To see the battles, Ash's story, different companions and their goals, the villians teams and the whole pokemon region. Furthermore, I've been watching the anime since a kid like most others, and despite many ups and downs, the anime (and pokemon as a whole) are just a huge part of my life. I have invested so much of my time on this franchise, and I will see it through till the day it ends.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
It's a great drinking game so long as you don't use any alcohol.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Battles! Also in the hope that my first anime hero will 1 day finally achieve his goal (or at least win a league) though I'm not sure how much longer my hope for this can hold out (probably till the end of gen 8).

DanielSA

I agreed with BGuy7. I love the Pokemon World and the anime makes it fell more alive. I love the game too, but the anime make everything look more "real". I love to see Ash and their friends go to a different city or route every week.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
i just love pokemon and the world presented in it. despite all the hate the anime's gotten over the years, i've always enjoyed it. also, currently for me, it serves as a good stress reliever from university.

Last edited: